Stratholme Mega Dungeon for M+?

Then cancel Classic/Remix et al.

That’s entirely unrelated :joy:

In your brain they are. In reality they aren’t.

Correct, in my brain, and in reality, the retail m+ dungeon pool is entirely unrelated to MoP Remix and the ‘Classic’ servers.

What a ridiculous take to suggest these are related :joy:

Yeah I won’t talk about the things I would do to have this.

Same company different departments. Maybe your brain doesn’t work logic at a proficient level? This same company is adding Grim Batol to the M+ dungeon pool in TWW. They have been doing this for some time with 5 mans. Maybe check in on a topic that you understand better.

I think this about almost every post you make.

I mean they aren’t going to turn around and start making 12 or 16 dungeons per expac to keep things fresh from season to season if they stop revamping old ones.

It’s objectively less work to tune an old dungeon than it is to make a new one.

Yes, but not for classic dungeons. There’s a reason for that.

What I’m suggesting is that, in order for blizzard to actually add classic era dungeons into the pool, they’d have to modify them so much that they wouldn’t even really be the same dungeon.

You’re not going to get a classic experience simply because you’ve walked into a zone that tells you you’re in dire maul.

You’re going to get a heavily modified version. I don’t see any benefit there. It wouldn’t tug on my nostalgia strings by any means.

yawns

Heavily modified dire maul would be better than anything they’ve put out in two or three expansions. :man_shrugging:

And, like I said, the time they spend on revamps might grant you one more dungeon in an expansion, if you’re lucky.

I’d say every single mega dungeon introduced since Legion is miles ahead in quality of dire maul

Throne of Tides felt about the same. Vortex Pinnacle felt about the same. Iron Docks, Grimrail Depot etc. This comment you just made is ridiculous. In fact, often times Blizzard improves these dungeons.

You seem pretty clueless about the reworking of these dungeons tbh.

Not looking for that.

Not looking for that.

Go to sleep.

When they introduce classic dungeons and make them better, I’ll happily come right back here and admit as much.

Until then, I don’t see it happening :smiley:

DoTI is a boring RP fest man. It’s nothing but bronze swirls on bronze floors and a lot of Chromie squawking. It’s terrible lol.

1 Like

BFA had the best 5 mans, but SL and DF are major losers in this department. Legion wasn’t so hot either.

It was embarrassingly bad imo. Don’t know anyone that liked it.

1 Like

I mean that’s so untrue it’s just disingenuous

And Uldaman? How close was that to the original?

No, it’s dead on.

1 Like

They weren’t really trying to recreate Uldaman, though.

We revisited that dungeon under different circumstances.

Already covered.

Stratholme has tons of potential for a mega dungeon. Cities do in general.

Imagine how easy of a goldmine it would be to write for that. Put some expansive network of catacombs beneath the city built, start a new faction of necromancers doing things, Midnight is around the corner so you could put void happenings in there, list goes on.

I’m just a fan of Mega dungeons. I still have loads of nostalgia for the older dungeons of vanilla. Blackrock Depths is a memory I’ve got burned into my mind.

1 Like