Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

When did he show Boasting? Hot-bloodedness yes(like Shonen Heroes normally have) but Boasting/Vainglory?

He didn’t boast when he became Warchief. The only time he boasted was when he boasted about the power of the Heart of Y’Shaarj…

What my brother prides himself in is integrating into Japanese society. He’s been there five years now and has moved up quite far in his company.

Maybe you could share your current favorite song? I love hearing people’s favorites.

I’ve heard of the cut Azshara BG, but never visited that spot in particular. Didn’t even know there was evidence in game of it. It sounds really neat! I wonder if there’s any videos of people exploring it online?

1 Like

How do you actually know when you get link privileges? I vaguely remember posting a link a week or two ago and being surprised that it worked.

Well it was quite bare bones. There was a roost like I said, some banners and I think a few Glaive throwers set up. Looking on youtube or a google search hasn’t turned up anything of note sadly. Would like some confirmation that I haven’t lost it.

1 Like

I’m not too sure, myself. One of the many annoying things about these new forums. I think someone made a tool to check it, but since I can’t quite find that, there is this thread with further instructions:

Aww, I’m sure you haven’t lost it. Vanilla was chock-full of little secrets to find. You probably just found a very unique and rare one! Luckily you will be able to discover it again soon when Classic launches : )

1 Like

Apparently I was wrong anyway. I could post a link to something specific but not all links. Guess I’m not active enough.

You can link to certain websites without trust level 3 such as youtube, reddit, and wowhead. But for other sites, you need level 3.

Well now I’m disappointed I don’t to get to link people my fetish interests on deviantart.

3 Likes

You and me both, Galenar.

1 Like

I never cared much about that one, but I’m sad the Defense Of The Alehouse BG was never finished and released. TLDR: MoP had a planned DOTA BG with npcs, lanes, etc.

1 Like

My friend is currently DMing for our other friends and has informed me that a mimic similar to Nefasturris (the skyscraper demon from DMC2) might be making a cameo in their campaign soon.

I can’t wait to see the aftermath.

1 Like

I played a campaign once where we were infiltrated by Ravenloft Dopplgangers. They can perfectly replace people, and even have their memories. If one of them gets in a room alone with you, you are pretty much done for and they will walk back to your party as “you”.

We failed to recognize the threat in time and they got us all…but because they were basically us but with better stats, we kept playing our characters for a couple more much more amusing adventures.

7 Likes

Haha, that’s great.

1 Like

This is where I would link the Oglaf comic about doppelgangers (titled “king-shaped”), but I’m not trustworthy enough to link a sfw comic making fun of D&D tropes. Instead, I’ll just talk about it, causing dozens of people on the SF to google the comic series Oglaf which is 95% nsfw. Mission accomplished forum censors, mission accomplished.

2 Likes

I’ve discovered linking is relatively easy if you use the “Preformatted text” button on the bar above the text box. It allows you to link whatever without having to mess it up. As you might imagine, I’m trust level NEGATIVE FIVE BILLION, and it still lets me link things that way.

https://images.spot.im/v1/production/fmrrupyonbqgbyedtfvi

Also, I find it hard to resist adding minor spelling errors to people I quote when I’m rebutting them since the Overwatch style forums let you edit them with impunity and still attributes it to them.

2 Likes

Of course, the preformatted option is designed for you to share snippets of code without the forum software accidentally parsing it. It actually prevents some of the automated forum systems from scrutinizing the text. It’s so obvious and so easily caught in QA. Of course it was implemented as is on a live forum server.

https://youtu.be/ahrBOvz1jzA
2 Likes

Is it this one ?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/oglaf/images/b/ba/Kingshaped.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/400?cb=20110831091102

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the one.

2 Likes

Oh, that would have been so cool! I sometimes think about a WoW DotA, and how it could be successful. I think it would be best if Blizzard allowed people to queue for it, fully loaded, from level one. Get new people subbed and playing without having to face the daunting leveling process. Then bait them into dungeons, raids, and world content with promises of transmog, mounts, pets, and toys.

It would have to be completely separate from the PvE game loop, like how GW2’s PvP works. Purely cosmetic gear with stat templates. I guess a primary challenge would be the allocation of resources and distribution of players between the two modes. I’m sure there’d be cries of raid design stealing time from DotA balance, and DotA balance stealing time from raid design. Could get pretty toxic! But I mean, what isn’t these days? So I say go for it anyway~

2 Likes