Story Livestream was incredibly disappointing

Even if we know it’s going to be bad, we can’t stop calling it out when it is bad, otherwise they’ll just stop trying.

1 Like

It’s almost like they’re actively trying to get people PO’d

Glad I didn’t waste my lunch break watching this. Rather I watch an episode of Stargate SG-1 on Prime. I feel like it was a better use of my time.

3 Likes

Remember guys…its NOT going to be a retelling of garrosh ;^}

3 Likes

I thought it was interesting that they spent an entire hour talking without really saying much of anything of substance.

I guess it’s nice that they’re passionate about the story, but if you missed out on it or forgot it was on, don’t worry about it. You didn’t miss a single thing.

1 Like

They advertised a lore discussion. It wasn’t that great, but they did what they said they would.

1 Like

It was not about lore but about cinematics and storytelling

right at the 1-hour mark, at the very end: “we have another one of these in the works, we’re hoping for early January…”

Seems to me like originally, it was advertized as being a Q&A, up until the official announcement where they pulled back and called it a ‘discussion,’ and asked for topics and points of interest we’d like to hear about.

The ‘Discussion’ should have been between the players and Blizzard, but it was between Blizzard and Blizzard.

Just putting this out there.

10 Likes

How much do you expect them to answer without giving up key info?

I sometimes don’t check forums, the ad in my launcher clearly said Q&A

They gave away the ending to MoP at the announcement for it dont sell me that line.

5 Likes

Eh. Could have just been a miscommunication on his end there, or they just changed their minds.

It’s not like they straight up had a blue post “Lore Q&A coming in January” or something, gathered all the questions from us and then said haha just kidding guys it won’t be a Q&A.

You got proof or something? Mine clearly says “story and lore discussion”. If they really did advertise somewhere that this was to be a Q&A and then it wasn’t, that’s one thing. Sounds like people just expected it to be one (me included) and are now disappointed.

The trick is to go in not expecting them to answer anything, then you’re never disappointed. It’s worked every time so far.

2 Likes

They just changed it now. Same picture, different flavor text

The entire official thread had several questions ABOUT the story that was already written. This could have cooled a LOT of heels, hell, THE highest rated issue for discussion was Night Elves joining the ones that killed them.

But they talked cinematics and patted each other on the back…

BfA= Blizzard Failed Again

5 Likes

So we’re to assume they’re going to do it again? Lessons learned, ever heard of it?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Given I just quoted a blue that said “this isn’t going to be a Q&A”, I highly doubt they advertised it as one.

It wasn’t even a “discussion”… it was a glorified Behind the Scenes of their storyboard process and two guys patting each other on the back for making awesome cutscenes and cinematics.

There was nothing even remotely related to the Lore.

6 Likes

I never expect an in depth answer on anything. There was once a time when Blizzard didn’t even give us real release dates. Those days NEED to come back.

If it was a miscommunication they should have addressed it immediately.

1 Like