Strange 5 second screen freeze when logging into wow but fine after that

Hello, this has been puzzling me for a couple weeks now. It doesn’t matter what character or realm I pick. Here are the steps.

• Click play on bnet.
  • Pick a realm / character
  • Watch loading screen
  • When I first see my character in game the screen is frozen for about 4-5 seconds then is fine , no other issues ever only when I first join in game. Doesn’t matter if I’m in a city or open world.

What I have done to try and resolve is:

*Turn off ALL addons.

• Updated graphics driver (RTX 3090)
  • Made sure sound and audio device is updated.
  • Windows updates are all up to date.

What on Azeroth is causing my game to lag 5 seconds when the game opens? obviously it not addons because I already ruled that out by turning them off.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

WoW Character Loading / Load in Issue - Support / Technical Support - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

I don’t have the issue on PTR, so hopefully it will be like that Live in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

This has been happening to me for years, also happens when the character selection screens first pops up.

Thank you for that, I feel better its not just me. :heart: hopefully they know about it and fixed it. \o/

This started happening to me last week. No idea why.

This started happening on multiple accounts and multiple computers for my wife and me. Regardless of which PC, which account, which character, addons or no addons, Mac or Windows, fresh install, or whether the account has been upgraded to dragonflight. The location of the in-game character also doesn’t change the behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.