Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I find humor in the fact that people lampoon the way Male Blood Elves stand. People say their posture is neigh impossible. Who stands like that?

Meanwhile, people who have met me and played Warcraft say I stand like a Male Blood Elf, sometimes.

I take it as a compliment.

Especially right before I log in on my Warlock. I am thinking:

“Geez. I really do stand like that…”

3 Likes

Space Marines fight well against these Swarms of Dinosaurs!

I also get these little reminders that these Lizards have weapons despite forgetting so often.

I only just now realized these things are Dinosaurs(with as many Non-Wing Limbs as WoW’s Crocolisks and Basilisks) and not Bugs unlike the Zerg Swarm. The Flyers even have Bat Wings!

Furthermore I’m reminded of how Zerg and Tyranids both Bleed Red aside from Banelings while said Banelings as well as the Flood and Nurglings Bleed Green as do the Bugs in Darksiders 3(of course said Bugs serve Sloth whose Sloth Energies are Green so…).

Flood and Nurgle are both based on Zombies so that’s understandable at the least…

1 Like

Have you tried Wildermyth? That’s one that just blew me away.

How do English speakers write - without separation or by symbols?

I never heard of it, but I’ll look into it.

I remembered the other day that Resident Evil 8 came out this year, but I haven’t got to play it because I want to buy a physical copy of it and my Xbox’s disc tray has been broken for awhile now. That game has gotten good reviews so that’s another worthwhile game that has released this year.

What separation are you referring to? Are you talking about paragraphs?

Going to work in my old Goth getup in memory.

Your average Gamer wouldn’t have a clue what proper posture entails.

4 Likes

Speaking of Goth: We need a Gothic TV Show embodying Gothicness!

It would need Dracula, the Brides of Dracula, The Werewolves, Frankenstein, Frankenstein’s Monster, the Mummy, Elizabeth Bathory, Medusa(possessing Elizabeth Bathory in reference to her transformation in Castlevania), Death the Grim Reaper, Carmilla, Laura, Lilith, Akasha the Vampire Queen(with Pink Hair and Red Eyes like the one in Rosario + Vampire), Barlowe(as a Vampire like in Stephen King and as a Priest dedicated to Dracula like in Castlevania), Blacula, Orlok and Count Strahd!

Also: Remember the Legend of Stalvan Mistmantle?

If only the Parents had the foresight to tell the Girl that Stalvan is around her age and not an Old Man or Uncle and to be careful about how she should treat him!

In Medieval Eras Young Men can become enamored with Girls their age offering flowers and clasping their palms staring into their Eyes. It is well known! The Father and Mother practically dangled the Girl as bait for the exact sort of Man that would kill her in a jealous rage if made to fall in love with her!

The Parents were practically Stalvan’s Accomplices!

In any case a Gothic TV Show would do well to have a similar mystery only to subvert it at the end revealing not only the man being investigated to not be a Murder, to have received his happy ending and for the Ghost haunting the investigators to not be a Ghost but Carmilla(who can turn invisible and flies in a Ghostly Manner in Castlevania) coming at the investigators due to a grudge from earlier in the TV Show.

Speaking of Carmilla she shares a Japanese Voice Actor for Therastina Lifeline in A Certain Scientific Railgun who shares an English Voice with Inner Moka from Rosario + Vampire.

Inner Moka is the original personality and sealed away within Outer Moka a Green-Eyed version of her Mother: Akasha. The reason was because Dracula’s Throne(mistaken for Dracula himself at the time) based on the one from Castlevania Symphony of the Night was about to eat both of them.

A perfect Gothic TV Show with Akasha and Carmilla in the same Show would have Akasha forcefully apply a copy of herself over Carmilla(while both are being bitten by Dracula’s Throne) and call her Mocha just for Comedy’s sake!

The second Carmilla escapes using Lilith’s Mirror(splitting the two Entities into Separate people like in the Rosario + Vampire Anime unlike the Manga which simply activates Inner Moka-mode) she should immediately start harassing both Akasha and Mocha becoming the main antagonist(who also wants to take over the world like in the Castlevania TV Show).

1 Like

I have some strong mixed emotions regarding Anne Rice. I’ll always love her for the early Vampire Chronicles books tho. She’ll be missed.

1 Like

Separating a symbol in a word.
Write a word in one long line or many short lines.
Without lifting the pen from the paper.

Just realized(from looking at your post mentioning Vampire Chronicles) that she is the one who invented Akasha the Vampire Queen who was used in the Rosario + Vampire Manga!

Vampire Killer was also used in the Manga…

2 Likes

What do you mean by a symbol? Do you mean a letter?

In other news: Halo Infinite Ending:

"Spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFBwJV1q6pQ

Considering Offensive Bias wasn’t helping to fight off Cortana, the Harbinger or Atriox in their plans to release The Endless he must have already have gleaned the Time Travelers’ secrets and has already rescued the Greater Ark right as the Star Roads were smashing into it. He probably took the original Halo Array(which was with the Greater Ark) with him as well.

There is reports that the Prophets went missing supposedly going on the Great Journey. What if the Forerunners made off with them to partake in the Great Journey?

The Legend of the Great Journey was presumed to be of the Halo Array that was fired but what if it was about the original Halo Array and the Greater Ark being pulled through Time by Offensive Bias on a Journey towards Apotheosis?

The Halo Array used was just a pair of Superweapons intended to exterminate the Flood except Zeta Halo(which was once part of the original Halo Array) while the Original Halo Array is an advanced pair of Superweapons intended to subjugate the masses, Compose people into AI and travel through Time towards Apotheosis.

Just as the Endless are working with the Banished for their plans(which according to the Harbinger is to Ascend so Apotheosis into Godhood just like the Forerunners and the Covenant) so are the Forerunners returning…

I suspect our friend speaks of elaborate handwriting where one letter flows into the next.

Perhaps she is asking if our handwriting flows from letters into symbols as well. Perhaps she is asking if our handwriting flows from the “n” in Ten$ to the “$”(Dollar Symbol) as seamlessly as it does with the “e”.

The symbol is a letter. Write letters without lifting the pen from the paper.
Are each letter written separately or are curls and dashes added to the letter to connect it to the next letter?

2 Likes

I think you’re asking about cursive writing? I’d link an image, but I’m too bad to be allowed links.

2 Likes

Yes, italics. Italics? Weird, “курсив”.
Cursive. How do English speakers write - cursive or print?
https://www.twinkl.com/teaching-wiki/handwriting-styles

I don’t know if this will work. I tried a Google search for курсив (italics) and some clicking got me to… Скоропись (cursive)?

Most American writers use print, not cursive, when writing.

1 Like

Anyone can post links if they put two backtick marks (`) around the links, though the link will appear grey and be unclickable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cursive

2 Likes

I’m’a test this out…

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e1/50/a2/e150a259560639315f9ecb337ac541ef.jpg

That should be an example of cursive.

Edit: Doness, you have changed my life for the better and I love you now.

2 Likes
Halo Infinite Spoilers

Calling it now: The Harbinger’s statement of the Endless being Legion is a hint to the Endless and Banished being the past selves of the Precursors(explaining why she says the Endless will ascend) and Atriox being the Primordial and thus the Gravemind.

I’m sure Primordial Atriox will promptly turn the Flood Spores back into the Primordial before heading to the past and Future/Present Primordial Atriox will lead both the Flood and the Banished against the Humans in vengeance for the destruction of his Homeworld at the hands of Cortana.

Furthermore the Forerunners including Didact and the Master Builder will also return with the Covenant led by the Prophets and utilize the Prometheans and Covenant Armies against Humanity as well.

Humanity will be caught between the Armies of the Banished/Precursors(including the Ex-Covenant Members, the Flood and the Endless) and the Forerunners(including the Prometheans and the Covenant).