Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

A lot of the design elements of Shadowlands were awesome. TBH I liked all of the zones pretty equally although Ardenweald and Revendreth were probably my favourite by a hair. I agree that Ardenweald could’ve stood to have more variety and some of the fae were a bit too cringe at times but being a bit of a forest recluse myself has me always feeling bias toward any enchanted forest zones. I think I would’ve liked it a lot better had they leaned more heavily on the ‘winter’ theme that was there in name only. A snow covered fae forest would’ve been a dream.

It’s a shame the story that brought us there and throughout the main campaign was so lame. There are lots of things that I loved especially character-wise. Stewards, Dredgers, Stoneborn and Tirnenn were some of my favourite races introduced and they were excellently designed. Not to mention seeing some old favs like Vashj!

2 Likes

I for one liked all the Covenants except Revendreth and in that case it could have been resolved if there were glowing Red Pools of Anima.

I liked Maldraxxus’s Swamps of Green Liquid Necromantic Death though I did wish there could be Maldracite Outcrops(Maldracite are Dark Green Crystals of Necromantic Death).

As for things the other Zones needed: Bastion and Ardenweald needed Elementals made of their respective Anima.

Besides the lack of Elementals the Zones of Bastion and Ardenweald were beautiful.

Bastion had beautiful locales that I wish had more love(by which I mean Questlines): the Cliffs of Respite and the Shimmering Pools for instance.

1 Like

I gotta learn not to open my dumb mouth. Was here complaining about how little work I had to do then, with a curling on the finger of a monkey’s paw, I got a massive amount.

Not that I’m complaining desperately needed the money but yowza. This whole year has just been a rollercoaster while wearing a blindfold for me lol

At any rate I’ve actually fallen in love with Worgen Druid. And it speaks volume that I legitimately forgot this was even an option until I looked up what the deal with that autumn styled tree form is.

And after extensive research I’ve some suggestions on how to better portrary the Deathguard.

So look forward to that I guess?

3 Likes

Side note, someone more talented than me do this but in regards to Stormwind;

1 Like

I do love the Zev. And Worgen druids.

2 Likes

I still use Dredgeworth to this day.
I’m frustrated that dragonflying despawns him, though.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I’ve also circled back to my Worgen Druid as of late. Worgen Druid has always been the most ‘me’ (reclusive forest goth with chickens and a pumpkin patch) in terms of class flavour but I’ve always struggled being ‘good’ at playing Druid in general.

Not sure if they buffed them recently or if the gear from Zaralek made the difference but I feel like my stars are landing extra blammy and I’m REALLY digging the ‘Calm the Wolf’ ability they recently added. It makes it seem like my Moonkin form is an astral wolf lady until I shift back to an unassuming human. I’ve always liked treating Worgen form as a bonus shapeshift, what’s not to like about that?

1 Like

Plus Druid mog is chefs kiss to boot.

This is Nithae posting on my druid for… reasons.

1 Like

It just scratches an itch for me.

As if I’m going to play a duck mothering werewolf- then I kinda want to be able to use fangs and claws to tear enemies to shreds. And about the best I managed was Fury Warrior and Outlaw Rogue with mogged claw weapons.

And that was fun mind you. But one spec is pretty limiting.

Druids been fun so far. But WoW Druids kinda amuse me as like Tauren and Worgen already seem much more formidable than a bear or cat. Hell even the Kaldorei and Trolls are both like 8ft tall chads, same with the Zandalari and Kul Tirans.

Like idk I’d probably take my chances with a mountain lion over a werewolf or minotaur. And yeah I get they’re magic animals but it’s funny to me that your beast mode gets objectively smaller with no change to how many claws and sharp teeth you already had.

1 Like

Tamred here, contributing to the Worgen Druid vein of discussion with nothing substantial.

2 Likes

I just finished watching the Flash movie a little while ago. It’s fine but I don’t think it lives up to its potential. The cool parts are seeing Keaton’s Batman and Superwoman, who are great, with some other cameos at the end. The CGI is atrocious though, it’s the worst I’ve seen in awhile. I rate the movie 7/10.

I’m not seeing it. The random clips I’ve seen on social media are too funny to ruin with something like context.

But I do get why WB just zipped it on IRL Grand Theft Auto character Ezra Miller. Because as I understand it the movie has so much Miller that there’s actually a second, additional Miller for the run time.

And really I think it’s wildly irresponsible they’d release that in Hawaii without forewarn. Audiences in Honolulu gotta be sitting there like;

It’s not a must see unless you’re a DC or Keaton fan. Ezra Miller does play two versions of Barry Allen at the same time throughout most of the movie, which actually works out good. The director is definitely wrong about someone else not being able to play the character though, before he meets his other self Barry Allen seems like a weirdo and I think a lot of that is because of the actor. TBF I got to the movie late and arrived at the part where Barry is called by his dad before he timetravels for the first time, so the way the character acts might not be so strange if the movie is watched from the start. I also don’t like how they handle the multiverse in the movie, how things change doesn’t make sense and it feels like random stuff changes for the sake of having cool aspects happen.

1 Like

Looks like my previous dog

1 Like

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/secrets-of-the-obscure/

According to the Website the Kryptis are invading.

Needless to say the Kryptis have nothing to do with the rest of the Game and the official Website says the rest of the Story will be told later on.

The Kryptis clearly must merely be a means of introducing the Players to the setting containing the real threat just as Balthazar was a means of introducing the Players to Kralkatorrik.

My question is when we’re going to get more rats. And, ideally, rats driving tiny cars.

What? It’s scientifically accurate.

2 Likes

Probably when we get playable Troggs

I guess we just have to live with the Ratstallion mount and the few companion pets there are for now.

My favorite thing about that study is the rats kept getting into cars without the need for treat rewards. They apparently just loved cruising.

Which I think begs an important question;

Why hasn’t all competitive sports been supplanted by watching rat racers drag race tiny sports cars around increasingly elaborate race tracks?

Nothing but our own foolishness is stopping rats from drifting tiny cars around sharp dollhouse street corners while this blairs;

1 Like

Looking at these Cutscenes makes me realize Darth Malgus’s plan as well as the Immortal Emperor’s Secret Plan.

Malgus’s plan is obviously to make his own version of the Emperor’s Children. Sahar Kateen(who is being lured into creating Malgus’s Voice out of her brother) will be the means by which he means to spread out his consciousness throughout the Galaxy as Sith Emperor Vitiate’s consciousness had spread out within the Emperor’s Children.

Of course the technique shown by the Holocron will also awaken the Emperor inside the Alliance Commander. It always was suspicious that there was a voice reminding you that you were the Alliance Commander and telling you to get the Holocron inside your head.

I suspect that voice was Emperor Vitiate himself and was simply brainwashing Valkorion into thinking he was you so that he could trick you into copying his own personality onto Valkorion(making Valkorion think he was Vitiate) so that you could kill him in order to make everyone think that Vitiate was dead when infact he was alive.