Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Me stirring the pot:

You’re welcome.

Just discovered that Cypher fought Mephet’ran the Deceiver in the Warp which may or may not hint to him being Tzeentch(since they are so similar)…

Of course if that’s the case why are other C’tan weak to the Warp? Did the Necrons recklessly pull Tzeentch out of a Star’s Core into a Necrodermis Shell without realizing it? The other C’tan distrusted the guy so him being Tzeentch is not hard to imagine.

The Deceiver was the one who initiated contact with the Necrons to set them and the C’tan against the First Ones in the first place(the Nightbringer initiated contact in general) so it’s not hard to imagine that Tzeentch would use the Necrons or his Cultists to create his own personal Daemon Engine and also watch them search other Stars for Star Gods and stuff them into Necrodermis Shells just for the sake of initiating change!

The Deceiver even claimed that he and his brothers fought a war with the Old Ones and lost. Was it a war between the Old Ones and the C’tan or a war between the Old Ones and the Chaos Gods?

This is so cool, but what franchise are you talking about Yven?

Sounds like Warhammer.

It is indeed Warhammer 40!

Tzeentch(disguised as a C’tan himself) recruiting the Necrons and C’tan for the War in Heaven so that he can overthrow the Old Ones who bested him and his brothers is easy to imagine!

Everything is part of his schemes after all!

Yes, you are. You’re stirring the pot and being a villain.

5 Likes

Without me all we’d have here is boring low response threads. We all need some entertainment to get us through the work week, until Blizzard gives us something new to talk about.

3 Likes

You may not be the villain the Story Forum deserves, Renautus… But you are the villain we need!

2 Likes

I am so tired of the negativity, guys.

The Microsoft purchase was a good thing to me not as much because it would drastically change something, but because for once it seemed like people were happy and having fun. I even laughed at a few dumb clippy memes.

It may not seem like it from some of my posts, but I genuinely want everyone to be happy.

I hope being under Microsoft helps Blizz. I work for a company that was also recently bought by an industry giant (not as big as MS, but a major player in their field) and stuff did change very noticeably for us, in a good way.

6 Likes

Also realised recently that for years I haven’t had a character in my life that I could properly obsess over.

I want to draw fanart, I want to make involuntary happy noises whenever I see them on screen, I want to use their face as my pfp.

I was hoping the stuff Disney put out for Star Wars would give me something, but all of it is kinda lukewarm, tbh. The characters are, at least.

1 Like

The last wow fanart I drew was Talanji.

1 Like

If someone asked me who my fave was from Warcraft I wouldn’t have an answer, and that’s always been a frustrating thing for me.

Like… there are characters I wanted to like, but they always felt very underdeveloped or underused. Or they were just killed or abandoned by the narrative.

4 Likes

Question for everyone: For a Magical Girl Team aligned with Life what color of Magical Girl would you guys assign to each form of Life?

1. Life/Blood(obviously this is the Red Magical Girl)
  2. Plant
  3. Algae(Bacterial not Plant)
  4. Fungi
  5. Sun

Yes there should be a Pink Magical Girl somewhere and no she is not assigned to Blood! Yes all the Magical Girls should have a Unique Coloration(which is quite
a corundum if you haven’t visited Zangarmarsh)!

I can picture her little giggly intro cinematic :

“I’m a Magical Girl … who is also a fungi.”

Firing off fungal spores from her hands while wearing a fungi-themed Magical Girl outfit.

Looks like new announcements on development are coming next week.

1 Like

Weird thought: Obviously most undead are bound to the mortal plane by death magic, and we’ve seen plenty of undead bound to the mortal plane by void magic; we’ve see the Legion use fel magic directly to raise undead, and even light magic used to raise Calia. Is Bolvar an undead bound to the mortal plane by… life magic?

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of people speculate that since it was lifegiving flame that saved him. Also why he could withstand Death’s MC longer.

Is Bolvar officially undead? I always thought of him as kind of the opposite, eternally alive due to Alexstrasza’s flame, but stuck as an ember.

Not sure, to be honest. At the very least, in The Art of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands he said he died:

Death was not the end I believed it to be. No rest or joyous reunions in the Light awaited me. What I witnessed challenged all I knew. With my final breath, I saw impossible places – worlds within worlds brimming with beings that defied description. It wasn’t until the Helm of Domination was placed upon my head that I understood the truth I had seen: Death is not an end, but a beginning.

1 Like