Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

She appears to believe that you are victim-blaming her for the kind of work she performed.

Thereā€™s no point at which an analysis of Amouranthā€™s actions makes ā€œsheā€™s lyingā€ a plausible explanation. All evidence indicates that this is a move done out of desperation and she is a victim.

I feel very comfortable initially assuming allegations are true for the purposes of offering comfort and support. Other actions require more evidence, but also none of those things are particularly in my power to grant. I have never and likely will never deal with Amouranth in any way. But I have interacted with, and will interact in the future with, people who have been victims of awful situations of their own, and it is important as a general principle that I do whatever I can to make victims feel like they will be treated with respect and care rather than suspicion.

Deferring to a court of law is a standard that makes sense on paper, but the court system is derived from court systems, plural ā€“ each one has different standards of evidence. The standard of evidence we use for criminal punishment is not the standard we use for civil restoration is not the standard we use to begin an investigation.

Furthermore, anyone whoā€™s spent any time in law school, or criminology, or any other form of interaction with the criminal law system should know that the criminal law system is exceedingly uneven and frequently fails victims. It is biased towards Blackstoneā€™s ratio, which is well and good when withholding punishment, but is terrible when discussing how to handle the people harmed. And of course, I would be remiss not to even mention the well-known systemic biases an ostensibly blind system has housed for hundreds of years. Especially with regards to intimate partner violence ā€“ I want to be careful how much I talk about that off-the-cuff, because itā€™s been a long time since I studied it or worked in the field and last time I weighed in heavily, I got a rightly-deserved verbal thrashing from a friend whoā€™s a full-time lawyer in the field. But suffice to say there are known problems.

8 Likes

I recall hearing similar claims about the Blizzard lawsuit itself.

2 Likes

Usually, youā€™re re supposed to believe the victim until evidence says otherwise, and Amouranth is a victim.

Not really sure what Curses problem is, or why Doness is taking petty shots at Ren for some reason, when this isnā€™t about either one of them.

Canā€™t you guys for just ONE DAY, stopped acting like children and slinging insults at each other? How hard is it to put each other on ignore and move on?

Itā€™s this childish behavior that drives people away from this forum. Grow the hell up.

She attenpted to pretend to be a victim once again, and lied about me again. I will take as many shots as I feel like.

You donā€™t get to play the peacemaker Micah, you poured gasoline on this bridge donā€™t try to repair it now.

I donā€™t give a damn about you Ren. Youā€™re a cancer on this forum.

This isnā€™t about you or Doness. Iā€™m not mad at Doness. I just wish you two would put each other on ignore and move on

4 Likes

Be the change you want to see.

When you called me a cold hearted monster, did I lob an insult at you? No. I just said people will react to me as they will.

You call for peace when it suits you, little panda, but you are quick enough to insult.

I will NEVER reply to her again. Swear to god, my final reply.

1 Like

Because it was kind of childish of you to claim Amourath was doing this for clicks. So no, Iā€™m not going to apologize to you about your own behavior

I did not ask for an apology. Say what you will.

You are the one talking about ceasing the childish insults while you fling them.

I am just pointing out that I did not insult you, even as you insulted me. Look in the mirror as you accuse people of using childish insults, because you are doing it. And you are doing it unapologetically.

If you want less insults, be the change. Or be part of the problem you lament.

Iā€™m not mad at you Doness or anything. Just seems silly when the topic isnā€™t about anyone here is all :dragon:

1 Like

You coming off as heartless isnā€™t my problem Curse. Thatā€™s yours. Really too bad if you donā€™t like it.

As I said, I am fine that you are a hypocrite. You whine about the forums being filled with name calling, while you yourself are shoveling the insults.

It just shows you can not even be consistent with yourself within the span of a few posts.

You are the one whining :

Yeah, how diplomatic and mature of you. Take your own advice.

This is my summoning call

1 Like

THIS reminded me of this lol

https://twitter.com/pulazthi/status/1580874073927995392?s=46&t=De7_LxHX28AkJL29-t3z1A

WE ARE literally opposites I think, I take anything asoiaf a little more serious than any Tolkien related stuff, I kinda wish HOTD/GOT show fans would be less casual by just a smidge like just look into things a little bit like the people who after 8 seasons who still think Daenerys is named Khaleesi irk me like step it up just a tiny bit, and Tolkien fans imo could stand to loosen up and view the show more casually, thats just my two scents though.

2 Likes

Dogs are objectively weird.

Hereā€™s my mutant gray wolf bred over centuries to become essentially a living weapon, perfected to slay boar in the swamps of New Orleans.

Anywho imma let this semi feral killing machine Iā€™ve at best tenuous command over lick your face like a lolipop. And itā€™ll probably be fine. Because for whatever reason Iā€™ve needed to comfort this apex predator when she farted too loud and scared herself awake.

3 Likes

Honestly I enjoy both for different reasons. It might just be cause Iā€™m a Libra but thereā€™s beauty in both formats.

2 Likes

happy belated Birthday.

1 Like

The way she yeeted him like ā€œbegone thot!ā€

1 Like