Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I just got the Cartel Master’s Gearglider mount.

5 Likes

Nice job! :dragon:

1 Like

I just started watching it today, and I don’t want to get all poetic but you know when some fiction just hits too close to the mark that you are kind of taken aback because it feels like more than a coincidence.

There’s a scene in 1.03 that felt like a splash of cold water for me. not many people will get this. I can’t even find a clip of the scene just a giftset

https://at.tumblr.com/bluetiefling/the-rings-of-power-season-1-episode-3-but-at-the/tf4zcjcxj4nx

This scene was all I needed, and I think I needed to find this. When he puts out his hand like how she pulled him onto the ship, secretly puts her dagger in her hand and says “At the very least, do not try to make any new enemies.”

That’s it, my soul belongs to the Dark Lord.

There’s something old and primal and archetypal in this ship. like I’m not afraid of the darkness in him because the same darkness is in me.

1 Like

Overall I think Rings of Power was nice to watch like it felt more like a feel good show or positive vibes to it.

Not to compare it because totally different just comparing my experience watching but HOTD I’m stressed out every Sunday and then arguing w people on twitter about it.

Sad that season is ending too since HBO shows take forever to make apparently waiting and waiting for them. But happy I know YouTube and TikTok will be flooded w better edits once people have the full season to work with, I’m tired of the current edits being to the same scenes lol.

2 Likes

it’s a shame that both Rings of Power and House of the Dragon are being pitted against eachother for raitings because they are both really good shows. But If only one deserves to survive I hope it’s RoP.

I just can’t properly express how much I love Rings of Power.

1 Like

I have to be biased and say HOTD even if overall my experience watching Rings was more pleasant if only bcz I’m not as into Tolkien- which mostly stems from anytime I’ve seen people be happy or excited about ASOIAF I always see the most extreme Tolkien fans insert themselves w a thesis statement on why they think Tolkien is better and it’s like who asked.

I like that both shows had diverse casting.

But yeah I like them both and hope they both continue to great success HOTD just stresses me out more.

I am interested to see if the time wait for ROP is as long as HBO shows see waiting usually. Like I think Rings already started filming or about to filming again idk(?)

1 Like

I’m not looking forward to this weeks episode of HotD, it’s moving too fast and people keep dying.

2 Likes

House of the Dragon seems like a really good show I’d really like to get into, but every time I think about it I find myself not really in the mood for a kind of downer medieval political intrigue murder-and-incest style show. That’s not a condemnation of the show I just never seem to be in the right headspace for it.

Mostly enjoyed Rings of Power, except for that really weirdly paced finale was kind of mid

1 Like

Well, I’m glad we’re finally talking Rings of Power because I really enjoy the show whereas House of the Dragon turned out to be such a massive disappointment for me.
I fully expected RoP to be bad as well because everyone seemed to hate on it but then it just wasn’t. Like, not at all.
(Probably helps that I’m not a Tolkien lore expert and thus not easily upset about inconsistencies. Never read the books, only watched the movies )

2 Likes

I’m exactly the same, I read the trilogy when i was a teen but I was more obsessed with the movies. The movies were a staple to my teen years. My sister’s prom dress was forest green lace, and I kept it and fashioned an elf dress out of it as one of my earliest cosplays. I would run around in it in my local forest (before Cosplay was a respected thing)

1 Like

I’m intrigued by this upcoming episode tbh.

I wanna see how they play this event.

1 Like

That’s really cool and romantic! I never did such a thing, sadly. Living in a big city my “local forests” are mostly well frequented parks and I’m not that brave lol

2 Likes

I am not emotionally prepared. My youngest son looks too much like Lucerys. it’s not gonna be a good time lol.

1 Like

The elves really did the dwarves dirty didn’t they. Now I get the hositility to Thranduil.

1 Like

I’m already bracing myself for Heleanas pain.

1 Like

they already diverged from the books, so i hope the soften some of these blows or make the strong boys less dumb.

If anyone wants to watch a really cute and family friendly movie, guys should check our Raya and the Last Dragon

It’s a really good movie and has lots of funny parts to it too. It’s one of my favorite disney movie that came out in the last couple years

4 Likes

eh, I found the dragon in that movie extreemly annoying. Not a movie I would watch more than once.

Tolkien’s weird because I adore his writing style. His letters are great. In particular his response to N@ZI publishers is maybe one of my favorite uses of the English language. He just casually explains how stupid and malignant they are with such class.

But I’ve never been able to get into LOTR outside a few video games. It’s kinda like Blade Runner. That’s a movie that I respect but can’t get into. Because I saw stuff like Cowboy Bebop and Ghost In The Shell which took those ideas and ran with them long before I saw Blade Runner.

LOTR hits me in the same way. I can see the quality and respect it as a bedrock artistic masterpiece. But I’d played Morrowind and Warcraft before I saw any of the movies or the books. So stuff like Orcs being one dimensional villains just felt so flavorless to me.

1 Like

To be fair, the new show on Amazon and the movies don’t really do Tolkiens novels justice. They pale in comparison to the novels in a lot of ways.