Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Like I really stan Rings of Power its fun idk what’s going on I have a general casual knowledge of the franchise and actually I wouldn’t have liked it if it took itself too serious its enjoyable and yeah

HOTD I also huge fan of, but my mood is totally different vibe I’m like pressed stressed in a panic defending my favs if that makes sense,

2 Likes

Tonights episode was super cringe but the last 5 minutes made it worth while to see The Red Queen.

1 Like

Well as an Alicent stan I am ready for the episode titled the green council , although I heard rumors of something I am going to find cringe earlier in the week and I truly hope it isn’t true.

This will be your vibe next week I feel like next week def won’t be for the greens LOL

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/600820360564178954/1028701428702781481/IMG_2969.jpg

Also I’m probably gonna watch tonight’s episode in a bit I’m like reading about bravo con on twitter rn so not really in a HOTD mood yet

1 Like

I am tired. My usual D&D game runs five hours, we ran eight today to finish off a big arc. Players loved it, managed to hit the right balance of ‘immersively hard’ and ‘fun’, which is always rough in a plot-heavy game. The bad guy knew they were coming and prepared but I used, well, trash mobs to build up their egos going into the final fight.

Even got a cinematic “everyone get out before this place explodes”. They beat the timer by a round.

5 Likes

that will be my vibe!

This episode actually made me feel bad for Alicent. She loved her husband, she doesn’t deserve to be surrounded by creeps (even her own dad!) and holy Crispon really dirtied that white cloak didn’t he?! it takes Martin’s “White Knight” to a whole new level. The hypocrisy! Social media will be buzzing until next week for sure. Did we really need that Larys scene?

1 Like

Oh dear the rumors were true im bracing myself

On a total side note spoilers for cause opinion for how it all ends

Summary

I really hate what happens to Jaehaera too, I mean what happened to both her siblings goes without saying I feel bad for, and Aegon III’s trauma and the list goes on and on really but I feel like it would have or could have been like a small light of compromise to have Aegon and Jaehaera ruling together and I fully blame that Peake regent of Aegon’s for her death

1 Like

I really hope they find a way around Blood and Cheese. Martin may have a thing for sadistic gratuitous violence but this is even worse than the Red Wedding.

1 Like

I hope they don’t show the scene honestly but I also don’t want them to absolve Rhaenyras side of things they do

HBO official twitter released a cute little zodiac who is most like your sign thing

https://twitter.com/HBOMaxNordic/status/1581583480286511104?s=20&t=vmK_pQ9COyswsznUfzlP0g

I literally was so mad I got Daemon like SO MAD.

Though it seems they kinda got inspired by a fans tweet of the same vibe bcz
https://twitter.com/oochotd/status/1580609596162334720?s=20&t=f4dGwRiK3Je-xHRRRYvo2A

^I like this one better at least, I got Rhaenys, Jace, Aemma, and Tyland Lannister

1 Like

I’m a Leo so if I don’t get Lannister the test is wrong.

Criston is a Taurus laughs out loud my ex is a Taurus, that tracks.

Daemon! are you kidding me…

1 Like

I’m a Leo too!!!

Leo Sun Venus and Mercury

Scorpio moon

Cancer rising

RIGHT I was … aghast

1 Like

Sun Leo

Moon Cancer

Leo Rising

I can relate to Laenor with my moon. My aries is in Venus too, when you have the God of War in your house of Love he’s not easily appeased.

1 Like

Yeah they are different vibes.

I play LOTRO sometimes. Very casually. That franchise has a light hearted vibe. The music and towns. The other players running around. I think especially because Shadowlands was dour and glum in the most tedious way possible, Middle Earth seems like a nice place to visit now and then.

Game of Thrones is usually more serious. Different themes are explored, even if they both have dragons and magic. It actually reminds me of some of Tolkien’s more grim tales, like the Children of Hurin. That story rivals anything in GoT as far as grim. That would make a good show. But again, the whole issue about rights.

Edit: hey that was my 10,000th post. Whoa.

1 Like

I knew I liked you!!

I love other Leos, I love Aries and Sag too cause fire signs, anyone with any water placements literally scorpio / pisces / cancer I love sm besties, and then Libras are the one air sign I also love (my mars is in libra)

I don’t always get along w Aquarius’s / Geminis I think but nothing against them obviously just when I find out I’m always like oh makes sense, and the earth signs I’m always neutral on tbh like idk.

But sounds like you have a lot of fire and water placements like me!

Never played LOTRO but I heard its like a cutie vibe / community of players tbh

Are we classifying ASOIAF as low fantasy? I personally do- but I’ve had people like ready to contest that only because dragons / magic exist, but to me I still think its a low fantasy setting idk I think I like what ever vibe it is overall more though.

It sounds nice tbh, I was skeptical of Rings only because I have a bad impression of Tolkien fans but I really liked it, I hope if you are watching or did watch that you enjoyed it!

3 Likes

Idk about what the moon says about my personality but apparently I’m a Scorpio which is dope af as he’s my favorite characters from Street Figher.

“Come over here!”

Then he goes Scorpo mode and Scorps all over 'em. So cool.

3 Likes

Is anyone here into MBTI as well.

In terms of horoscope I tend to be chill with all except for Aqu/Gem/Cap.

A lot of bad experiences with Geminis in general. Like it’s not like I hate them, but there’s a bit of a two-faced side to them (especially in friend groups) that makes me lose respect for them. Then they probably start to notice I’m shutting them out and it doesn’t go well lol

My understanding is its like your more hidden or private personality / what you identify w as more when you’re alone, so its more like emotions / reactions, thats as best or the most I understand of it. Also like your emotional safety / security idk I’m probably not the best to explain it.

I feel like May Geminis I have never had a issue w take from that what you will :sob: and even June Geminis are fine just if I have an issue its like definitely always there.

We’re literally the same I would say I am good w Cap though maybe Taurus I can kinda see issues w idk it depends but you listed my main two I conflict w LOL.

I kinda wanna know more now, cause I never looked into anything for me but I am like so fascinated w self reflection, I’m always for any learning experience or insight in self reflection.

Also update just finished the episode - thoughts below

Summary

Not even acknowledging the cringe issue I’m removing it from my mind. That said as a Alicent fan I kinda was expecting to love the episode and I wasn’t disappointed, I love a good power grab. The soldiers scene having the people come see Aegon II as Princess Rhaenys is in the crowd and she’s looking on while the royal wheelhouse goes by and they screamed “MAKE WAY FOR THE ROYAL WHEELHOUSE” I said I KNOW THATS RIGHT. I wasn’t thrilled w the Rhaenys get away like I knew she would get away but I feel like a mass tragedy (people dying as a dragon attacked) at Aegon’s coronation was new like I had to take it in.

Additionally HBO MAX was having some like hiccups I was like come on you can do it get through the episode, so annoying I remember this happened w Euphoria too like loading idk

1 Like

I had the opposite effect. I hated Alicent even more after this episode. That fact that she blatantly lied about what Viserys said was soo manipulative of her.

I do love that Rhaenys crashed the coronation on dragon back at the end though. I was like You go girl! :dragon:

From your friendly neighborhood panda :smiley:

1 Like

I’m an INFJ.

My sun and my moon are in their natural homes in my chart I think that means I’m pretty balanced even for a Leo and I’m a july Leo so sometimes I skew more Cancer.

I like to think water moons (cancer, scorpio, pisces) are dreamers.

I literally yelled Dracarys! When Rhaenys has them cornered, but that would have been a bad idea she just would have martyred them.

The show of power was better. It’s I will not be intimidated, I will be the one who makes you feel scared. she’s really turning into one of my favorites.

yass queen give them hell!

The thing that makes me kind of empathize with Aegon and Aemond is that they both have mommy issues because Alicent was an emotionally absent parent. Neither would be as bad if they were actually given attention and affection. Aegon ran away and hid like a little boy because he was scared. Little Aemond though, I wanted to mother that little boy when he said “they gave me a pig!” He just needs a hug and some reassurance. Aegon got verbally and physically abused, poor boys.

I think going forward in the season I will be drawn to Aemond ships because he’s that kind of sensitive girl kryptonite, I sympathize with any woman (looking at you Alys Rivers) who will try to “save” him. I already know I’m probably going to ship it. The irony of it all, he’ll get a "Strong "of his own, the hypocrite.

I already know I am going to love/hate the Witch Queen of Harrenhall. She’s based on Anne Bathory who is one of my favorite historical figures and one of the inspirations for Dracula.

If my ships confirm one thing it’s I’m a monster fer.

1 Like