Strand of the Ancients issue

The issue is, ya’ll got rid of it, and put in Seething Shore, which is freaking terrible. Bring back Strand of the Ancients in Dragonflight!

18 Likes

And don’t forget REVAMP

Make it looks like 2022 wow 3d games.

3 Likes

no. =) Have a blessed day! :alien:

1 Like

I would just settle for an actual Attack/Defend epic BG instead of what we have now. Attack and Attack and whoever wins their objects first wins the game.

Let offense have their siege machines. Give me a freaking Trebuchet. Give me pitch and fire. Let me look for the first light on the fifth day.

4 Likes

Yeah, to this day, still not sure why some people don’t like SotA. It was really one of my most favorite BGs.

If we can’t get it back in rotation, can we get it back as a brawl? AB Winter is shxt for ranged, so if we can have that in there, surely we can have SotA?

4 Likes

When blacklisting was still here, SotA was by far the most common battleground for players to blacklist. And even blacklisting itself wasn’t all that popular and caused a lot of technical/mechanical issues with the queue system.

So Blizz decided the easiest thing to do was remove Strand and blacklisting at the same time, which they did.

Weird that it works that way, when you queue for a specific dungeon or two or three, you are effectively blacklisting the rest.

Also, I can’t imagine more people like Seething Shore, than Strand of the Ancients.

1 Like

Well the talk these days certainly supports what you say there. But it’s hard to say for sure since the two only existed side by side for one expansion. Maybe SS didn’t have enough time to “grow” on people yet.:wink:

The issue is people want to PvP not deal with Sieges which isn’t PvP. That is why Strands was the least popular BG. Honestly they should remove all Siege battles from WoW because they don’t know how to design them. All Siege BGs are trash and always will be.

“siege
A military operation in which enemy forces surround a town or building, cutting off essential supplies, with the aim of compelling the surrender of those inside.”

“A military operation in which enemy forces surround a town or building”

“A military operation”

1 Like

Military operations (Sieges) aren’t PvP which is Player vs Player combat. Furthermore Sieges shouldn’t do damage to players. We can kill Old gods but tiny little tanks do crazy damage. It doesn’t make sense.

This is a Fantasy game of magic and ancient power NOT Tanks.

We get gear and learn skills to use our characters against other characters. Plain and simple and Sieges in WoW have always been horrendous. They should just be removed because they are in the way.

Strands factually was the least favorite BG for a reason. People want to play their characters not do Tank battle instead of use their abilities.

There were 4 catas, and half the time, ppl forgot to get them, or rogues took them out as soon as they respawned.

Say what you will, but SotA was one of the best BGs ever, the reason it was blacklisted is because a lot of ppl just like to tunnel kills/hks, instead of focus objective. I can’t tell you how many times we distracted ally on the beach while a couple of others plowed through the doors, when they could have dropped combat to stop them.

3 Likes

I’ll never understand how people can justify removing content because some people dislike it.

Just put it in the epic bg pool with the other tank maps for those that do enjoy it.

3 Likes

it wasn’t epic though, iirc it was 15 man. I agree with you though, they should put it back in and give us a blacklist option again. I don’t agree with the person who said it caused too much “technical” issues.

3 Likes

That is factually incorrect. It was voted worst BG ever and that is why it was removed. With that said you might like Strands but it was a terrible BG. What you like doesn’t make it good or accepted by the majority. Just like you might like a movie but that doesn’t make it 4 stars. If it’s bad it’s bad.

They need to bring back Blacklisting though.

Because we are forced to do that terrible content and Blizzard doesn’t want to maintain content for the minority.

If we can Blacklist every single Siege map because it’s not PvP and the 25 or so people that like em can Que them then fine. I doubt Blizz will do that though.

Who voted when? I didn’t get a vote!

3 Likes

Also you posting on your wow classic toon in retail forums is funny, because as far as I am concerned you don’t get a voice when you hide behind a toon and no one can tell how much PvP you have actually done.

It was the most Blacklisted BG by a large margin and Blizz was like we get it you hate it. So they removed it. Which was a valid solution. No need to keep the most hated BG for the 1%.

This makes no sense. You just can’t discuss a topic without making it about the player instead of the discussion. Small minded people make it about people instead of ideas.

Look I said if you like Strands that’s fine just the majority of the players don’t so Blizz removed it. These are the facts. Whether you like something or not doesn’t make it good content.

Should they bring back the most hated BG? Of course not. We already have AFK problems no reason to make people suffer which is why they should bring back Blacklisting. So we get to vote again what BGs are terrible so they can be fixed or removed and new BGs added.

It isn’t about you, but it sure is about people who can have been verified to have played it.

Anyways, peace be with you.

Strands was a fairly cool battleground, but they kept making changes to it that made it much less fun, and by the time blacklisting became a thing, it was downright annoying. One of the biggest issues it had at the time was that a single person could screw over their entire team by capturing the southern graveyard.