Streamers aren't worth listening to

“Oh look, all the streamers are quitting WoW!”

Why do you people even care? They’re not your friends. Nothing they choose to say or do should mean anything to you.

In fact, why even watch streams at all? It’s not like you’re going to get much better by watching someone else play than if you had read a guide.

88 Likes

There’s good ones out there. Hirumaredex, Hazelnutty, even Taliesin & Evitel aren’t too bad.

20 Likes

You’re right, random guy on the forum, streamers aren’t worth listening to. But wait… neither are random guys on the forum… so… oh no! It’s a paradox!

163 Likes

Streamers are like those late night sales shows. Not even entertainment.
However Bellular and Asmongold are also as useless, and people praises them.

And I wonder what is the difference between a random person in a forum, a random person in a stream, or a random person in a YouTube video …

12 Likes

Fun fact…some have wow issues and leave and they don’t watch them. Just saying.

Mya need to look at what they are ranting on to see potential smoke signals there. Many find the same thing they did…not even watching them.

I of late only saw asmon because…a top hit for new world. tried some others, kind of saw why they were in the 5 k hit club lol. I mean one dude did have nice archer build. But it was so min maxed it could only do one thing. I prefer my chars more flexible.

2 Likes

thought Taliesin & Evitel were ok at the start, i think they try to hard now, mostly Taliesin.

he also had soem hot takes that i didnt like and made him seem like a “im the smartest person in the room and if anyone dosnt agree with me then there wrong, bad and toxic”

id take somone like hazelnuttygame over them

14 Likes

Who is worth listening to then?

2 Likes

once upon a time…

26 Likes

100% wow likers.

Whihc is hard to find since it mean they only ever played wow and know nothing of any other game…ever.

Or they are bought out. Why I avoid some ea heavy streamers since their souls were sold to ea long ago. I mean I can’t judge too harshly. I know ea money is good money. Bills don’t pay themselves. I jsut won’t be the +1 hit to it.

I needed a good laugh today

48 Likes

This is a perfect reason for me to not listen to someone like that lmao

3 Likes

Taliesin seems like someone who says absolutely everything they think until something makes sense.

Most of the guide writers are streamers…

16 Likes

Streamer’s opinions should have no more weight than anyone else’s.

As for why do people watch them? Why do people watch sports? Or anything else for that matter.

Because they are entertained by it.

13 Likes

Because it’s a canary in the coal mine when someone whose IRL livelihood and survival depends on playing video games plays less or outright quits a video game.

28 Likes

This current generation seems all about getting validation out of someone with a platform that has followers rather than substance. There could be one person anonymously in the corner of the internet bringing all kinds of wisdom and substance that will be ignored/tuned out if they don’t have status but some fool like Jake Paul/The Kardashians or similar will capture and engage all these people with no substance and they even make them rich and richer and somehow get validation from that.

If you weren’t born in this social media age it’s definitely a strange new world.

7 Likes

I’ve actually become somewhat of a… fan…?? I guess…?? of Asmongold. He has grown on me. It was a very gradual and slow process coming to like/respect him, but yeah, he has mostly won me over at this point.

8 Likes

He is like any steamer.

He is not always 100% right. But…when he is right, he is right.

Like me if I were to claim fanboy status with 1 dude, it be Jim Sterling. and even with him I will sometimes go this time…he is wrong, imo.

4 Likes

Yeah, totally get you.

1 Like

The problem being that some streamers and content creators are genuine, while some clearly are only interested in monetary gain.