Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I feel like making that Simpsons meme of Homer saying he has no fear and Marge saying sock puppets.

Just replace Homer with America and sock puppets with the letter U.

1 Like

You can always tell that these so called “hardcore true horde fans who hate alliance” play on Alliance.

Then they try and downplay how often they play alliance characters.

I’m blind and this is a hate crime against me specifically.

1 Like

I think it is possible.

Unless he uses something like Nord VPN.

1 Like

What entitles someone to be a True fan and someone else just a Fan?

I see this in the Star Wars fandom a lot. It’s really weird to me

Honestly nothing. There will always be some line that determines if you are a “true fan” or just a “fan”. And that line always moves whenever a “fan” is about to reach it.

Most of the time the definitions that this so called “true fan council” put in place, they themselves do not meet all of the axioms.

Everian is an example of this. To him a “true horde fan” only plays horde and the only version of the horde you are allowed to like is the ones from WC1 - WC2. You know, the puppets of the Burning Legion. Yet he has stated that he plays Alliance characters once in a blue moon.

3 Likes

I like to spitefully omit letters.

Whisky.

2 Likes

This moufou ouut here thinking that having 16 Hourde tououns is a big deal??

Mitch, I gout 63. GET OUN MY LEVEL, EVERIEN!!!

UUUUUUUUUUUUU

3 Likes

I was curious because I noticed a lot of toxic behavior in the Star Wars fandom when the Sequel Trilogy came out.

People like me and others who love it and Rey and such were constantly told we weren’t True Fans.

I just find it a weird concept is all. Like, if what I like isnt harming you, why do you care, you know?

3 Likes

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

Then youu shouuld take it. My hate is just hate. It is my louve youu shouuld fear.

It is sticky, meaty, acidic louve.

2 Likes

Threatening people with a good time again Alysna? :eyes:

2 Likes

I for one have only seen the Force Awakens and I have seen numerous view points of the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker despite not watching them myself. I do not like them and I can see why people can see a character like Rey as a mary sue for actual in-universe reasons. Anyone who claims that only because of her gender can go away. I can also see why people like the trilogy. I mean a main series star wars trilogy with the main protagonist being a female.

Even though there are a lot of strongly written female characters in Star Wars, most of them are in the TV shows or books (sometimes both). Although it is funny how some of them like Ahoksa was also labelled as a mary sue throughout season 1 of the 2008 Clone Wars series (see Hellogreedos video exposing that). Because a lot of those people will later claim she isn’t one because of her arc throughout the series and will deny that they ever called her one.

One of the reasons why I hate cinemasins. They are acting all "we never acted sexist in our videos) lately yet a lot of their content has them asking CHILD ACTORS, or characters that are underage (but played by older actors) to do things like lap dances etc. One video they said that Emma Watson wasn’t old enough to be hot yet (think it was the philosophers stone). Crap like that is what made me turn off from them and watch people like Thebirdman expose them for what they truly are.

1 Like

oh god, still to this day she’s can’t be that good at the force she must be a Mary-Sue.
It’s ruining every single fanbase.

There’s currently a thread like “Why did Sylvanas beat Bolvar?” and people are unironically trying to blame gear or ilvl when she’s a freaking ghost, the only reason Bolvar didn’t pulverize her with a rock was because she can literally turn to smoke, she had a huge physical advantage. Why is that so hard to admit?

2 Likes

People often forget that Luke went from a nobody on a desert planet to a jedi in Empire with virtually no training

Like, I think it was just because Rey was female and thats why some people absolutely loathe her.

Because like I said, Luke went down a similar path, but he for some reason gets a pass

3 Likes

Nou, nouw it just lououks like gibberish.

…

Ouh!! Yes, that DOUES make sense!! Youu’re Australian!! They speak gibberish!! Throw a barbie shrimp on the croc love, eh?

There’s an annoying tendency to invalidate anyone who disagrees with your perceptions under the bus.

The only Star Wars fan whose opinion is invalid is the one who likes Attack of the Clones (as an overall movie, not for its set of fascinating vignettes) best. And even that person is probably all right. Just wrong.

I don’t exactly consider myself a Star Wars fan, but I know a lot about it because I AM a massive Bioware fan. I just happen to live with someone who bought a Lego Star Destroyer and generally is all about the Wars, so I pick things up. And I do genuinely like Star Wars, but it’s not emotionally important to me.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna copy and paste the edit I made to the post you replied to. As it does expand my few on it.

Although it is funny how some of them like Ahoksa was also labelled as a mary sue throughout season 1 of the 2008 Clone Wars series (see Hellogreedos video exposing that). Because a lot of those people will later claim she isn’t one because of her arc throughout the series and will deny that they ever called her one.

One of the reasons why I hate cinemasins. They are acting all "we never acted sexist in our videos) lately yet a lot of their content has them asking CHILD ACTORS, or characters that are underage (but played by older actors) to do things like lap dances etc. One video they said that Emma Watson wasn’t old enough to be hot yet (think it was the philosophers stone). They defend these actions (while denying them at the same time) as being “jokes”. Crap like that is what made me turn off from them and watch people like Thebirdman expose them for what they truly are.

3 Likes

:eyes: OMG me too. Not for Star Wars though. Mostly for Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

3 Likes

Luke actually had an arc where he went from noob, apprentice to mastery. Rey had no such arc. She jumped to mastery just by having a lite sabre in her hands.

2 Likes