Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I’m torn between ‘Awesome character fantasy’ (Worgen Druid) and ‘Fun playstyle’ (Draenei Shaman) to lean into for my main. I said it before, despite my absolute LOVE for Worgen Druid in terms of class/race combo, I am a terrible Druid.

The entirety of DF has been me flip-flopping between characters trying to figure out a new main. Shadow Priest hasn’t been hitting for me anymore, I used to love the whole “tanky” aspect of Shadow just nuking everything in sight but it doesn’t have the same ‘oomph’ since DF launch and even less so with the more recent changes.

I spent the last two days fiendishly getting the Order Hall set unlocked on my Shaman as well as the hidden appearances (and alternate colours) for artifacts which I had already slogged through on my Druid prior.

Looking back, I think of all the Class Halls that I did from Legion, Shaman really was the GOAT for me. Being in that little glowing cave on the edge of the Maelstrom was the most Shaman-y thing to ever Shaman. It feels SO neutral in terms of racial structure, which I felt the Druid one was just Night Elves (go figure) and Priest one felt more Alliance/Light-aligned. The Shaman order hall is just the Earthen Ring absolutely vibing and I love it a lot.

1 Like

Also, what’s not to love about an alien goat lady who is both an Engineer AND an Elementalist? She looks GREAT.

(This is Nithae, in case that wasn’t obvious.)

1 Like

Druid I quite like for the variety. Plus they’re reliably pretty tasty in PvP. I don’t think I’ve played a version of WoW where Balance, Resto or Feral isn’t a top tier choice for compeitive play.

Frankly I can’t wait to get him to DF. I’ve been using Camoflauge and Concealment Potions on my Hunter to knock people out’ve the sky. Tracking basically works as radar which is pretty invaluable for aerial combat, it turns out.

I just struggled to get into the class fantasy. The lore for Darkspear and even Zandalari Druids is pretty vague and the Tauren and Kaldorei have just never been my scene.

A proper spookster Druid has been quite a lot of fun. Feel like I can get use out’ve the surprising amount of creepy Druid Mogs that never felt quite fight for the others.

Plus with that Astral glyph on Balance it feels like he’s using his Worgen form as a Druid form. Since with that new ability they gave Worgen that auto-switches back to human form he’s not still a werewolf when I pop back to standard form.

Still wish I could make the Bear and Cat ones just 100% wolf though tbh.

2 Likes

The creepy mogs honestly keep me coming back. The one from Throne of Thunder is just incredible, and so is the Dragon Soul one. HAUNTED FOREST? DEEP EARTH? C’mon even the names for those sets just absolutely slap.

2 Likes

Yeah I was initially holding off on a Blue Druid until I got Kul Tirans so I could play one of those as a witch.

But upon reflection I think Shaman might work better for that fantasy. Because turning people into frogs is about as witchy as it gets.

Getting into the Shaman fantasy for the first time proper on my Orc one. Who I RP as a half Orc that grew up mostly in the cultural melting pot of Orgrimmar and eventually linked up with her now Forsaken father.

So there’s some good ludonarrative synchronization. She does actually need the Orcs Shamanistic history explained to her because it’s a part of her heritage she was divorced from after her mother died in Alterac Valley.

1 Like

For me, the Kul Tiran Druid fantasy just doesn’t hit despite their shapeshifts being the BEST in the game (I’ll die on this hill). Mostly because the lore feels incomplete despite all of the imagery being there. Ulfar’s Den is MAGICAL, if I ever find myself in Drustvar I just pop in there to soak in it’s perfection wishing it were my own little hovel but the problem is, that’s it. That’s all we get. They barely (if at all) confirmed for us if the Kul Tiran Thornspeakers have Drust lineage or if they’re just freakishly large humans for some reason.

Shaman definitely feels more appropriate for them. I’ve always loved the concept of a rogue Tidesage turned Stormbending pirate but my issue with Kul Tiran is their appearance. It’s not nearly varied or ‘gritty’ enough. If I’m gonna be a giant Shaman lady, I want dreadlocks and scars, not neatly done braids and pearl earrings and the same Amy Schumer-esque face in varying expressions. Not to mention, the current Kul Tiran female model looks uncannily like my old roommate who was honestly insufferable, so I just CANNOT get that out of my head. I hope they offer more variety for them down the road.

2 Likes

Yeah I was dissapointed too.

Because I’m going for an old school capital H Hag. None of this witches being just gorgeous magical ladies stuff. That’s called an Enchantress or Sorcereress if you ask me.

I want my witch to resemble more the bog she eats wayward children in than any even vaguely normal looking person, much less a ridiculously good looking one;

1 Like

Absolutely.

If I want to be a KT Shaman, I want to be an absolutely jacked 7ft Pirate half-Drust/Vrykul woman with a blind-eye and killer dreadlocks with a kraken tattoo across her back and arms. Not some unusually tall lady who looks like her name’s Rhonda and works at the local Safeway.

2 Likes

Seriously as someone who spent their 4th of July weekend in Milwaukee I can confidently say Kul Tirans are just Wisconites.

Shame they didn’t give them their accents. Seriously every human in this setting is either American or British. Unless they’re evil in which case they’re allowed to sound vaguely German or Russian. Ya know the bad guy accents. Because nobody with an American or British accent ever did a war crime.

Would’ve been way better if we pulled up to Kul Tiras and they all just sound like;

1 Like

I made a survival hunter with the tattoo mog.

On paper, I love Kul’tiran women. Huge, scars, salty sailors… but their base face is so offensively bland and polite, and the model tries to split the difference between HUUUUUGE and unthreateningly conventionally attractive so they just come off as mild. Unfinished facial animations don’t help.

3 Likes

On the onehand it’s objectely terrifying we all walk around with listening devices that harvest every single data point we have to tailor advertisements toward us. Surely this infrastructure will never be used to create a sort of dystopia that makes the worst night terrors of one George Orwell seem quaint by comparison.

But until that comes, ya really can’t argue with the results. Never heard of this song or band before but guess who just found a new bop for their worgen’s PvP Playlist?

1 Like

Frankly I blame the same devs who made the borderline feral Kaldorei warrior women bubbly babes who love to bounce on their heels for no discernable reason.

I actually think thats kosher for the Thalassians given their whole vibe but let’s just say there’s a reason this character has a half orc daughter. What can I say?

2 Likes

I can’t help but notice but the B’omarr Monks(Brains in Jars hooked up to Spider Droid Bodies) of Jabba’s Palace hold many of the solutions to the Jedi Order’s problems:

Want to get rid of attachments and attain full enlightenment?: Have the B’omarr Monks put your brain in a Jar.

Dark Sider is powerful yet has valuable knowledge? Have the B’omarr Monks put the Dark Sider’s brain into a jar.

Sidious by the time Mace Windu cornered him didn’t even resemble Chancellor Palpatine so they could simply pass him off as an imposter to the Senate for judgement and if Anakin insisted to the Senate that he had valuable info that required him to remain alive then having the B’omarr Monks extract his brain and place it inside a secure prison would be the best solution.

1 Like

I was trying to find an angle for my Worgen druid then it hit me;

Hedge Wizard Detective who became a legit Druid;

Hey, you’re right. Do you think they’d still be able to use the force, though?

Good point! Jedi should instead sever specific nerves and ligaments to prevent limb, eye(which should be blinded yet kept intact), ear, nose and jaw movement and be put in the jar in that state and kept alive yet fully conscious.

Dark Siders will just get reduced to a brain in a jar for the sake of interrogation.

1 Like

I mean tbh, I don’t know the current lore of midi chlorians. I believe they don’t directly make you force sensitive anymore. It’s just that people who are force sensitive happen to have more midichlorians, not the other way around.

I have noticed that Inarius looks nothing like his Diablo 3 Portrait that accompany his Pandemonium Sound Files.

In that Portrait he had Hair and a Fancy Crown made of Gold.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/a/a4/Inarius_Portrait.png/revision/latest?cb=20170619005550

In Diablo IV on the other hand he wears a Hood like the other Angels looking far less cool which punctuates his pitiful state after being tortured by Hell as well as his later pitiful demise at the hands of Lilith desperately begging the Heavens to protect him despite them clearly not wanting him.

It’s interesting to imagine his head being reduced to mere sound by having everything ripped off of it by Mephisto. By everything I mean everything: His eyelids(mentioned in lore), his face and his hair all get ripped off by chains while his wing Tendrils slowly get stretched out(yet not torn right out as that would kill him) making them longer for the sake of humiliating him.

His face being removed is made all the more clear when his wings get ripped out and Light Energies flow out of his head in a way that makes it clear he has no face.

His humiliating torture reduced him to a pitiful creature. His original form showed his original superiority and wisdom compared to even his superior Tyreal and the High Heavens’ leader Malthael both of which resemble the form he took after his torture and fall from grace and wisdom.

Before his torture and disfigurement he had idealism, wisdom and understanding about the matter of the Eternal Conflict. After his torture and disfigurement he became a lost child desperate to return to a home that doesn’t want him.

This is so accurate it hurts.

Especially the driving lol

I have officially become a fedora wearing edgelord. People used to call me that, and I could say I don’t even own a fedora. But I can’t say that anymore.

I live in Vegas and it can get pretty hot and sunny. After all these years, I finally felt like I needed something more than a baseball cap. I went to Walmart and bought a big hat - the label said fedora.

I always thought fedora’s were those little stylish hats with small brims. The hat I bought looks more like a sombrero- but it says fedora. So I guess I own a fedora.

I think it’s funny, when I bought that big hat at Walmart, I actually felt like I was giving up on even trying to look cool, because damn it, I need more shade. I figured it was more of a sombrero - but it was a fedora.

For me buying a fedora was a sign I might be giving up on style and youth… I bought it because I just can’t take the sun like I used to.

1 Like