Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Just something to keep in mind is that no matter the race you play, you’re always going to run into some weird people who just have no self awareness of why saying certain things are wrong or inappropriate to say to someone

I mean, of course. I’ve played WoW for over 15 years so I have had no shortage of weird/inappropriate interactions. I think it was mostly the reception of other players of me being a Vulpera and other Vulpera players inappropriate conduct after being one for like 3 days that threw me for a loop.

Being on Moon Guard in general has desensitized me to people’s whacky behavior but I thought it was interesting how it centered around Vulpera of all races. I didn’t realize they were so disliked by the general Horde populace and also somehow sexualized for some of those that play them.

For someone like me who solo plays in my own little world, it has been a fairly off-putting experience.

1 Like

It’s certainly weird and funny because I’ll often hang out outside of GS just because my friend plays ally and likes to chill there with friends, I’ll bring a few elixir of tongues and hang with ally people, I’ve had more positive interactions with the opposite faction as opposed to my own.

Which is why I think blizz needs to lower the faction barrier and just let us play where we like

2 Likes

Hewwo Yiffae! Sexy tail UwU gonna do wubby wubbies!

3 Likes

I’ve been looking at videos of Terraria’s Devourer of Gods and have imagined some extremely adaptive assimilator Worm entity devouring Gods to gain their powers and when the entity got to the massive Multi-dimensional Eldritch Abominations it simply used it’s dimensional powers to tear through the flesh of multiple massive Multi-dimensional Eldritch Abominations at once thus having their essences blend into an indistinct mess fighting itself for control preventing the Eldritch Abominations from gaining any power over the Worm trying to assimilate them until it reaches the point where it can devour them all completely.

In otherwords the Worm would be exploiting the same thing that keeps the Chaos Gods of Warhammer 40K from controlling the Daemon Princes of Chaos Undivided so that it can fully assimilate every Interdimensional Eldritch Space God in the Universe and Multiverse as far as it is able.

The reason it’s flesh would be able to handle that is that it moved up the ladder when assimilating Gods starting with Demigods. The horror of the Interdimensional Eldritch Space Gods who exist in multiple dimensions when they realize that something capable of devouring them for power exists would be hilarious.

Does such a concept sound frightening?

I made a thread about it, but I want everyone to know that I’m still the same Rahkari that’s been posting here. I just transferred back to my home server of Wrymrest Accord and my original name was taken, so I had to get clever with it a little :blush::+1::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The submarine imploded.

1 Like

This is Cursewords on my Alliance Monk.

I usually listen to Kill Bill related songs when I do LFR or other casual stuff with this Alt. I am glad there is a wealth of fan made stuff.

This is my “selling stuff in the Proudmoore AH” theme:

1 Like
1 Like

Can’t believe a random right-wing GD troll I blocked came to the story forum lounge to quote me for some reason.

2 Likes

This is my official Dawnsong mourning post.

Come back to us yee of fleeting glory.

Metal Gear Solid is about to become reality

2 Likes

You either get it or you don’t :rofl::sunglasses:

Update on Skyblivion.

1 Like

I get why people don’t like Shadowlands but I’m always confused af when people say they don’t like Maldraxxus or Revendreth. Both zones were great and the cast for both were good.

Admittedly, Revendreth’s cast was far more primo A+++ than Maldraxxus’s, but still.

1 Like

I suppose that was the beauty of Shadowlands Covenants. Other than the Covenant abilities sort of making the choice for many folks… there were different aesthetics to immerse oneself.

Malxdraxxus was fun, the story and characters were great. I just didn’t like the place. It felt like living on some giant’s nasty oily skin, combined with a desert. Maybe more edgelordy metal types would enjoy it, but it reminded me too much of the desert I see every day.

Revendreth was right up my alley. Sprawling expanse of Castle and castle like stuff. The music fit perfectly. It was like a Tim Burton movie, from the characters, to the music, to the set pieces.

Bastion was pretty boring. Pretty but boring. I don’t know who likes that place. Anduin fans? Fans of the stewards? Those little guys are adorable.

Ardenweald was fine, just a bit too cutesy. I like forests and enchanted woods but this one was too… blue. Monochromatic. Not my cup of tea, but others love it.

3 Likes

For me, Maldraxxus was great due to the NPCs there. They all had unique and quite fun personalities for the most part. I really enjoyed the creepy vibe of Maldraxxus too. It was certainty different compared to the other zones we dealt with

I mostly agree with you both. The zones were great, save Bastion (though it wasn’t bad). I actually liked the scenery in Maldraxxus. It was kinda “edgelordy metal” but I feel like it had a sense of humor about it. I’m from the swamps and bayous of the Mississippi delta flood plain, so it’s very different from my home terrain. I actually liked the color palette of Ardenweald, a sort of cerulean counterpart to the verdant green of living nature, but yes, the cute overload needed to be toned down a bit. Like Maldraxxus, I think it was part of the zone not taking itself too seriously, but it was just a tad much.

3 Likes