Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 2)

I wil post sad puppy eyes if you do not! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m getting paid rn to do nothing at work. There’s a contract wide VPN outage that didn’t affect me but affected my whole team. So now I just have to wait.

What’s new with you guys today?

2 Likes

Huh. Was not expecting this for a month or two at least.

4 Likes

11.0… that…

:scream_cat: :dracthyr_uwahh_animated: :scream_cat:

3 Likes

Yes, I too would not even ever expect to see…

A…

That thing!!!

It is so very numbers!!

Oh my goodness!!!

:grinning:

2 Likes

4 Likes

is that a PTR? I don’t know what that is but I’m excited if you are excited.

It’s the PTR build for The War Within. It’s apparently coming a lot sooner than we thought. Or at least the alpha/beta is anyway

2 Likes

Based on what I read on WoWhead, it’s one of their internal testing servers.

1 Like

They pushed an encrypted alpha build onto the content delivery network. That usually indicates a build is fairly far along. That surprised me as I did not expect to see it show up at all until late january, honestly. Indicates an earlier and longer alpha-beta cycle than might of been expected.

2 Likes

yeah, I thought it wouldn’t be out until February, I hope this means we might get 11.0 as early as March or April. (I’m pushing my luck they are probably aiming for a September release as per usual)

2 Likes

Might be a good sign that they are putting this much dev time into the build/expansion. Also a longer alpha/beta means more chances for the community to scream at them for being insensitive strongly suggest they rethink some of their storylines and quests.

2 Likes

I have been legit surprised they are working on .5 and .6 simultaneously. The Live services team must all be ogres because they must have a second head to keep up with that.

2 Likes

When’s the 10.2.5 patch launching? I’m excited for it.

2 Likes

So…me as a bear dr00d, a panda monk and a DH took on Basikron, the world boss in Waking Shores and won.

I feel good about myself at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

they have a team roughly double what they had in late BFA, which makes them the largest MMO dev team by like 50%. Most of that is to do expansions faster, but not surprised it has benefits for the live team too.

3 Likes

One of my posts got flagged today which is weird because I haven’t gotten a single flag in two months.

Things have been good. Peaceful.

3 Likes

Yuh, I saw that. It wasn’t even a naughty post or anything. It’s just very strange that all of a sudden, an innocuous post got flagged.

Like a cloud on the horizon, signalling a crapstorm is about to come around.

3 Likes

Do you know what post it was? I don’t even know which one it was.

Well, the thing about storms is you can ignore them. And I’m going to be better at ignoring storms.

I’ll let the mods sort it out. I don’t think I said anything naughty, lately they’ve just been deleting posts and leaving me alone so maybe that will persist.

3 Likes

I don’t, but it was very recent because it popped up in my quick reading of all the threads that got posts in them since I took a nap.

I’m’a try and find.

EDIT: I find.

Was Xe'ra good or evil? - #179 by Mithonic-wyrmrest-accord

3 Likes