Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I mean, you can technically still run them. I do it all the time on the companion mobile app :raccoon:

She’s also accused every guy here of some pretty vile things and outright lied about others. Psychotic is an understatement when it comes to her

1 Like

Don’t forget poor Ethriel.

1 Like

I feel bad for etheriel. Ren was one of her biggest abusers on here. Always picking petty fights over the dumbest stuff.

(Etheriel got the last laugh though, nearly everything she said came to pass in one form or another)

1 Like

We don’t know that.

We still have no idea why Ysera needs to return to Azeroth. If the reason is vital, then it’s not unnecessary.

I mean Dragonflight will not have mision tables. From what I have heard. So, I will miss the free gold.

People complain about mission tables for all sorts of reasons. To me, they always seemed like a little doodad that gave me gold if I clicked it a few times. But others hated it. So, Blizzard is gonna try ditching it for Dragonflight.

I loved using my phone to get gold while I was away from my desktop. I wonder what the phone app will even be for in Dragonflight? Scanning through Alts to see if they have a Medallion of the Legion in their Garrison Table to sell for 5k seems like the only use, if there is no current content mission table in Dragonflight.

2 Likes

Nope I do know that. Thats pretty much an absolute.

It absolutely does not matter. She has a kid that can take her place and as demonstrated several times now any one dragon can rise up to the mantle of an Aspect and do an aspect’s job.

Either you have a plot and you weave the characters around it to its final conclusion.
Or you have a character that you weave an entire plot revolve around them.
If Ysera was so integral for her to be alive then we should already know why her daughter is not enough to replace her.

But we don’t. So they are going to deliver the “reason” and resurrection within the same patch. This will be the same sort of plot delivery as Sylvanas who was a villain for gosh idk… like 3 expansions? With us having no idea why and then in one patch and a book we got lava eels. Wasn’t that worth waiting for???

Again, you don’t know that.

Unless you work for Blizzard and have an insider scoop on post-release DF content, you’ve got absolutely no clue about what’s coming or why Ysera needs to return. None. You can assume, but that’s all you’ve got, an assumption.

No I absolutely do. I am not kidding you.
For reasons I have already explained I know this as an absolute.

Bringing Ysera back is redundant.

Okay, so what’s the reason then?

I mean, if you know why Ysera needs to return, you should be able to tell us right? Since you clearly know and as a result you ‘know’ it doesn’t matter. By all means, enlighten us.

It’s the shadowlands gumball machine right? Shandris forgot to get one from Ardenweald and she wants Ysera to bring her one. Clearly.

Unless you can point out to lore that new aspects cannot do an aspect’s job then you would be right. Since we have ample lore that states the contrary then… you and blizzard are out of luck. :slight_smile:

Who said the reason had anything to do with the aspects job?

Again we do not know the reason why she has to return. It’s not mentioned in the dialogue, we haven’t seen the quests leading up to that dialogue. It may have absolutely nothing to do with her role as an aspect.

Again…

We
Do
Not
Know

You can make assumptions as much as you want, you can have your own theories, by all means, I encourage that, it’s nice to get an idea of what folks think connects moments of the story together or fills in the gaps that Blizzard leave in their work, but you are pretending as if you’ve managed to get some insider scoop to the story and that you definitively know, beyond any doubt, that Ysera returning is unnecessary.

You don’t know.

That’s what I draw issue with. Your playacting at having insider knowledge.

Because that is literally what the expansion is about.

Not saying I have insider knowledge and neither am I guessing.
Its just critical thinking and deduction + past experience with Blizzard.

Something will threaten the Emerald dream, blabla, we need Ysera. Why? Because Ysera is awesome thats why. Merithra? Who cares! she ain’t Kalec! she needs Ysera. We all need Ysera. 1 raid later the dream is fixed with the help of the champion and ysera.
That is a certainty and inevitable. If you want we can bet money on it.

I’ve made my point clear.

You don’t know.

If you want to assume the reasons based on your critical thinking and deduction by all means, and hey, you might actually be right. But until we know for sure, which we won’t until Dragonflight launches and we get into end-game story content, all you’ve got is assumptions.

And it’s fine to have them. It’s fine to be sure of yourself and your assumptions. But stop pretending it’s more than that.

I liked the Legion/BFA Mission tables. Too much to manage with the Garrison, random and math stuff for SL made me roll my eyes. But Legion/BFA, was nice to take a breather from work and set some missions.

Either I am right and its completely redundant to bring her back.
Or they are going to conjure up a reason to bring her back within the same patch.

Both eventualities means that bringing Ysera back would be bad narratively. Its a lose lose situation. Which Blizzard seems to love to do!

If I had to think of a non-Titan/Aspect type reason :

Perhaps a power boost to Malfurion. (Not that he needs one). Give him some legs - figuratively and literally. KotG style. Like Yanlar and those types in Ardenweald.

I am a Malfurion fan, so I am hoping this claptrap is about Maflurion seeing the breadth of eternity. And Ysera too.

I could be seeing it wrong. You may be right. It may be a redundant flavor swap.

1 Like

I’m not sure if even asking this is kosher, but what did Ren do that lead to this? I’m not a significant member of the forums, so I don’t really know most of the big-name posters.

You know what? I don’t need to know. I’m sorry for fueling instigation.

The bait here is likely not palatable.

Basically, that creature you mentioned is a mix of a compulsive and a pathological liar. It appears she assumed some of the people she mentioned would not be able to post the truth in reply to her lies.

But, for reference, I think one could start about here. This is where it starts unravel:

And then we have the replies :

It basically goes on from there, if one chooses to read it.

2 Likes

Oh my. Thank you.

1 Like