Streamers aren't worth listening to

I’m not a fan but at least Asmongold brings some substance in taking unpopular stances on things and causing people to think a little bit/same with that Hasan guy or Sodapoppin where they at least get people to think at times by going against the tide. I wouldn’t go as far to say their content is full of substance or anything but at least there’s something there that might make you think. I saw Asmongold once basically telling his audience that he was a con artist and fans of streamers were idiots if they simply believed everything streamers say and thinking they were their friends and give them money while they just kept giving him money.

2 Likes

Most people with Add/Adhd gain a lot more by watching a video or learning hands-on than reading words on paper. A lot of the people that write the guides stream. You put all streamers in the same box. Here’s a hint. Asmon is popular because of his personality, not because people are looking to improve by watching him grind mounts. There are a lot of Wow streamers (pretty much all Mdi and world first raiders) that you can gain a lot from by watching. I could read a guide written by Grom. And then I can watch him in real time do +27 keys and see how he puts the guide in practice. Stop being bitter that people that play the game find success from the game we all play.

3 Likes

Hey now! Don’t be so mean. Streamers need your support and donations so they continue to get paid to play a game and run their necks. Damn be all if they actually had to work a real job and earn a living.

4 Likes

Honestly I just find that they’re farming outrage and negativity.

Hazel and art creators are the main people I respect tbh. They just do their thing and aren’t trying to manipulate how you feel.

5 Likes

That leak from Twitch shows Asmongold made over $2.5 million in two years - and that’s just from Twitch.

I may not be a fan myself, but that sure sounds like a real job to me.

9 Likes

Considering he only has to worry about bans and not a layoff from a season job or other layoff reasons, and its really him being his own boss in a way. That goes for most of these big name streamers too

If he puts half of what he earns in savings or investing by the time he decides to “retire” he might be as rich as Bill Gates (probably not though but maybe close)

He may have made a ton of money. I don’t doubt he or others profit greatly off of it. I just don’t have any respect for any of those money generating type of media. It’s not something essential to the economy or life in general. If the power turned off tomorrow, what use would these people actually be for the survival of society.

1 Like

Well, that’s like your opinion, man.

3 Likes

I think for most streamers it starts as a hobby, but I wont argue you make valid points however when a streamer’s equipment breaks and needs replacing like a new Camera or Mic or whatever it may be, they go out and purchase said replacement. Which creates a cycle of sorts. So in a way it does help the economy as some streams stream making art or music, etc.

I got my own stream but I been offline for a few months as I work for a living so streaming is more of just a hobby on my free time

Gee, OP, you’re three months late. The ones who have left are gone, because they and their audiences are no longer interested in WoW.

So why are you here, shouting randomly into the wind and waving a placard that no one is reading?

Which streamers exactly did you watch that gave you the opinion that none of them are worth listening to? Did the email telling you to post this give you even that information?

4 Likes

Oh look. All the forum posters are posting on wow.
Why? You aren’t my friend.
You don’t care about me.
Whats the point of even doing it?
It’s not like coming on here and complaining will fix whatever you’re crying about.

See how stupid that sounds now?

Let people like what they like.
It doesn’t affect you.

3 Likes

Being entertaining and engaging for X hours a day, Y hours per week is a real skill.

If it were easy enough that anyone could do it, the average twitch streamer wouldn’t have like two views.

I mean, Asmongold is making bank, but people really, really, really don’t understand the wealth gap between millionaires and billionaires.

If the leak numbers are correct (Asmongold disputes them, plus they only count Twitch payouts, not stuff like donations or sponsors), he’s earning about 1.25 million a year.

Assuming he maintained that level of popularity (and also figured out the secret to immortality) it would take him 800 years to earn one billion dollars.

Bill Gates is worth 130.5B, so assuming his net worth stayed the same (and also figured out the secret to immortality), it would take 104,400 years for Asmongold to earn 130.5 billion dollars. Or approximately about 21x the length of recorded human history.

10 Likes

I’m sure it’s the streamers’ fault that wow is tanking. Not anything to do with unpopular changes the devs made that they knew players would hate.

8 Likes

Hey, say what you will about that streamer who’s on every night doing ASMR or whatever it is but one thing you can’t say is she doesn’t work hard. I sometimes check in on that stream to get a laugh at how hard she works at doing something I find so silly. In terms of effort that girl puts in the effort. I’d try to find her pretending to be a pigeon but I’m ironically too lazy at the moment.

1 Like

Most things aren’t.

But capitalism has never rewarded someone purely on how much they contribute to society. One Bobby K is worth literally thousands of doctors according to capitalism.

11 Likes

Don’t act like other jobs are more useful in that situation. A CEO is just as useless in a societal collapse.

I envy streams tbh. I would love to get paid for playing games I’m already playing. I don’t really get the streamer hate on the forums.

8 Likes

The irony of arguing about the survival of life and how only essential jobs mean anything when you have 1700+ posts on an mmo general forum lmao

6 Likes

kids nowadays aspire to be streamers, times have changed, to think thats actually a career, smh

one of my nephews said thats what he wanted to be when he grows up, i just said ok, thats cool, but meh, is it?

He may not I know that already however saving and investing will also help him long after he has retired I do not think Asmongold is going to be streaming past 70/80 lol.

WATCH? No. Have playing in the background while I play? Yes :smiley: However I don’t do that anymore since everyone wants to have an opinion on stuff like I care what they think.
Only wow community videos I watch now are “How to make 600 billion gold an hour” videos because they make a difference in my play experience.