Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Been a good day for me. Despite all of Ethriel’s threads I haven’t gotten to talk about Night Elves this much in what feels like ages.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I’m glad you can talk about what you enjoy.

5 Likes

I just got a Hearthstone friend request from a battletag that started with Micah, so I almost cautiously accepted it wondering if it was Micâh, but luckily - and ironically against my suggesting not to - Micâh posted the actual battletag in a thread earlier and it’s entirely different, so that was another auto-decline from me.

Man it feels weird looking at the start of this thread and seeing names of people who no longer come around here anymore.

Some for the better though imo :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m super cautious about who I give my Bnet tag out to. I gave mine to alysna and Ren, they’re the only two on here who have it.

There’s a reason my bnet friends list is like 5 people after all these years. :wolf:

3 Likes

I’ve got

Alliance:
three Night Elves
two Void Elves
one Draenei
one Worgen
one Human
one Pandaren
one Dark Iron Dwarf
one Lightforged Draenei

Horde:
one Forsaken
one Troll
one Blood Elf
one Nightborne
one Vulpera

I’ve got at least one of each class represented among that bunch. Only Tilgath and my Human DK are at max level. About half are sitting at 50 or 51 in Bastion, and the rest are lowbies. As for covenants, Tilgath is Night Fae and my DK is Necrolord.

Probably my biggest surprise of the expansion has been my experience with those two covenants. Going in, I was most excited for Ardenweald and the Night Fae, while I had zero interest in Maldraxxus and the Necrolords. In turned out to be the opposite. I really liked Maldraxxus as a zone and I had a lot of fun with the Necrolords. And unfortunately I wound up finding Ardenweald and the Night Fae pretty boring.

I only got around to doing Night Fae and Kyrian. I intended to have my Survival Hunter go Necrolord and my Warlock go Venthyr, but I didn’t get around to it before my computer broke down.

I only use the battletag for my real life friends and family. I don’t have anyone on it that I don’t know in person.

2 Likes

Thats a smart idea. Too many people are deceptive online. I, like many others, learned that the hard way.

1 Like

The only exception I make to adding only RL friends to my btag is new players I offer help to and I make sure they can only see my tag name and not my real name.

1 Like

Thats a good idea, I once added someone to my bnet list and he ended up being a complete weirdo. Only 1 person on my list knows my real name

Fun Fact: Medieval Warhorses were Ponies.

The tall imposing Horses weren’t there at the time.

Of course I’m sure Ponies were much easier for Knights to ride on into battle.

3 Likes

Plus far more comical in full plate.

They say that humans have been progressively getting taller. The average person at that time was below 5 feet.

And yet Hasbro and others see Ponies as the embodiment of Femininity!

The 4-footed Men were far more Masculine than what we see nowadays!

Speaking of Hasbro: I still say they should make Cartoon TV Shows representing Multi-layered Planes of Existence!

A TV Show of Arborea could give us the ultimate Elven Experience!

Moon Elves, Sea Elves and High Elves all in a single show with Mermaids, Olympians, Dwarves and Gnomes each divided from each other by separate Layers of Arborea!

Moon Elves would resemble Night Elves naturally while High Elves would combine traits of Silvermoon Elves and Rivendell Elves into one Race.

I found it dull that Arwen ditched her cool Chase Outfit for more Formal Clothing…

Clothes cannot be Copyrighted so a High Elf with the Chase outfit who wears it all the time with the only other clothing being an armored version of the Chase Outfit(with the Armor elegantly molded around the torso to add to the coolness) would be nice to see.

Mana has been mentioned in D&D(and generated by Bloodforges) though is not usually used as a source of Magic which is instead commonly drawn from the Weave(which is ironically Leylines in the Multiverse) yet Wells of Mana located in Arvandor and the Gates of the Moon would be interesting additions to Arborea.

Furthermore if they are activated by dumping a vial of Raw Mana on a Leyline in a way similar to WoW(easy to imagine since “Belief Shapes the Planes” is law) then we can have a Good Sorcerer attempt the same scheme as Krasus(turn the Well of Mana into a Peasant Girl) only to have the Villain simply just dump a Mana Vial(extracted from a Bloodforge) onto the Leyline starting the Mana Well up again!

Brightwater which is basically Elwynn Forest was first located in Arvandor but later moved to the Gates of the Moon so an Anveena Plotline can just as easily take place at the Gates of the Moon as in Arvandor.

Arborea should embody the wonders of Rivendell, Night Elf Society(including Teldrassil, Val’Sharah, Azsuna, Suramar, Ashenvale, Feralas, Azshara and Darkshore), Ancient Greece, Goldshire, Quel’Thalas and Mermaid Kingdoms!

I think arcane ley lines are Azeroth’s blood vessels.

1 Like

Big oof, Yven. LOL!

It was a different time with different notions of what was considered manly. He’s technically not wrong. Probably could’ve been worded differently though

1 Like

Men back then walked on the balls of thier feet because of soft leather shoes.

It used to be masculine to wear the colour pink and wear heels.

2 Likes

In WoW yes but in D&D the Leylines are the Blood Vessels of Mystra the Goddess of Magic!

Femininity used to be associated with the color Blue which I recall originated post-Norse Society as the word Blue during the Norse Era meant Blue-Grey.

High Heels were invented for Horse-Riding incidentally.

Warriors were fiercer and less Cowardly regardless in the Medieval Times!

4 Likes