Strange bug with bnet launcher game time

title.

anyways the last few days ive noticed a bit of a strange bug with the bnet launcher, where it shows your game time left for a given wow account if you cancel sub before it renews it shows an expiration date. In my case it seems to have shuffled numbers at least like 2 times now, some days ago it showed as 13 days left, then next day i logged on it showed 16, then some days passed it went down to 12, this was yesterday i log in today it now shows as 8 days left.

how did i somehow lose 4 days of game time overnight?

Certainly sounds like a display bug of some sort. If you’re ever not sure, you can see the specific date in the account section of the website here:

https://account.battle.net/games

1 Like

yeah its the first time ive noticed something like this, it shows it for both my wow accounts to, the numbers the same for each as i renewed the two like 6 minutes apart, but as i said in the above one i didnt notice it shuffling amount of time til about 16 or so days left, went 16 to 12 to 13 then back to 16, 4 days ago was 12 last night. turn pc on an today it shows at 8, both licenses are supposed to expire on the first according to mousing over it.

main acc oct 1st 1:05am, alt acc oct 1st 1:11am

It sounds like a bug with the display, Articskoll, which I’d recommend reporting in the Desktop App Bug Report forum if you haven’t already.

As for the time on the WoW licenses everything looks fine. It was applied on 9/6 and on both licenses and runs out on 10/6. Sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

okay thanks for checking into it vrak, il go repost over there on that forum then so the QA’s can check it out

2 Likes

I looked into this a little and it seems that we had an issue with the display that should have been resolved with the last update.

Articskoll, can you make sure your Battle.net App is updated. If you click on the Battle.net symbol in the upper left of the app and select > Settings. At the bottom left of that screen, you should see the version.

For non-beta it should be 2.5.0.13099. If that matches, definitely post a bug report. If you show something before that, make sure you update.

1 Like

im using the beta variant of the desktop launcher, i checked the settings version where you suggested, the one i have is 2.5.0.13100 (Beta)

1 Like

That should be version 2.5.0.1311. It’s what I use.

1 Like

going to test changing it to non beta and then back again, how do i update the beta one to the number build that youre using? or would have to be on hold til blizz releases one to players ?

attempting to change from beta to non beta seems that it downloads the non beta updated variant but it doesnt appear to actually change over to the non beta variant it stays in beta

It should do it automatically. Try closing the app out completely and restarting.

You can also try switching to the standard version and back again.

I cannot get beta to update either — even with switching back and forth between versions.

so i signed out of beta and logged back in its still in beta but the expiration date changed from oct 1st to october 5 with 13 days left up from 8 that it was previously at.

Sorry, apparently I have trouble with numbers today… the version is 2.5.0.13100. I blame shooting zombies in VR at lunch, it really can mess with your eyes when back in the real world.

(>.>)
(<.<)

7 Likes

Lol, no problem. I needed a fresh install anyways.

Hopefully you took down a lot of those undead beasties while you were at it.

1 Like

fresh install if previously using beta should revert it to standard no?

Correct. You will need to manually switch to beta version via the settings option once you have the new install done.

That is the step I am on at the moment.

1 Like

oof looks like my reinstall of bnet failed: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

Did you fully uninstall the launcher first or just do a reinstall over the existing installation?

I uninstalled mine first, then downloaded fresh from the website.

1 Like

fully removed it then once removed i downloaded the set up an ran it and caused the tag i posted previous post

I would try uninstalling it again, but also verify that ALL remnants of it are gone from your ProgramData folder (that is where I just found mine after doing another uninstall to test).

C:\ProgramData\Battle.net