Streamers are currently justifying exploit

The thing is his position is a public figure/influencer so what he is influencing matters, even if not directly for a specific event.

I think you could maybe make a case that his role and responsibilities and relationship to blizzard is ill-defined because it’s the nature of large corporations (via their labor-exploiting tendencies) to leave people hanging in a state somewhere between fan and employee because it absolves them of liability (and the need to pay them).

But still dude, there’s such a thing as common sense. Should i stream myself performing this easily reproducible exploit that generates free items? yes/no? :thinking:

That’s a very very extreme example though… that really doesn’t apply here. There is nothing that he could do in an online game that is comparable, legally or morally, to actual rape.

I agree he shouldn’t have done it. And I’m not saying he should just get away with it scott free. Hell even make an example of him like what they did with Reckful, I am not in any way trying to say he doesn’t deserve punishment. Maybe he should even get in trouble with twitch. That is really the platform that let him spread this thing, not his job as a caster for Blizzard. Put his stream on a few month ban or something sure.

I just think that extending that punishment into firing him from his job as an e-sports caster would be on the extreme side.

1. Experience Exploit: Allowed the big streamers to get to 60 before everyone else, then promptly shut down once that occured.

2. Layering Exploits: Allowing massive farming of mats and other unique cooldowns, to get the items they needed for raids. (Recently nerfed once that occured)

3. Repeat Instance Exploit: Allowed the players who exploited the EXP exploit to farm Repeat instances to get all their BiS before everyone else, then promptly (fixed) after that occured.

All these things, now being shutdown for everyone but the initial exploiters to benefit from, puts them way ahead of the pack. Legitimate players stand absolutely no chance when PVP starts up.

5 Likes

Where do I start throwing?

Actually it isn’t extreme at all. Preach lost his rights to that trip when he got suspended.

You don’t have someone in that kind of promo position that doesn’t portray an image you want to present as a company. How Lore kept his job I don’t know but what this guy did is probably worse (if in fact he did stream an exploit).

If phase 2 doesn’t start for another 2 months at least, anyone above lvl 40 has a reasonable chance of catching up IMO. Anyone that isn’t would honestly never of stood a chance VS the 15hr/day crew regardless of circumstance.

Phase 1 is going to feel very skewered regardless of what happens at this point. Too much damage has been done, and I seriously doubt the majority hitting 60 via raid EXP will have also abused in-dungeon resets and gotten themselves flagged for a ban.

… which you have taken out of its context. I’ll counter with another quotation from that same notable individual: “Do not judge according to [superficial] appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

As long as those who are calling for conscious exploiters to be punished aren’t hypocrites who are secretly doing the very same exploits, they are in the right for calling Blizzard to punish the flagrant cheaters.

Because in real life my best friend has Alzheimer’s. This is a game and I play it to have fun and forget my real life woes. The least of my worries is some one else exploiting the game that Blizzard will take care of sooner or later.

Well… Money Talks. Both of them making some.

Not really, 2 months is 8 raid lockouts. 8 raid lockouts for 40 people vying for gear. Maybe everyone can get 1 or two items, if the main tanks and healers go without top priority.