Streaming world of warcraft twitch issue with reporting

I’d like to actually create a constructive thread here about people reporting people for posting their twitch links in with group finder, as a way for interaction/helping those who are unable to really find a way to get that first step in for getting into game content; NEW FLASH it’s hard and very gate kept, even 2’s people are nitpicking and gatekeeping everything.

in game code of conduct

above is a link to the in game code of conduct.

please review and tell me below if there is ANYTHING that is missing, as there have been quite a lot of twitch streamers getting reporting for inappropriate communication/etc when in fact they love playing the game and love helping people/love doing keys and just streaming so that way people can watch.

nothing in the code of conduct is against streaming the game, therefore they are in fact following the code of conduct and the people reporting are just big dummies who are against having fun in the game they pay for.

it’s not hurting you. you don’t HAVE to sign up. you don’t HAVE to watch.

This has been talked about many times, and each time a FSA has said that yes, it is against the rules.

9 Likes

They are not helping the community, they do carries to advertise their channel and get you to watch them. What is more, in most cases they will ask you to sub lmao.

3 Likes

I’m not doubting Vrak’s take on it, but they are talking specifically about Trade Chat.

Not group finder. I believe you are allowed to put your twitch in the group finder as long as it is in the description rather than as part of the name. I believe at least.

At the tail-end of SL I joined a rated BG group and it stemmed from me talking with them specifically about this as well. And I believe it is classified separately for LFG as long as it is in the description.

You wouldn’t happen to know if there’s a blue post on that, would you?
Specifically since the phrasing Vrak is using is quite important as he’s only referring directly to trade chat, and he also said “generally speaking” (as a community rep/customer support they have to be quite specific). So on some level it is allowed, but not necessarily in trade chat and probably still not to the degree folks were talking about in the thread.

With the (sort of) greatest possible respect… streamers are part of the community. And a lot of people find content creators to be a more productive place to engage with the WoW community than on places like these forums, Reddit, or other social media sites. Largely because said content creators actually moderate people and get rid of toxic folks.

Care to elaborate

No. It has been said time and time again: You cannot use ANY text or creation feature to advertise your twitch.

If you were to write out your twitch channel using the gunpowder we use in the opening to Draenor? Same thing. You are not allowed to advert in any way.

1 Like

you sure? i watch and play with dozens of wow streamers and not one of them requires or requests a sub or any other compensation.

3 Likes

Can you link me something that indicates that?
I’m asking since again, I have heard differently. And the thread you linked to specifically talks about trade chat, not the group finder.

I’m not saying you are wrong, just that I have heard differently. And I have never ever heard of a blanket ban like that ever having existed in WoW.

Talking about specifically those that advertise their key with the title “I’ll carry your key” then in the comment section they will add “join my twitch channel yada yada”

“Stay tune, I’ll be running more keys yada yada”

you could join and yknow./ watch and support your community, and maybe join in for a key or two to actually understand.

Sure but do not use the group finder to advertise it. It’s quite obnoxious

3 Likes

I do report them for Spam whenever I see them in the group finder advertising their channel, yes.

3 Likes

100% the problem. don’t use group or party finder if thats the only reason you use it. yo’re not being supportive of your community and wow streamers make up quite a big % of that

A elitist on top of that

All it sounds like you are referring to is someone asking folks to follow their channel. Not subscribe. Subscribing is a very specific thing on Twitch, merely “join my stream” has no implication of subscribing to a stream.

Things aren’t disallowed simply because it is “obnoxious” to some people. If that were the basis then… “I find you obnoxious, please get banned” would be just as much of a fair argument to make.

The reason why the services channel became a thing was because of the spam of it. Not because folks found it obnoxious (although for those who did find it obnoxious, it had that as a side-benefit as well).

2 Likes

all of this.

i understand the rules and warn all new streamers not to list their twitch channel names in their LFG listings, but the “gift 5 subs = free +20 key carry” thing has not been happening for a long while.

Who is talking about the Trade Chat? They are referring to the group finder, right?

Ah please…

That is just a dumb advise. The group finder is there to find a group, not to advertise your channel. Period.

2 Likes

Is it ok to advertise that the raid/dungeon is being led by a ilvl 580 twitch streamer without putting the channel in the description?

and we use our twitch stream to help people find groups. don’t inhibit that simply because you don’t like it

You’re not allowed to advertise in group finder.

3 Likes