Stuck on dead server.. on the verge of quitting

I used to play on Faerlina Horde side. When prepatch and WoTLK came out and the massive queues started, I took the free transfer to Bloodsail Buccaneers Horde side. This was the only east coast PvE server option.

My original plan was to do a paid transfer to Mankrik as I have friends and guildies there waiting for me. Mankrik is locked (even though I can make a new character there??) so in the meantime I transferred to BB thinking it would only be a few weeks until the queues died down and I could do a paid transfer to Mankrik.

Well it’s been over a month and there’s been no queues for weeks and I’m still unable to pay blizzard money to transfer to be with my friends. Instead, I’m stuck on a server with barely 500 horde players at peak hours. I was posting gems on the AH and there were only 1-2 other listings other than mine for commonly used gems. I log in and try to get a dungeon group going but there’s maybe a handful of people actually LFG at once. It’s very depressing and I end up just logging out and playing something else. Funny enough, I can transfer my SoM character to Mankrik! What a joke

11 Likes

Yawn. Another “sky is falling” thread.

Hopefully DF is good so these retail folks will stop trolling the Classic forums.

4 Likes

No, the “sky isn’t falling.” I don’t even care about DF at all. I want to play WoTLK with my friends, and am willing to pay money to do so. Is that so hard? There’s no reason to keep a server locked when it hasn’t had queues for weeks.

8 Likes

My god you went to bloodsail. I’m so sorry bro. I was there in classic, huge mistake lol. 2 guilds raid

4 Likes

Go play bloodsail bro I dare you to try to even do naxx 10 at peak hours

3 Likes

Says the blood elf demon hunter.

You folks aren’t even trying anymore.

1 Like

There you go. Happy now?

1 Like

While an argument could be made for the server capacity (already having multiple layers is not “classic” ) if the man has enough time to post here…Give him the xfer Blizzard!

4 Likes

its not a permalocked single faction de facto pve megaserver therefore its a dead server

:clown_face:

2 Likes

Alliance side is like 90% of the server, and the server is “medium” pop, so it basically is dead for horde.

5 Likes

Not really sure why they don’t just merge a bunch of the low pop servers sooner than later.

2 Likes

and miss out on all that sweet transfer money? no chance.

6 Likes

If u can make a character on mankrik reroll get your friends to help boost you through content and use that character until u can transfer.

It might be awhile before they unlock mankrik u can probably be raiding on a fresh character before blizzard unlocks servers.

Or transfer you som character there and lvl that to 80. Sounds like you have options.

5 Likes

I literally leveled my character from 1 in prepatch and just hit 80 last night on him. I’d rather quit then have to do that again. I don’t want to play my SoM character

1 Like

Going to BB Horde was a massive mistake. You should have done some basic investigation before doing that free transfer.

As for server locks, even though there are no queues currently, they should still keep locks in place on busy servers. If they keep them near max, we’ll get massive queues and the ensuing cry storm when Ulduar launches with people complaining how “Blizzard mismanaged the population”.

Don’t ask Blizzard to mismanage the population by asking them to remove server locks.

5 Likes

My only other options were to deal with the long queues, go to a pvp server or go to a west coast PvE server. West coast ping gives me a headache and it would’ve been the same issues as they’re all 90%+ alliance dominated. I’m done with world PvP in wow so that was a no go.

2 Likes

If your plan was to do a paid transfer eventually, I would have picked a better temporary server than Horde BB. That was very unwise. :frowning:

3 Likes

You’re right. I didn’t think it would take this long

3 Likes

If avatars matter, then I don’t think a level 41 posting in the Lich King forums is a good look either.

Mankrik peaked at like a 30 minute queue one day. That’s it. Like we’re right at that perfect pop line. Let people transfer because god knows no server is going to maintain their pop.

1 Like

Your reading comprehension is awful if that’s what you got from reading OP’s post.

2 Likes