Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

My next semester is going to be very hard with brutal program and it’s starting this month :sob: hopefully I’ll survive it

5 Likes

In a mere 3-6 months, we will probably be allowed to play Zandalari and Kul Tirisians! I’m especially excited to see if my sub runs out before then!

1 Like

I got that pink crane pet on my Hunter back in MoP and named it after my cat. Used it for yearsssss until my cat died last year. I can’t bring myself to ever play anything but Lone Wolf MM just so I don’t have to be reminded of it lol.

3 Likes

You could go the other way. Tame a tiger/panther/whatever that looks like it, give it your cat’s name as well, and it will live on in WOW.

I’d recommend the new ROBOT-TIGERS.
~http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=mechanical

3 Likes

I managed to tame Loque on my NE hunter back in Wrath. I wasn’t even on my hunter at the time. There I was on my Draenei shaman, flying over Sholazar, and there he was in all his spirit beast glory. It was even one of the spawn points close to Nessingwary’s camp.

Taking a chance, I quickly logged into my NE hunter and flew out to Sholazar from Dalaran, praying the entire time nobody else tamed or killed him. And there he was. I’ve never tamed a pet so fast in my life. lol. Named him Loki.

Did I get lucky? You bet I did. I’ve never seen him since, no matter how many times I’ve been to Sholazar. Good luck finding him.

3 Likes

That’s… actually a good idea. Better to immortalize her as an actual cat instead of ignore her as a crane :upside_down_face:

Is there anything I need to do to get robot pets or can you just go tame them right away?

1 Like

As a gnome (or gob), you can automatically tame mechanical pets. All other races to to get a crafted book. What color was your cat? Or will you just get whatever one looks cool?

1 Like

She was a tuxedo cat. I’ve never seen a Hunter with a tuxedo looking cat so I’m going to assume they don’t exist. I could settle for all black.

There are a lot of cat options, not even counting spirit beasts and mechanicals.

~http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=cat

1 Like

Awesome. I’ll pick out a new kitteh when I get home. Thank you for assisting me with my emotional pain, Haha.

1 Like

Ended up using my free thing at level fifty in FF14 to change my Elezen to a Au Ra. Feels like it just fit the name and being a Samurai since they’re from Doma. The job feels better than Monk so far. Just better damage, less random buttons (so far), and don’t have the positional concerns.

Decided I would somewhat level a Miqo’te Ninja as well, but less sure now. You can’t start Rogue, which you for Ninja, and have to grab it at level ten of another job. But unlike Samurai where you require level fifty and start at level fifty, you require level ten and it starts again at level one. I guess it isn’t a huge deal, and I think there’s some catchup mechanic anyway. But just slightly bothersome.

2 Likes

I’m back. Went to Cancun, saw the Mayan ruins, went to the beaches, water parks, and found I’m allergic to Seafood.

Also, thank you Hanashi for the suggestions. I’m making a meme template focus on the spy life.:slightly_smiling_face:

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I’m very excited to see Zandalari Paladins running around! Though I am a little bummed that they can’t become Warlocks. Will have to settle for a Mage in lots of edgy cosplay xD

I’ve done this a few times with mini-pets, since you can rename them. It’s always a sweet surprise when they get randomly summoned, worth a smile and a fond memory. Best of luck finding the perfect fit for her in-game!

You may find that your existing Au Ra character is pretty fitting for a Ninja as well, if you’d like to save the pain of leveling a new character. They’re actually introduced to the plot during level 50 patch content in the context of a Doman import, building off of the existing Rogue culture in Limsa. I love how they’re introduced, too, with a Lominsan character and a Doman character showing off their skills in an action-packed cutscene.

The patch content in general (which I am working through now myself) is really really good. There’s a very realistic political climate to go alongside the usual go-beat-up-this-monster stuff. Makes it easy to get invested in the unfolding plot!

Holy moly, that sounds like a dream come true! Minus the allergies part, of course. I’m allergic to a bunch of foods myself, so I feel your pain. But wow, Mayan ruins… that must have been incredible! I’m sure you made lots of fond memories ^.^

Aw snap, that sounds super neat. Hope it finds success!

2 Likes

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/02/health/china-lunar-rover-far-moon-landing-intl/index.html

Apparently China has landed their Probe on the Far Side of the Moon at last… Naturally considering it’s the side with the most impacts it is as Brown as the Near Side of the of the Moon’s dark patches/“seas”.

The Near Side has Grey Sand all over the place while the Far Side as well as the Northern “Seas” of the Near Side have Brown Sand.

I wonder why NASA has preference for landing in the Near Side of the Moon’s Grey areas and seems determined to avoid the Brown areas in the “Seas” and Far side…

1 Like

Ok. Ok. OKAY!

So last night I promised myself that I would stop bugging all of you with my stupid, pointless hunt for all the spirit beasts. Like, nobody needs to know about my progress. But I can’t help myself!

Bullwinkle? Tamed five minutes ago.
Loque’nahak? Just got him.

All that are left are the porcupines and mana sabers, which are all usually up. Special thanks to the hunter who got jelly last night when they saw my two other kitties, then told me they got Loque by using war mode. Cuz I never would have even considered that.

3 Likes

… shoot I need to remember that for the future.

1 Like

So people are starting get Trust Level 3 as today is 50th day since new forum launched. I got suspended once so I’m no longer eligible but I’m gonna give it try, who knows. Just need to read 3K more posts

2 Likes

I know, right? This whole time, I never even considered it. I tried everything else; hopping on different servers, searching right after and before server resets, but never thought about war mode.

But about five minutes after turning it on, all my pets are tamed.

1 Like

Wow! Trust level 3! Now I can finally post links and images. You know, things I’ve been able to do on reddit for years.

Thanks for the heads up though. I wouldn’t have noticed otherwise.

1 Like

Wait, forum level? How do I find out my forum level? Do I gain forum levels by completing forum quests, or do I just mob grind forum murlocs?

I bet I grind forum murlocs.

2 Likes