Stratholme Mega Dungeon for M+?

Guess not. Try doing them on classic maybe.

That’s a 20 year old dungeon.
Stratholme needs to be cleared and rebuilt as a new hub.
No more rehashing very old dungeons like that.

I have. Most of them suck.

Without redesigning mechanics from the ground floor, no classic era dungeon is going to be difficult enough for m+

Let’s agree to disagree then.
I like them much more than the rush fest of the non-Vanilla ones.

Exactly this.

They can use Stratholme or BRD or whatever as locations if they want, but to be a reasonable fit for M+ they would need to effectively give the dungeons Scholomance / Deadmines style overhauls first. And then you lose the nostalgia factor that you’re probably actually wanting from making these dungeons relevant.

I covered this in the OP.

Again, it is in the OP.

Blackrock Depths, full clear

stratholme or the old sunken temple would be epic
edit if old sunken temple have the mobs in the totem area respawn fast after you click on the totem they stop spawning lol

Interestingly, I wonder if you could make the ICC 3 a mega-dungeon, if we’re revisiting Northrend in the upcoming world soul saga.

This expansion’s mega-dungeon was connected via portals, similar to those in the ICC 3.

1 Like

Well, it’s a fundamental problem.

If bringing classic dungeons into the m+ pool is going to require a fundamental redesign of all mechanics, it’s generally not going to be worth it.

They can invest that same design time into new stuff we haven’t even seen before

and 9/10 times it flops as a worst dungeon ever
i rather have old classic dungeons brought back from the dead and turned into a mega on look at old scholomance that would work out well

1 Like

Vanilla dungeons will always be the best ones ever in any MMO. I know most took a lot of time to do but sooo much fun. I remember doing a full BRD run with a pug and it took over 4hrs to finish. And that was with maybe a couple of wipes. If even that. Just was a huuuuge place. I just wish I had that kind of time again lol.

i agree the old classic ones were better i remember doing the onixa quest as a alliance and that was a nightmare in it self

Lmao this is so wrong for so many reasons it’s more comical than anything

how is it wrong? i remember 2-3 in sl was bad and we have 1-3 in dragon flight was hated
and a few in bfa was hated also

M+ Mana Tombs

My issue with Stratholme is that it doesn’t currently have any good reason to be made into a megadungeon. Writers can write whatever they want, but in the present setting it would feel out of place. Maybe in Midnight, where we will be spending some time up in the northeast of the map, it could make sense.

What I would REALLY like to see, is something like a Blackrock Mountain megadungeon. Preferably a complete reimagining of my favorite dungeon of all time, Blackrock Depths (although the Depths connect to LBRS/UBRS and Molten Core/ Blackwing Lair/ Blackwing Descent as well). At the very least, these dungeons and raids are all either below ground level or, if above ground level, still encased inside a mountain. I feel this fits better with the theme of TWW. Of course, we’re getting whatever we’re getting at this point, and Blizz isn’t going to start working on a TWW megadungeon that they haven’t already had planned for a few years.

It isn’t. They rebuilt many Cata era dungeons already. This is a non-issue.

Committing design time to prop up old dungeons instead of just focusing on new content is an issue, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Blizzard doesn’t need to waste design and tuning time on your nostalgia. There are better uses of their time than that.