Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Maybe he is?

Adventure Guide

The night elves of Darnassus have asked for help in restoring an Ancient of the Arcane, who found itself trapped in Tempest Keep. Frightened by the recent attack by Kael’thas Sunstrider’s forces, the Warp Splinter is unable to differentiate friend from foe and is liable to attack any who disturb it.

Not long ago, I was approached by a kaldorei druidess with a touching request. And plenty of gold, of course!

It would appear that the forces of Darnassus wish to restore an ancient of the arcane known as Warp Splinter. The giant tree has been confused or corrupted, I’m not certain, but you’ll find it inside of the Botanica at Tempest Keep.

She said that all they would need to regrow him was a small clipping.

Aw, you did get it! It’s so tiny. And yet, when the druids are done with it – a process I am told will take a very long time – Warp Splinter will be regrown anew.

"Hard to believe that the druids think they can regrow such a massive ancient from such a small twig."

I was going to say maybe he’ll be some crotchety ancient annoyed at these young whippersnappers dropping plague on his lawn later in the expansion or in another one.

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/a/aa/Warp_Splinter.jpg

As far as Arcane Ancients go the ones we’ve seen are inferior to Lucentbark:

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/hearthstone_gamepedia/c/cd/Lucentbark_full.jpg?version=285f4582fdcd8fa58505b9d0447e74b9

Lucentbark looks wiser and more ancient than the Warp Splinter and the other 2 Arcane Ancients seen in WoW.

One of the many disappointments of Darkshore. No giant ancient striding around the zone, yelling:

“They come with blight! They come with axes! Gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers, CURSE THEM!”

2 Likes

Check your E-mail. They specifically quote the reason you got suspended so you can share it with your friends and laugh at it. I have a HUGE popular thread on my guild forum for all my suspensions. :smiley:

It’s such a shame that the ancients are props instead of actual characters. We don’t really interact with any ancients enough for them to have personalities beyond “talking tree”.

2 Likes

Someone in the “Big Gay Thread of Doom 2019 edition” said they were sad you hadn’t posted in it yet.

Elothir was cool for the two seconds we got to talk to him. But, he talked to a Night Elf once, and thus the devs were obligated to kill him.

Would have been nice to at least hear how he became an Archdruid.

1 Like

I guess I could stop by, but there’s nothing to say in it. Those threads always go in circles until they cap.

Since threads don’t seem to cap anymore, does this mean we’re stuck with it forever?

Threads don’t cap anymore, so maybe we should just sticky this one to the top of the forum.

It was originally posted in General, but some GM decided to throw it in the trash (Lore Forum) rather than seeing it bumped over and over. The OP is especially aggressive and bananas, and almost certainly trolling, so it’s a good example of the type of thread.

And now it’s ours forever and ever and ever.

I actually did and there was nothing there. I never received an email about the second time and it was reversed a day or so later. I have no idea what it was about.

That’s how much the devs hate Night Elves.

• Kill off the race.
  • Get rid of the players.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/305/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Hopefully they can show the Ankora as allied race material. Let the Alliance have them and the Junker Gnomes, while the Horde can get some foxes and snakes on the red team! :fox_face::red_circle::snake:

Welp. I’m in trouble now.

I just found an abandonware site with thousands of old games. I played so many of them when I was a kid.

I’m probably going to have to evict someone from my house. This vegan bacon is of the Devil.

To quote Raven from the original Teen Titans cartoon
“I respect your choice to not eat meat. Please respect my choice to not eat fake meat.”

2 Likes

I didn’t even know what it was. I was just told “Try this”, before a piece of smoke-flavored particle board was foisted upon me.

Now I’m just doubly sad.

I’m wondering… Is most of the price on Bottled Water(which as we all know is usually just Tap Water) just the price of the Bottles themselves?