Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I’m most curious about the Warlock Soulstone and Shaman Reincarnation.

Are those just defunct abilities or strictly one use?

According to this, no Resurrection, Soulstone, etc. Interestingly, if you die, you can use a free character transfer to transfer your dead character to a non-hardcore realm.

2 Likes

That makes sense. Probably be pretty frustrating if it was a complete sunk cost.

It is an interesting idea though as I’ve had a few Iron Man Mode playthroughs of single player RPGs like Skyrim and New Vegas.

But yeah idk how fun that’d be if I had my winning streak tanked by a Hunter who forgot to dismiss their pet when we shortcut Gnomergon.

I’ve been caught off-guard by the fact that the Sea Witch in the original Little Mermaid Fairy Tale wasn’t either a Traditional Mermaid nor an Octopus Mermaid(like her Disney Counterpart) but a Two-Legged Hag that the Mermaid gets in contact with.

Imagine a Little Mermaid Cartoon Show that took that fact from the original Fairy Tale into account yet still villainized the Sea Witch!

What sort of goal would a Two-Legged Hag Sea Witch Villain have that a Mermaid Sea Witch Villain wouldn’t?

What reasons would a Two-legged Hag Sea Witch have for trying to foil the Little Mermaid’s attempts to woo the Prince?

If she wanted to marry the Prince she’d just grab the Girl’s voice and run without turning the Little Mermaid into a Human. Perhaps the same goal as Ursula but with the twist that it’s a Land Dweller that wants power over the Sea maybe? Perhaps she wants the Girl’s Soul but has to get it semi-fairly?

Any other possible motivations for a Land Dwelling Hag with Black Blood striking bargains with Sea Folk to become an Antagonist for A Little Mermaid?

I have finally gotten mods to work on BattleTech, so that is where i have been.

Now if you will excuse me, someone refused my batchall.

1 Like

I mean, doesn’t the original tale give her a motivation? I never read that one. I just watched the Disney cartoon, years ago as a kid. Which I will say was enjoyable as a kid, but not something I am trying to set aside time for these days. Maybe if I had a girlfriend or kids I might get dragged into the live action remake… but no threat of that any time soon.

The idea of Melissa McCarthy as Ursula sounds fantastic, but not enough to sit through the rest of it. An Ursula movie could be interesting, they have gone that route with Malificent.

One motivation for a Human Hag :

Maybe she had the origin story of the Disney movie! Maybe she was originally a Mermaid, but traded her fins for legs to a witch. But the man she loved rejected her, and she became bitter, and evil, and delighted in ruining young lives.

Or

Maybe she hated the Prince’s family, and wanted to cause them harm. As a neighborhood witch, she was probably mistreated by the community for decades. She probably even had friends or sisters who were imprisoned or executed for witch craft. This would be one way to get revenge.

Imagine Ariel gets pregnant with the Prince’s kid, but the spell only worked for her, and when she gives birth… the kid has fins. The palace would be in shock, and you would probably hear the witch’s evil cackle across the sea.

She is neutral in the Fairy Tale and only takes the Mermaid’s Tongue because the Potion requires the Hag’s Blood. The only terms are that if the Prince marries someone other than the Little Mermaid(who is unnamed in the Original Fairy Tale by Hans Christian Andersen that was originally published with The Emperor’s New Clothes in one book) she will die of heartbreak and dissolve into Sea Foam.

The Witch of course in exchange for the Little Mermaid’s siblings’ hair gives a way out: kill the unfaithful Prince and sprinkle his blood on the legs to turn them back into a Tail so that the Little Mermaid can return to the Sea and forget about the ordeal.

At this point I think Americans who complain about Hispanic immigrants are just embarrassing workshy cowards.

Seriously awhile back I ran into an old coworker from a residential construction company on the train. We catch up and decide to go out to lunch since we both have like two hours to kill.

And over the course of the discussion he mentions his wife is trying to start her own home cleaning service. Because unsurprisingly the corporate ones are vultures that give their employees a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of what they actually charge.

Well this is fortuitous. Because my parents are getting up there in years and I’m really worried about them hurting themselves scrubbing the floors. Especially now that my dad’s retired and is having a 3/4th life crisis about his dimishing physical stength and has already seriously injured himself over it.

I don’t come from wealth. My familal home is a fairly cozy 3 bed 2 bath affair that was perfectly spacious purely because I’m an only child. 3 people just dont need much space. So we work out a pretty solid deal which seems like a win win for all involved. I’ve literally had to put my life in this man’s hands before I know him to be trustworthy and serious minded and can’t imagine his wife would be much different. So I get to not just help out an old coworker but I don’t have to worry about anyone taking advantage of my folks either.

So anyway this goes great. She turns up once every week or so and does a solid job. And because my parents aren’t pricks they obviously have no issue with their daughter being here too. Seriously she just plays with the pups and does her homework it’s objectively insane to me her other clients would take issue with this.

And today she calls me and unfortunately her car broke down on the 294. So I let her use my AAA membership to sort that out. I wish her luck and just sorta presume that’s that for today. Told my parents not to expect her over car troubles.

She turned up on a god damn bicycle. She biked through this heat while the damn city is covered in smoking Canada with a camping bag full of cleaning supplies.

Now my reaction to this is, abject shock. And had presumed they must be really down bad for the money if she’s putting herself through this. So I reach out, very ignorantly I might add, explaining how ya know cash is kinda tight for mi familia right now (gotta love how pricey family tragedies are in the good ole US of A) but she doesn’t have to be doing all this.

And she was audibly offended I thought that’s what this was about. No. She agreed to do a job. We’ve honored our side of the bargain. So she is duty bound to honor hers.

I was speechless. Like I’m part Austrian, I thought I had a solid work ethic but God. Damn. Well alright.

Seriously get bent if you have a problem with these people. Everybody so down in the dumps about the state of this country. Meanwhile she’s out here actually starting a successful growing buisness while making sure her daughter gets her education. Completely in it to win it.

Mark my words if those xenophobic lunatics got their way this country would collapse overnight. If I had medals I’d award her one. That like completely shook me because clearly I haven’t been trying hard enough.

2 Likes

Woof.

I really gotta stop drinking the hard stuff. You really can’t mix that stuff with xoloft.

Waking up like;

Huh. Guess I tried to incite a holy war last night. That’s a new one”.

Just kinda in a mood because I’ve watched a trans comedian I’ve worked with get dragged for making a pronoun joke.

And then like. She’s trying to reason with the mob which is always a terrible idea.

I just can’t with these internet passive progressives. Like. They’re giving her the “punching up, punching down” BS. When if anything she punched herself lol

Like. What even.

1 Like

Ya know I’ve been trying to get into that ASMR thing to help sleep and I’m just not getting it.

I mean I’ve now fortified my bedroom and keep welding loose scrap metal to my car now. Which is certainly an effect. But it’s definitely not helping with sleep.

1 Like

Your random reminder that rats are bebies;

2 Likes

Dude, you’re just pumpin’ out the good posts today.

1 Like

I have friend who has not played WoW for ages, but they left me access to their account. I log on it now and then for random prizes , incase they ever decide to play again. Like a while back Blizzard gave away free level boosts to unsubbed accounts. Nabbed those for my friends account.

During the Diablo event , I figured I would use a Trial Alt on his account to try to get some toys or something. And I actually got the Tyrael’s charger on my friends unsubbed account….

That was sort of bitter sweet - I didn’t get it to drop for me, but I did actually see it drop- just on a friends unsubbed account that may never be subbed again.

Seeing it at the Trading Post makes me feel a little less bad about not seeing it drop for myself.

1 Like

I’d just like to extend my fulsome neighborly support of Canada’s… well it’s not independence they still have weird inbred ghouls on their money.

Uh. Idk. Happy whatever it is you people do up there.

2 Likes

We mostly just do the same thing Americans do on the 4th but just a little less patriotic.

I am going to a lawn party later to ugh … socialize. But it will be nice to see some friends I haven’t seen in a while.

1 Like

We get irresponsibly, like ‘mom is scared’ level, drunk then decide to play around with cheaply made explosives ranging from harmless sparklers too…

It’s profoundly fun and the best argument for some kinda divine blessings over my country. Because it’s actively amazing to me I’ve played with essentially dynamite while being blackout drunk and still have all my appendages.

This is the month of hang-gliding over hell in a parka for me.

Honestly, the quietest part is my day job because beer and kombucha are ready in advance, and I have most everything kegged that will be. So my main job this weekend is refilling the kombucha crocks at job A and at job B, powerwashing and polishing the world so that when people look in at the maze of stainless steel tanks and then turn to the host and ask, “Where do you get your beer?” they’re hopefully blinded by the shine.

Because part C is the tourists. And the locals. And Alaskan summer, because oh my 'Lanta, it is not safe out there and we KEEP. GETTING. CALLS. Mostly at 2am. Also I don’t get to ride the fire truck in the parade because it’s one of my EMS shifts, and my HARUMPH levels are hard to overstate. Didn’t even want to ride in a silly parade blowing the siren anyway.

Also I want a nether drake. So around that, I need to chase those sweet sweet gamer points. Whatever. It’s all fun. My blood is mostly coffee. We’re fine. It’s fine.

1 Like

They are sweet. My memory is hazy at best, but finding those eggs in the BC grind all those years ago sticks out.

If older flying mounts are ever rigged for dragon flying, I would be glad to use my old school netherdrake. My Druid main uses that as his flying mount, still - when I feel lazy and don’t want to flap my wings in flight form.

This Trading Post mount will suffice.

Some mfers just cannot not be trusted with explosives. How do they screw up so badly?

When I was a preteen we used to have “wizard battles”. That’s when you fight eachother by firing bottle rockets aimed through PVC pipes.

It was perfectly safe. We had garage lids as shields.

Look I’m aware of stuff like the Pink Tax and that’s bogus but frankly women get to smell like things. Lavender, vanilla, roses etc.

Meanwhile I gotta make do with ish called like “Sports Rush” or “Elite Athlete Spice”.

What does that even mean? WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN?!.

How in the name of God am I supposed to know what an abstract concept smells like?!

1 Like