Stuck on dead server.. on the verge of quitting

just because the queue is gone, does not mean the server load has diminished. the two are not mutually exclusive, lol

2 Likes

The brain is the most complex part of the human body. It is responsible for intelligence, interpretation of senses, controlling of behavior and initiation of body movements. The brain is enclosed in hard skull with protective fluids. With these interesting facts, let’s learn more about its: size, weight, cholesterol content, number of cells; multi-tasking, attention span, dreams, physical health, decision making, diseases and more.

quit wiht me. im a multir1 multiclasser here for nostalgias sake and to prove myself with what i thought woudl be my peers ( higher level glads to multir1) but i got stuck on a backwater server even though i came bak 1 day b4 release

1 Like

53 Interesting Facts About The Brain

1. The size of a typical brain is almost 2% of a body’s weight but is uses 20% of the body’s energy and oxygen intake. Now, when you use your brain much, be cautious, you are actually burning a lot of calories, indeed. Even at rest, it is estimated to use one-fifth of a calorie.

2. 73% of the brain is filled with water. If it gets dehydrated by anything more than 2% of it, the person may suffer loss in attention, memory and cognitive skills.

3. The human brain is the fattiest organ in the body. It contains 60% fat out of its total weight of 3 pounds.

4. Did you know that of all the cholesterol present in the human body, 25% is available in the brain? And it is also vital for brains cells.

5. And the number of brains cells is close to 100 billion, according to some estimate.

6. If you starve your brain for oxygen for five minutes, the brain may get damaged.

7. Brain grows rapidly in babies. A two year old baby will have an 80% fully grown brain. Remember, this is the time you need to pay attention to your babies to help them develop good habits and behaviors.

8. As per an estimate, information in the brain moves at a speed of 260 miles per hour.

2 Likes

Why are you boot licking Blizzard so hard?
People pay for a product. They pay $15 a month for this game. They have a right to complain about something that makes their experience worse.
Hopefully the next SoM is good so these bootlicker folks will stop trolling the forums

4 Likes

The sad thing about this is I’m kind of in the same boat except I’m finding I enjoy playing on smaller server and not having my friends push me to be online all the time. If I want social time I don’t go play wow when I want no humans around me is when I play wow. NO pressure to level faster no people killing my mobs no getting ganked over and over. Just enjoy the solitude and xfer back when dragonfight comes out.

2 Likes

different strokes for different folks but they realy screwed the pooch with the server locks and separating friends fromf reinds and separating r1 players from r1 players. most proposed solutions also would not negatively affect you in your solo questing

3 Likes

This is one of blizzards primary business models. Milking paid transfers by killing servers, or offering free xfers than pay to go back to a playable server

4 Likes

what can we do about it flashyou? im stuck on a dead server and i cant even pay to get off. games are r1 + 1500 + 1000 and i can barely get to 1800

1 Like

really really weird puppetry

Well I haven’t logged in in a few days at this point. Don’t think I’ll resub unless blizz unlocks Mankrik.

Why are you such a rude ahole? It’s a legitimate complaint. I wish people like you would just go back to CoD with the rest of the trash toxic people.

This person wants transfers opened on servers they can create new characters on. Dismissing that BB is suffering from a lack of players just shows what an awful person you are.

Minor correction: you can make new characters on Mankrik. You just can’t transfer in.

As a Mankrik player, I’m fine with them unlocking the server as long as the monitor how many people come in and lock it again if things get too crazy.

OP, you made a bad choice. Sorry. But this is what server management looks like. Especially after they’ve been neglecting it for three years prior to this point. It’s going to suck for some people, but hopefully it’s better for the majority.

1 Like

This is what bad server management looks like. I should’ve expected this given Blizzard being notorious for acting way too late. They locked servers down way too late and will clearly unlock them way too late as well.

2 Likes

I agree. As I said, they neglected the issue for way too long. So trying to fix it after the fact is going to cause some pain.

1 Like

These server locks were supposed to help maintain healthy server populations given the massive influx of players for prepatch/launch and the eventual dropoff of the population that always happens 1 month + afterwards. They’ve already addressed the first part by locking down servers which alleviated queues and forced people to branch off their mega servers to other servers. Now the problem is that the player dropoff has happened and queues haven’t occurred in weeks, yet the servers remain locked.

My point is that this isn’t “pain” caused from blizzard trying to fix this issue after the fact. It’s pain caused by blizzard putting up a solution and failing to adjust the solution as needed when the situation has changed

1 Like

Actually, the servers were locked after the population balance across servers was completely ****ed. They weren’t for maintaining healthy populations, but a desperate attempt to regain them.

Go back and read the blue post about the server locks. They also mentioned wanting to phase out mega realms entirely.

In the last paragraph he says “we believe the time has come to end the concept of a mega-realm”. So the locks aren’t just about the queues. They want to spread the population of the game more evenly. Personally, I don’t know that this is the best way to do this, but it’s what happens when you’re trying to play catch up.