Struggling in Mythic + this week with DISC

Anyone having problems healing with discipline this week? Last week felt amazing after the patch. I started pushing keys up to and including 20 after the buffs. This week I literally had to go back to holy. the amount of ground effects between the dungeon effects , quaking , thundering and add in spiteful ghosts made it where I’m getting interrupted way to frequently to get ramps of healing going. I noticed on mplussubcreation we went from A tier to bottom of C tier so this issue seems to be more widespread then just my abilities. I think this is the first time I have felt the spec is almost unplayable. I’m sure there is ways to get around it but I think its just more work and easier to just change specs. Anyone else struggling? I remember in this past that these affixes were considered easy weeks.

I only got to do a couple 16ish keys with a friend because I’m gonna be busy till friday, but so far no and plan to push 20s on my tyrranical keys this week. I’ve been playing Disc through quaking for a long time though. Honestly I don’t think Disc is any less mobile than holy in M+, and we have dual spellschool and instant cast atonement application so the occasional quaking interrupt is actually better than on holy. Really what changed this week is a couple of the more heavily packed dungeons got harder. Court of Stars in particular is much more difficult this week to not butt pull something - but it still doesn’t seem that hard. Granted, I think quaking+thundering is annoying on literally every caster.

Also recommend pathing through dominate or void tendrils this week in priest talents. Both are useful against spiteful.

1 Like

Haven’t tried healing Mythic+ this week - usually do M+ on Fridays and Sundays.

Based on the affixes, I wasn’t too concerned. Last week, Dark Disc build was absolutely slapping for me. Felt like I had cheat codes on (compared to how we were pre-buff).

I checked you out on RaiderIO though… if you’re struggling, now I am worried.

"pro"tip for spiteful: you can dominate mind the one targetting you to ignore it

I might not have given it a good enough shot. I’ve been watching some twitch and some of the pros seems to be running ok. The dungeon I was testing was RLP and it was the ground effects causing me to move constantly that seemed to be the problem. I do believe there is some truth to it just based on where its ranked in mythic + compared to last week but ill run some more and see what’s up.

Disc is always going to be bottom tier in M+ until they decide to buff bubble disc and Divine Aegis.

Just stay with Holy or be easy on yourself and team and go Prevoker.

This week is just pure chaos with spitefuls and quaking. Also, a good tip is that you can dominate mind the spitefuls. Besides those two annoyances its actually an easy week for pushing.

If I get any spitefuls on me I just dominate mind it and only have to worry about quakings.

actually with the recent buffs disc can sustain alot of healing and dps. making us alot better in M+ putting us on par with holy priest and pally.

Still not on par with prevoker. There is just not enough burst. And what little burst there is comes via a rube goldberg style of healing. I only have to use one button to get insane healing as Evoker. And there is a reason why it will be meta for a long time in M+

nothings on par with prevoker. bringing bubble disc isnt going to match its burst either your claim was its bottom tier, i contest that statement as im doing 20’s with guildmates. usually maintaing 20-23k dps. and can match the hps required of boss’s.

Prevoker is the best healer for M+ because it has the most throughput and tools in the toolbox. Full stop. If they decided to buff DA to 20% it would be on par.

Prevoker’s mastery is also way better designed than Disc.

not even close but enjoy your delusion.

Oh thanks for giving me ups on bringing back the original 30%.

Disc is literally clearing the highest keys right now. They’re in the top 10 key clears.

At this point you really can’t say they’re trash in M+ anymore, lol.

I know it’s like your thing to beg for DA and PW:S buffs, but it turns out the spec is a lot better when the atonement aspects are actually good enough in M+ to play. Disc priests are doing very well.

2 Likes

that was the whole premise of my argument but the individual really cant let bubble disc go for some reason

I don’t think so, raider.io begs to differ.

Also, Disc still wasting GCDs just to unlock being able to heal group, it hasn’t been a good feel ever since its inception.

Dream breath, one button, boom I get big initial heal and a decent HoT.

One GCD.

You linked to the main page of the site that you could have just clicked the mythic+ button, gone to all run leaderboards and found a disc at rank 7.

I’m not really understanding the point. Disc’s representation in keys has increased a lot since the buffs and will likely exceed Holy in a couple of weeks. What healer you play won’t carry you through a +20. Also, Resto Druids are getting hard nerfs in 10.0.7 which will cause their representation to drop as well.

Also, this is a really easy push week compared to the week before and what’s coming next.

Bro you are literally coping

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

there’s a disc in #5 but ya know.