Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

If anyone was a fan of Danny Phantom, I just learned that they’re releasing a new comic that deals with a pretty major plot point.

2 Likes

Here’s a dancing cat, because it’s cute and adorable

4 Likes

Can someone put a Morgue on the 4th Floor of every Hospital and every Hotel?

4 means Death after all! Death is the 4th Horseman.

While we are at it put the Gameroom on the 2nd Floor and the Snack Room on any floor but the 4th and 3rd Floors(3rd Horseman is either Famine or Food Inflation).

Edit: In regards to theorizing since I am bored:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Higurashinonakakoroni/comments/xqxd96/higurashi_no_naku_koro_ni_rei_hoshiwatashi_92_end/

Oniokoshi-Hen seems to be the norm for Polaris and yet I remain unconvinced.

What if the Village that suffered from the Murder-Suicide mentioned in the ending narration of Hoshiwatashi-Hen was infact the real Hinamizawa?

What if the Rika seen in Hoshiwatashi-Hen is a Body Double who touched one of the Beads that helps Rika loop?

If indeed the case then Sakiko is possessed by Rika who is using her Sonozaki Affiliates to move everyone relevant to a fake Hinamizawa while hiring body doubles to pose as the Circle of Stars in order to fool the Holy Mother and convince her to move to the fake Hinamizawa.

The appearance of a fake Kisaku would be tantalizing bait for anyone thinking they’ve killed him.

Hanyuu would be stored on the first bead and possess the Body Double of Inori. Since Hanyuu is an expert in mind manipulation so Inori’s mother wouldn’t notice.

Of course such a crude attempt to fool the Holy Mother of Polaris surely wouldn’t work even if Inori’s mother vouches for an obvious fake so the Holy Mother surely would get a Body Double of her own that actually believes in Polaris’s mission statement of Pacifism.

That would also explain the Holy Mother of Polaris telling Inori that even if she leaves the compound she will still be Polaris for that would be the explanation the real Holy Mother of Polaris told her!

That explains the mysterious Virus symptoms of everyone in Hinamizawa. They left Hinamizawa to a fake and are succumbing to the Virus with only those in direct contact with Hanyuu(in the fake Inori’s Body) being protected. Only their return to Hinamizawa fixes the Virus.

Of course there is the possibility that the Holy Mother of Polaris is legitimate and the culprit is someone who knows about the fake loop and Rika’s location.

WoW, Nov 28th. Sooner than I expected.

And I did not expect Nozdormu getting face time on the ads.

https://07th-expansion.fandom.com/wiki/Oniokoshi-hen_Chapter_1?file=Oniokoshi_v1_c1_colored_page.png

The Inori of Oniokoshi has Brown Hair and Red Eyes while the Inori of Hoshiwatashi has Blue Hair and Gold Eyes…

https://07th-expansion.fandom.com/wiki/Hoshiwatashi-hen_Chapter_1?file=Hoshiwatashi_v1_c1_clean.jpeg

This sandwich is called the “Dangerwiche” because it’s supposed to be spicy. Pepperonis and banana peppers are not spicy.

1 Like

There’s a wide swath of the United States that considers mayonnaise to be spicy.

I am grateful that I do not live there.

5 Likes

Onto Umineko and Ciconia:

I strongly suspect that Ciconia and Higurashi Gou are the Aftermath of the True and(by Erika & Ange’s point of view though not Featherine & Bernkastel’s) Final Rokkenjima Massacre.

I suspect(by the fact she turns Bernkastel into a Cat while her attempts at finding the truth caused the death of Beatrice just as Kyrie was supposed to have killed Rosa & Lion/Beatrice in his/her Timeline where Lion is accepted by Natsuhi/Lambdadelta) that Ange was the Kyrie of the Massacre killing the King of Wrath using Red Truth while Erika did the same to the King of Ridicule. She also would shrink Bernkastel.

Eua would have been both the Kuwadorian Beatrice(when holding the name Oyashiro-Sama) & the Eva(after discarding the name after meeting Bernkastel) of the story and killed Vier Dreissig which would be followed by the King of Wrath killing the King of Sorrow.

The Game Master would zombify them later on but Ange & Erika would be busy killing all Knockoffs using Red Truth.

Rika who would have gone to the Fragment in hopes of reuniting with Hanyuu would be one of the Co-Authors of the Ciconia Fragment alongside Erika and Ange.

She would arrive when the Factory-Produced Body reached Rika’s Chronological Age.

The Real Hanyuu is in the Ciconia Fragment but be in stasis while Featherine would be used to fool Rika.

Ange would have been the Author of the Higurashi When They Cry Gou/Sotsu/Mei version of Rika and Eua would swipe the Novel and modify it so that Ange Rika goes to St. Lucia.

Eua killing Vier Dreissig would disconnect Satoko from the Satoko of the Higurashi Gou Fragments.

Satoko would find herself uploading herself into a younger Body and by the time she would have time to return the Red Truth Satoko would have already become a Witch.

Incidentally the Kinzo of the True & Final Rokkenjima Massacre would be Featherine sharing a Body with Rika who would have both her Ciconia body, Ikuko Hachijo and(during Higurashi When They Cry Mei for the first World) Ange-Rika’s Bodies to use.

Featherine would also have alongside Ikuko Hachijo the Gou Hanyuu as a Body until she is convinced to discard it like Rika does Ange-Rika(which naturally causes Satoko to bring her Real Body to the Ciconia Fragment since the excuse that Rika gave for her not doing that is no longer applicable).

What happens to Ange after Eua kills her? She winds up in Miyao Mitake alongside her Brother to Miyao’s chagrin.

Phase 2 will reveal this along with the True Rokkenjima Massacre while setting up the mystery that would be solved in Phase 3 & 4.

Umineko Gou would focus on revealing the truth of the Rokkenjima Massacre to Ange-Rika who would be given a convincing Red Hair Disguise and possibly in Ciconia Phase 3 or even 2 be forced to interface with Ange’s new Body once Ange & her Brother are removed from Miyao.

Rika/Chloe Ironside, Hanyuu, Featherine, Red Eyes Satoko and Satoko/Lambdadelta would be the Grave Moles while Ange, Ange-Rika, Maria-Hanyuu, Battler, Miyao Mitake, Bernkastel, Erika and Jayden would be Warcats with both groups trying to figure out who the Villain is.

INB4 someone says it is Eua or Une.

I am the most mild-tasted person in my family by far. I like the old, old style of Kimchi, pre-Japanese colonization, which has nothing spicy about it – in general, I mostly eat the old variations of Korean foods for similar reasons. I eat my tacos as mild as possible. I cried once when I ate Ghanaian meat pies because I could not handle it.

I moved out to that ‘wide swath of the United States’ and it is… an experience. For the first time in my life, I’m trying to get things spicier. I didn’t realize how high, in comparison, my level of spice tolerance is. I got some ‘jalapeno cheese sauce’ because I was desperate for something – anything – and I could maybe detect the flavor profile of the memory of one pepper. It was like the La Croix of capsaicin.

Have you ever had orange beef with nothing spicy in it? I mean, literally, nothing spicy? It is like eating your beef drenched in high fructose corn syrup. The danger peppers were part of the experience, gdi.

4 Likes

Is the alliance dead yet?

1 Like

You know the answer to this.

Does he though?

Personally I suspect it’s Jestress/Vier Dreissig who uploaded herself into a better Body and is implementing the unseen Land of the Golden Witch herself having changed her Hair to become Beatrice.

On death she like Beatrice will accept any Fragment and thus become Beatrice(possessing Sayo Yasuda, Eva & Takano Miyo) dragging Ange-Rika into a set of Murders where she adapts to any and all developments including ones instigated by Rika herself. Cue Umineko When They Cry Gou.

Sometimes I wonder if that might be some Soviet code. All those words are alien to me.

3 Likes

I read that and was like Where’s a code breaker when we need one?! :rofl:

1 Like

Yvenathiim is talking about the popular (though nowhere near at its apex atm) historical fiction (80s to late 90s) Visual Novel/Multimedia Umineko When They Cry. It literally translates to “When the Seagulls Cry.” If you recognize the word ‘neko’, by the way, the word in Japanese for seagull translates to something like ‘sea cat’, due to a particular species of gull native to the region that sounds quite like a cat with its cry.

Umineko is a murder mystery, about an extremely messed-up, wealthy family that is abusive towards each other and their children, provoked into a repeating mass-murder-suicide during a storm. It superficially is presented as a series of supernatural games between hotheaded, all-heart protagonist teenager Battler Ushiromiya and the witch Beatrice, but the reality of the conflict is simultaneously both much more mundane and much more fantastic than that. It has upbeats – plenty of them, but is fated to end in a depressing mind-screw narrative where both childish mistakes and callous cruelty are punished by death, and no romance ever really works out.

Due to the extremely complex plotting, despite this VN being presented as a game in-universe, there are virtually no decisions throughout the whole game.

it’s not really my thing – but I do love the music:
Dreamenddischarger - YouTube

Umineko When They Cry is the spiritual sequel to Higurashi When They Cry (Higurashi are crickets) and is a significant part of the Japanese pop culture phenomenon of the ‘repeating murder mystery’, where the same tragic event plays out in the deaths of all or most of the cast every time, though in very different ways.

3 Likes

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called “Sneed’s Feed & Seed”, where feed and seed both end in the sound “-eed”, thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was “Formerly Chuck’s”, implying that the two words beginning with “F” and “S” would have ended with “-uck”, rhyming with “Chuck”.

2 Likes

Better add in most of Europe too. They use mayonnaise instead of mustard because the latter is “too spicy.”

If it isn’t at least Habanero peppers, it isn’t spicy.

2 Likes

Don’t mind me. Just my daily fun of trying to cheer peeps up :smiley:

3 Likes