Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I’ve never been able to get into Diablo’s storyline.

Because

A. At a certain point the good people of Tristam just need to move. There’s a reason Chernobyl is uninhabited. Stop leaving near a god damn Hellmouth.

And

B. Lost me early on when our character decides to just, jam an evil glowing ruby in their face. Still very confused what that was about.

Maybe they just really needed a helm upgrade and were determined to make this work.

I fell victim to fedora edgelordliness (That’s not a word) in the same way, actually.

I wanted a GIANT hat for the same reasons you did, I am the colour of glue so needless to say the sun gets the better of me even in short spurts of exposure. I ordered what I assumed was just a giant witchy style hat (It was giving real WWF Undertaker circa the 90’ vibes… it has crescent moons on the brim and everything!) only to receive it and discover it was just a very wide-brimmed fedora.

Ah well, I’ll be m’ladying and m’lording in my garden to my ducks while trimming the roses. It’s a whole shtick now.

5 Likes

I usually go for the most ridiculous looking giant gardening hat I can find. I gave up a long time ago.

3 Likes

Andor really is a cinematography masterpiece isn’t it?

That was mostly due to diablos influence on the Wanderer, aka the warrior. The wanderer was arrogant enough to think he could contain diablos essence

1 Like

Is it just me or is Gilneas difficult to rep grind for?

Seriously I’m also leveling a Belf and she’s already into Honored with SM through just the starting zone.

Obviously my Worgen didn’t get this boost. Since last time I tried that I didn’t get to Azeroth proper until like level 24, and the rep gained seemed worse to me then the amount I’d get from tabard dungeon runs.

Anyone know a good goldmine of Gilneas rep? I recall them having approximately three subplots in Duskwood, Feralas and the Blasted Lands but I think that was about it.

This is by far the most work I’ve put into to see a heritage quest I’m probably going to despise, but I want to hate it properly.

Gilneas and Bilgewater have very niche areas and IIRC when Cataclysm launched those reps relied HEAVILY on using the tabards with dungeon finder.

For mine, I wore the tabard and ran the crap out of the shorter BC dungeons like the Mechanar and the Botanica. Especially with DMF and the Winds of Sanctuary buff up for the next few days, you’ll probably cap in no time.

(Be prepared to be disappointed for the heritage quest, it’s probably the only one I hated.)

2 Likes

Well it’ll probably wind up being the first I see. So it has nothing I can empirically compare it to favorably or otherwise.

But I’m still just kinda presuming my reaction will be;

1 Like

That’s a neutral(ish) way to be about it. I’ll be curious about your thoughts on it. For the most part I love the heritage quests, but this one was definitely a let down.

At least I got a top hat out of it though.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not good. It’ll probably convince you to make a thread about it or a very long post.

2 Likes

Mmm single malt

Haha i’m still here. :rofl: even when a mob is sent after me from Twitter, I did nothing wrong.

Tuesday chromie scenarios. I can’t wait.

Nothing gets this place in a tizzy more than making an inaccurate claim about lore. But someone has to keep this place poppin.

You’re welcome.

Nothing separates the men from the boys better than “Well, actually”

:v:

I’ve been really trying my best to get into the Dragonflight story, but I’m having a hard time feeling immersed in any way.

Why should my character(s) care about the Aspects? What do they even DO? Did I miss some crucial story element as to why I should be helping dragons that are supposedly over power level 9000 but somehow need a rag-tag murder hobo to do their dirty work?

How are y’all staying immersed or invested?

Side note: I always get a good laugh when my janky Shaman shows up in cutscenes with her giant engineering goggles on.

Them: “THANK YOU CHAMPION YOUR REPUTATION PRECEDES YOU”
Me: :large_blue_circle: :lips: :large_blue_circle:

3 Likes

So it just occured to me with my San’Layn Spellbreaker Paladin, Cursed Lore Bard Druid, Necrobiotic Detective Rogue and this toon’s “Nevermore” raven revenant shtick, what I really need is an Unholy Sandfury DK RP’ed as basically The Mummy.

From there I just need a fish person and I officially have the ingredients for a Monster Mash.

Which I’ll remind you is still a musical mystery. For we only have reports of how the monsters reacted to the song, not the song itself.

2 Likes

People apparently don’t know what “doxxing” is.

You cannot doxx someone with public information, posted publicly by the person claiming to be doxxed. If it comes up in a google search it’s public information.

Doxxing is specifically sharing private information, as a form of revenge. Now if someone shared an image or information privately and that information was shared either in public or in private without that persons consent leading to private information to be shared publically. That’s doxxing.

It’s always good to know these things in case you get wrongly accused. meanwhile the amount of random hits I get to my personal Linkedin I haven’t used in years, after having sharing public information with exactly two people here, tells me my private information was shared without my consent.

Stalking several BIPOC members of the WoW community and posting photos of them without consent is mad weird regardless of the semantics of doxxing or stalking or imo both.

2 Likes

It’s very weird that people will literally do their best to find your pictures, then call the people they’re stalking ones who are predatory. I shudder to think of what was done with those pictures. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Nice D.A.R.V.O.

2 Likes