Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza broken.

still broken 04/01/18, unless it's an April Fool's joke that pissed off the entire server.
i was at 37 fish and at 15 after it glitched.
Just tried it on my Druid, samething as everyone else, ended at 15 min. mark without announcing a winner, and took all my fish before I could hand them in to the vendor asking for 5 fish at a time.
Seeing as there was only about 30 people there in total I find it hard to believe 50 people got 40 fish
I completed it around a month ago. It is definately broken. I lost the WQ for about 10-15 min i think, while I flew out of the zone. reloaded UI, logged out and in. hearthed, asked people in zone if anyone else had a problem (got no answers at all) and in general stressed. Then ... I don't know after more than 15 min the WQ came back, I still had my progress (I was over 30 fish in) and I caught the last few, Hearthed to BB and turned in the quest, got title, got reward all was good...

I say it is still very much broken. I worked for me in the end, but the middle part was pretty stressful.
Just did it, same thing said before. Got to like 35 when a "winner" was announce at 2:15. Ended up trying everything, going from Duskwood to Stranglethorn, relogging, changing characters, exiting game. At about 3:00, I changed zones again and event stuck this time and was able to finish.
Just tried the tournament today on Moon Guard. NPC's Spawned for the tournament and it never triggered to start. I tried many of the same "quick fixes" as listed above, to no avail. I even monitored the NPC's for the two hour duration of the tournament and I couldn't get anything to happen. I agree that this is a shame, especially with how the game has made everything "easy access" with zoning and group forming. I don't have Sunday's off work often. Hopefully a ticket and bug report will help, but It seems like this issue has been going on for quite some time now. I've been trying to get this ring on and off for years =(
I was just about to make a post about this.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/279825723

Here is a video showing the various bugs for the Tournament.

Looting bug, and WQ disappearing.

EDIT: I did the video around 4:30 pm server time (Illidan). It's now 6:01 pm server time, and I can still get the WQ and it still disappears right after. I also have the loot bug with the tastyfish.

EDIT 2: It's now 6:26 server time and I finally no longer get the WQ that disappears immediately when switching between Westfall and NSTV. I guess the 50 people finally got hit.
So I had a hypothesis that didn't pan out. I assumed that the bug of the WQ dropping was due to being on the quest when someone wins on your server that causes the bug.

So today I waited until about 40 minutes after the start of the tournament, and it still bugs out. So I can continuously switch zones to Westfall and back to Northern Stranglethorn Vale to reset the quest into my quest log, but it will remove itself after about ~7 seconds. This also includes the looting bug of the Tastyfish. I can repeat this dropping and adding of the WQ by switching zones for a while (roughly ~2.5 hours after the start according to my testing last week).
Came here to share my own frustrations, tried it last week and it ended 15 mins on the dot with 3 yells by the NPC saying the contest was over. It didn't mention any winners just that it was over. Fish disappear from my inventory, and the WQ disappears.

Also not sure if normal or not, but during the event im occasionally fishing up oilies and firefins as well as kelp instead of tastyfish. I actually would have been able to turn in within the 15 minutes if it wasn't for the wrong fish being caught all while fishing within pools.

Tried again this week and same thing, ended at 15 mins, so then i thought something was up, and sure enough it looks to be. Glad they're working hard over there....
Yes Justice it just broke for me too...
I guess Blizz won't acknowledge this, they'll keep ignoring it like they have been for months. Sweet.

Only way to win is getting all 40 fish within 15 minutes, and considering you sometimes fish up other junk and not tasty fish its also down to RNG. Good deal.
Same thing happens to me for 5 weeks now. If you got 15 minutes then you are lucky we only had about 8 minutes. We have no fish in our bags, and I only see the end of the tourny being yelled 3 times. This week it yelled the tourny was over around 18 minutes into it. My fish disapeared from my bag and I went afk and while making a strong drink I heard him yell the tourny was over again. Blizzard this is for you to fix. We are paying customers, and demand you fix this issue with the fishing tourny.
Chiming in. I have every other achievement but the tournament done since 8/4/2010.

Did not get world quest until I zoned out of STV to Westfall, flew in and would get the tournament talking head + world quest tracker for about, oh, 2 seconds then it would poof.

Can fish in the pools, get sound/visual for having hooked a fish - loot it - but nothing goes into inventory or loot window.

Incredibly frustrated, considering I could have a 8 year old since the time of my last achievement in the meta, lol. Why has this not been fixed despite seeing issues about it listed since fall of LAST YEAR????
Just tried this week, but same results. I was hoping they would sneak in a bug fix with this latest expansion, but it seems nothing has changed.
ended at 15 min. mark without announcing a winner, and took all my fish before I could hand them in to the vendor asking for 5 fish at a time.

Are they ever going to fix this?
07/30/2017 03:24 PMPosted by Tygramyndris
I was told it was supposed to be the first 15, or maybe 50 people for your server cluster get the first place reward.

This might be where some confusion has come into play; direct from the Blizzard Q&A in 2016 they mention that it's the first 50 people per region, not shard/cluster.

We are bringing it back in the future. We're aiming for 7.1.5, but do not take it as a promise. The new technology broke it, sharding made it so there wasn't a singular STV so people couldn't win. It's going to be regionwide--all of North America, maybe the first 50 players who turn it in will get the prize.

As for the tourney not starting at all, it appears to be a bug on oceanic realms that blizzard has seen, and attempted to address, but failed. Hope this helps, happy fishing!
Tried today, no quest showing up.. No tastyfish able to be fished.

Tried clearing cache - restarted game
Tried removing addons - clearing cache - restarted game
Tried turning off warmode
Tried restarting computer

On Moon Guard

Is it just Moon Guard that is bugged?

same problems

Please fix this. Not being able to fish after there is a winner is stupid. Let me catch the rare fish like I should be able to. I’ve been waiting patiently. FIX IT

Just been through the same experience, at the end of March 2020 and it still isn’t fixed.

To summarize, we have an event that:

1. Only happens once per week
  2. Happens at an odd time of day for Oceanic players (Monday 8am server time).
  3. Is heavily favoured towards Highmountain Tauran Druids (thx racial + instant flight form).
  4. Rewards one of the few heirloom rings in the game.
  5. Bugs out and stops people completing it

Good job Blizzard, this really makes me want to continue subscribing!