Stuck in Veiled Ossuary

I have two characters stuck in Veiled Ossuary. Just as soon as the game loads and I can see the surroundings the game freezes and crashes within 5-10 seconds. Hearthing isn’t fast enough and I can’t activate the mount fast enough and get out.

I have reinstalled the game
I have done a full UI reset on the new install
I have used the stuck character service but it places me in the Veiled
Ossuary graveyard…and the game crashes upon loading.

I cannot leave the zone and it is quite frustrating.

All other characters on the account are fine. No issues with any of them. Only these two which are in Veiled Ossuary and can go nowhere.

And to add insult to injury every time I have attempted to create a ticket the “spinning wheel” on the create ticket button just sits there and stares at me and doesn’t create a ticket.

Give a try to the self-service Character Stuck tool. If that doesn’t do the trick, put in a ticket and a GM can move you manually.

Character Stuck link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/wf/wow/586/834/submitted

Ticket link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

2 Likes

As I mentioned in the post, I have already tried the stuck tool. It moves me to the same zone graveyard which does not good.
I have also attempted to create a ticket and the ticket never gets created. The spinning “activity” wheel just keeps on spinning on the submit button. Nothing happens. I have even looked at my tickets to see if maybe it was getting created and not updating the page…nope, no tickets.

So, I appreciate your inputs, but not really “solved”.

Well, Leilleath’s links is only means to get a GM to move your toon. The blues isn’t an alt way to the ticketing system, and even the stuck system offers to make a ticket if it failed. There isn’t any other means to get this done for you.

2 Likes

This doesn’t sound right.

The stuck service generally moves you just outside your faction’s main city, Orgrimmar or Stormwind.

3 Likes

Have you tried a different browser, Babaroga? The second link Leilleath provides should allow a Game Master to move your character to a safe location.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, suggestions and patience.

1. @Leilleath and Zenjy and Vrakthris
    I was able to use that second link successfully and open a ticket. Thank you.

2. @Ekon
    Yes, the self service tool moved me to the graveyard near the flight master within Veiled Ossuary. So that tool was no help for this issue. Perhaps the GM directed move will do what you said…hopefully.

Thank you again for the support and suggestions.

5 Likes

Whoa, I was going to start my own ticket but then found this… Did they have a fix for the crash itself (not the getting your character out)?

I too get stuck in the Veiled Ossuary, guaranteed hard crash out within a minute of logging-in and appearing there. I can get my character out by hearthstone, and the game remains stable once I’m elsewhere. If I come back to the Ossuary to help Senegos, crash to the desktop.

Are you on a Mac by any chance? I’m running the Mac Arm client on an M2. Maybe unrelated but coincidental timing at the least, I can find a macOS log indicating a core process crash that’s used to clean drive space [perhaps while swapping textures and caching?].

The OP/person who is marked with the solution has not logged into the forum on that character since they posted that reply, so you may not receive a response to your question.

A good point - took a long shot they might get notified and have heard of a solution (forums are faster than support tickets!). Thank you!

1 Like