Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Hey! My surname is Italian, too! People look at my first name, then look to my last name hoping it’s easier for them, only for it to be even more difficult for them.

Once has a sous chef above me who looked at my name and went, “Nope. You’re Ace from now on.” To be fair, he was Filipino and already dealing with secondary languages as it was.

1 Like

We are french but thankfully my first name (Augustin) is still quite common in english speaking contries but some of my brothers have an unpronounceable first name too (for english speaking people) so they need to translate their name in english in order to be called without trouble.

1 Like

I have the opposite problem. My surname is compose of perfectly normal English words, just in a way you wouldn’t expect to be a name.

Think something like “Greenfinger”. On paper it’s simple, but when you say it, people immediately ask how its spelled, and I have to tell them it’s spelled exactly as it sounds.

2 Likes

My brother’s name is French. Or it was supposed to be, but our father didn’t think Americans would be able to pronounce Etienne, so he spelt it more phonetically, and only made the problem worse as now not even French people can recognize it.

1 Like

I think names are just hard for people. My name is Tristan, but I’ve always had teachers, employers, supervisors, coworkers, etc, call (and spell) me everything along that spectrum. Tristian, Christian, Kristen, Kirsten. One of my supervisors now, in her… certain inner-city neighborhood accent, calls me “Trishun”.

3 Likes

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/09/kingdom-hearts-3-the-challenges-and-rewards-of-working-with-disney

https://gamerant.com/kingdom-hearts-3-pixar-toy-story-canon/

According to interviews the KH3 Worlds and their events were intended to be Canon to their specific World(at least in Frozen, Big Hero 6, Toy Story, Monsters Inc and Hercules)… Which is why Sora only interacts with Elsa and Marshmallow.

This of course would mean that the Ice Labyrinth that Larxene made exists in the Frozen Universe. I dare say the writers will probably ignore it yet just in case they don’t ignore it be prepared for it to appear in Frozen 2 with random characters assuming it to be the origin of Elsa’s powers and never discovering the truth even if they encounter Larxene’s minions(that it is merely Larxene using small fragments of Elsa’s Ice with her Lightning Magic).

Frozen’s role in KH3 being Canon would also mean that the Snow freezing in place after Anna turned to Ice was Larxene’s doing and that her freezing Time in general allowed Sora enough time to kill Skoll and recomplete the Heartless’s original self(because the guy’s will was too weak to create a Nobody) without anyone noticing the guy became a Heartless(or that Heartless even exist for that matter).

Larxene sure did a good job of making sure Sora, Donald, Goofy, the Heartless and the Nobodies were unnoticed(to the point of using Time Magic) by Anna, Hans and the Military during the Frozen Canon!

Despite Malvaren’s advice, I have, in fact, not gone to sleep. And I’ve now been awake 24 hours.

On the other hand, I built two herb gardens, installed some window boxes, put up a hanging basket, installed outdoor lighting, and engaged in various forms of plant and pet care.

On the other other hand, I have no idea what’s wrong with me.

2 Likes

From a purely outsider perspective, I would say your druid is slowly taking over your body and soul.

2 Likes

One of the reasons I play druid is I love my naps. This not sleeping thing is a problem.

Was Arthur right or wrong?

Not right, per se. But understandable.

TFW a show I watched when I was 10 did morally grey better than a game I played as an adult.

Whelp looks like I’m going on vacation again. My usual posting character got silenced but not the rest of me which I’m led to believe is a temp thing until they actually review it. I don’t even know what I’m supposed to have said. See you guys in probably over a week.

Wishing it doesn’t last too long, we need nelves fans like you Galenar !

What belligerent and uncompromising in their desire for vengeance? You’ve got Anya for that.

2 Likes

The more the merrier !

1 Like

Anyone remember the Salvation Run Event in DC Comics where most of the Criminals were banished to another Planet?

As Lex Luthor was in the group the Criminals escaped but what would happen if only the criminals of Gotham were banished to another Planet by a Quincy Sharp-esque Mayor(we all remember Quincy Sharp banishing the Criminals to Arkham City).

The main reason Joker has never been killed is due to the escalation it causes(Joker was once about to Nuke Gotham and once he was gone Scarecrow tried to dose the entire Eastern Seaboard AKA East Coast of the USA with a Fear Toxin Bomb).

Banishing him and the major Supervillains to another planet in secret would actually keep the casualties to a minimum since the untouched Criminals would assume that the Joker and other Supervillains may get angry if they try anything big.

That was also the plot of Arkham Knight. Crime actually dropped after the death of the joker until AK came along with his revenge plan and rallied all the villains to his cause(also involving Scarecrow and fear gassing, maybe it was inspired by your example?). It actually ended up ruining them all because they put all they had into funding a militia to bring down Batman that failed completely aside from forcing Batman to fake his death after his identity was revealed.

Edit: Also, good news! I’m back, I guess they undid it. Still have no idea what it was I said. Maybe the Futurama joke in the elf faction thread?

Scarecrow’s Fear Gassing the entire Eastern Seaboard was far greater in scope than anything the Joker did(the Joker at most in any Franchise Nuked single cities and in the Arkham Franchise just poisoned Arkham’s General Hospital with his Titan-infected Blood).

Furthermore Scarecrow cut Batman off of his funding and most of his toys thus making him rely on Fear Toxin due to forcing him to fake his death. Two-Face was still active as shown by his battle with Tim Drake following Tim’s marriage with Barbara Gordon.

The only Criminal completely stopped was Riddler who was robbed blind by Catwoman. Penguin(who has already fallen onto hard times before Arkham Knight) and Two-Face still had enough resources to have henchmen come and bail them out of Jail and in the case of Two-Face went back to business immediately following. They weren’t even slowed down by their defeats!

Batman’s use of Fear Toxin can only go so far and Penguin, Killer Croc, Deathstroke, Mad Hatter, Professor Pyg & Two-Face are only going to get stronger over time(with Deathstroke killing the weaker criminals in his cell by the time he gets out).

Poison Ivy’s death is also going to take a huge toll on Harley Quinn’s sanity(she lost quite a bit of sanity due to Joker’s death) so she might do anything including succeed in taking down the Eastern Seaboard where Scarecrow failed.

Batman can’t do anything overt or else his Aunt(yes he has an Aunt) dies due to people finding out Bruce Wayne/Batman is still alive. The Eastern Seaboard is doomed and it is all Joker’s fault for dying(and he died by making Batman drop the cure for his condition!

Gotham really is a hellhole when you look at it isn’t it? I fall on the side that Batman only makes the situation in Gotham worse but even without him it’s just a horrible place that seems to draw freaks and monsters to it like a magnet. How do you even save a place like that?