Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Sailor Moon Classic Season 1 had 45 Episodes with 4 Story Arcs with the first Story Arc being 13 episodes long and the other 3 Story Arcs having 11 Episodes each! How many Episodes were expecting my idea of a first Season having? 12 like Madoka Magica!?! I would want just as many as Sailor Moon Classic(45 with 4 Story Arcs) if possible!

Oh well with 45 episodes that’s not an issue. Not really the length I think of when I hear season though lol. It’s hard to comment on the premise, it kind of sounds like Megamind. Villain gets bored with victory, creates their own hero, things spiral out of control. Only apparently your villain was dumb enough to have no contingencies in place. I guess it would have potential like any other show.

VNs aren’t my favorite thing ever. But I admit most of my exposure to them is through mobile. Where the only way to progress is to be nickled and dimed into poverty, or wait a whole month as you slowly accumulate the associated resource.

Really? Does VN mean something different to you? I’ve never seen a monetized one.

Visual novel? I have a couple of them on my phone. But they also have elements of a choose-your-own-adventure game (with separate paid results).

Huh I guess I just haven’t played that many. The one I played was entirely free outside of the base cost and all the others I’ve played were like that too.

Yeah, that’s usually how it is when you buy a “real” one from Steam, or what have you. But microtransactions are the name of the game for mobile (and AAA companies trying to profit off the mobile model).

Yeah the last time I played a mobile game was Angry Birds so I’m fortunate enough to not have subjected myself to microtransaction baloney. Actually I did once play Candy Crush? I think but immediately dropped the game when I realised they were trying to either get me to bug my social media friends to play or pay real money to bypass their content gates and that it would only get worse from there. I assume it’s similar to that?

Yep. That’s the basic mobile gaming model. Hence ActiBlizzard’s eagerness to tap into that market.

The main VN I “play” has some elements of a choose-your-own, and a dating/social sim. At certain points in the story, I can buy a more dramatic/climactic route for the in-game currency. It can take weeks, or longer, to obtain the amount of currency needed, so they also sell the currency for real money.

Sounds like a load of baloney. I’d much rather just outright buy them like any other game.

DANGANRONPA BEST VN IN THE WORLD BABY, DANGANRONPA NUMBA #1!!!

SW:ToR is still kicking around and a new update is coming. We’re going to Dantooine! Woohoo!

After Wildstar, I’m still amazed that these other mmos are alive.

More like my NE Druid RPs as a human who’s playing a video game.

That is exactly who my parents named me after, yep!

1 Like

My years of spanish were finally useful !

1 Like

Did your parents tell you “If you ever meet anyone who knows what your name means, you marry them. You hunt them down and marry them right away!”?

On my Worgen alt I even used the proper accent on the i:

As long as a person doesn’t say “Oh, like Mozart?” they have as fair a chance as anyone else.

2 Likes

To be fair, they’re not wholly wrong. Amadis is the Spanish variant of Amadeus. Like how you have:
John- English
Juan- Spanish
Johann- German
Jean- French
Ian- Gaelic
Giovanni- Italian

Etc, lol.

True, but still pronounced differently, which leads to this problem:

I feel you my surname is italian and often mispronounced.

1 Like