Stress Test Details – June 19

When i attempt to log in to Classic WoW, i get the accounts of WoW 1 and WoW 2. Does this mean i will be in the beta?

D= Dang it! I wish I’d heard of this, RP-PvP would have had my vote, as well.

No - it’s only showing you additional accounts that belong to your battle.net account in their own dedicated dropdown now. For more information there’s also my other thread

Client builds are different. That said, I copied the Beta folder, renamed it to_classic_ and then did the install, only had to download about 26 megs of new stuff.

It automatically does this without renaming or moving files, I had the classic client from prior stress tests, it did an extremely small installation of the new client. It should automatically detect the existence of the other client and build off it.

Please at least read and understand the OP of this thread before you continue with your posting about the subject:

Or better yet just skip to this graph:
https://external-preview.redd.it/Crjf-0jdaT70Z2QmAoen6WbnA8rWXRbTXQ1qrADOmB0.png?auto=webp&s=0972ff8125a32ab7fd187f1c2be009d3c103aaf7

1 Like

Come now, as much as I want an RP-PvP server at launch, let’s not be disingenuous. The poll you’re talking about was not an official poll conducted by Blizzard like Alexes is talking about, it was a reddit poll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/9yt514/world_of_warcraft_classic_census_and_demographics/

Well, you’re going to need to move some files around as their location/path would change because it’s not going to be the same realm names.

But beyond that, the data files created with your config settings should be able to transfer across. For that matter, many of your settings from retail can transfer across if you’re clever.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying but why would they bother taking the time to set up 1 RP server, 5 PvP servers and 4 normal servers if they had no intention of monitoring their popularity. If it didn’t matter, wouldn’t they just have 10 normal realms?

1 Like

I do appreciate the link, but it doesn’t change my prior statements that using a stress test for a popularity test would not benefit the efforts of getting an RP-PvP server. This one is being intended to test different configurations of layering and/or sharding. As aforementioned, I hope more is done and communicated by Blizzard in regards to RP-PvP. Thank you.

It could be random, for all we know, and it could be gauging popularity. I’m not saying it isn’t. My statements are I don’t see them doing this to gauge popularity for RP-PvP servers. If they are judging popularity, then yes, RP-PvP should be on the stress test list. I agree with the movement, I’m just skeptical that that is their intention nor that it’d actually work in RP-PvP’s favor.

While I disagree with their assessment, Blizzard thinks that an RP-PVP server will be a dead realm soon after. If they were right, there would be something to lose.

I just don’t see any reason to set up specific realm types for any other reason than to gauge popularity. There’s literally no other reason as to why they’d go out of their way to include an RP realm in a stress test.

It was a poll of well over 18k respondents in a neutral (but arguably pro-classic) pool of people. That poll was linked to from a variety of websites. How much more helpful would a blizzard run poll be? Would you include the millions who play BFA (not all of them) who loathe the very idea of classic? Would they include people who are not currently subscribed? If anything, saying that a blizzard run poll would be more informative is the disingenuous opinion.

Is “World of Warcraft Classic Live” going to be the primary Live Client moving forward?

There is, actually. It allows people to make a character on both factions on one server without having to hop around. I feel like they put the RP one there to avoid complaints in that regard, whereas the other options are PvE to avoid world PvP / opposing faction attacks, and PvP to engage in such things.

It could be sent to all the people who don’t care about following forums.

Yes, and the first question could be “Are you interested in playing Classic?” and the second “Do you see yourself preferring Classic?” before any other questions.

1 Like

I mean, regardless, this is all blind speculation for at least a couple of days until we conclude stress testing and … with any luck… Blizzard tells us what the differences were and what the results are.

If you are skeptical of that intention, what do you believe WAS the intention? Why else have RP in there at all rather than simply 5 PVP and 5 PVE? Again, the original list had 21 “Normal” servers that were intentionally changed to a specific realm type breakdown.

I admit i plan on rolling pvp during the test just to have fun and see if i can find some world pvp. Its beta so nothing matters.

That said, i plan to roll pve for launch atm. So using me as a metric would give false results