Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I remember the rumors of playable worgen starting after Blizzard hotfixed that because people rationalized that they wouldn’t have jumped on it so quickly if they weren’t going to be made playable. Ugh, I was so excited back then.

1 Like

Goblins may be capitalists, but people really underestimate the value of a herd of tauren merchants setting up shops in a city.
Everywhere they go is a bull market.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I got flagged for trolling over disagreeing with someone, got silenced for a day, and now I can’t post links anymore.

That’s dumb. I’d ask what happened, but that would just open you up to getting flagged again. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post anything TOS-breaking so I can’t imagine what would do that.

Whatever little it’s worth, the trust level isn’t a permanently lost thing. Apparently actions against your account get aged out in the same way that if someone stops posting or viewing enough stuff, they fall out of it too. It could mean another couple months of waiting, though.

I’ve been actioned a few times myself but honestly, I can’t say I didn’t deserve them.

2 Likes

Ive gotten tier 3 trust - and lost it, and gotten it back, and lost it - multiple times. I can’t be fussed with trying to maintain it. When it pops up, Im like: “oh - must be the season”. I can’t even understand how I somehow am well behaved enough for it to come back - but not enough for it to last. Does that mean I went like 6 months without saying something offensive but as soon as I hit level 3 I offend people somehow?

I am just over it. Luckily I can express any profane and vulgar opinion without links or little pictures. I can do it just fine!

( /grumbles and mutters at not being able to post goofy little pictures )

I’ve held myself back more than once saying something I really want to say in a thread. I’m part of a long-running thread over there and don’t want to lose access to it because I lost my temper.

It would really disappoint the others following our raid progress.

1 Like

General discussion. Which was a mistake in of itself. I was blunt about saying people aren’t snowflakes for not wanting to be harassed/insulted.

3 Likes

I miss BfA. I get that most people hated Warcronts, but it felt so good to be spending time rebuilding Stromgarde and Darkshore instead of fighting some gray and bland nobodies in the maw and in Torghast.

Blizzard also absolutely ruined casual PvP for those who don’t do rated.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why Twitter is trying to cancel genshin impact?

A character’s design is based on India and the Middle East, and some people think that’s racist. There are also some characters that are tan, but not dark enough for their taste. That’s it as far as I know.

I hadn’t heard of it myself but I tried looking it up and found an article summarizing a few points about why people have been trying, although it sounds like a failure from about a month ago.

But if you just want some bullet points, it’s a combination of

• Player accounts getting easily hacked because the game not only lacks two-factor authentication, but didn’t have accounts’ associated email addresses and phone numbers encrypted. The devs were slow to react to this.
  • Some common mook enemies called hilichurls were given a dance based off of indigenous tribes.
  • Darker skinned characters were described as having “exotic appearances” and the game’s bloom effect makes them kinda change skin tone in certain lights.

I just realized how Touma’s Right Hand(the Imagine Breaker) works in A Certain Magical Index: it destroys Imagination not Supernatural!

The Espers draw on Personal Reality which is tied to Imagination so it gets nullified by Imagine Breaker and Magicians draw upon Theories which also are tied to Imagination so Magic gets nullified as well!

Supernatural Abilities tied to Possibility are immune to Touma’s Right Hand. Aleister Crowley summoned his various Possibilities into reality and they were immune to the Imagine Breaker due to being of the domain of Possibility not Imagination!

N’Zoth and his cultists would be immune to Touma if he visited the A Certain Magical Index world!

Over the past couple of days I’ve felt my mood crash super hard, and I don’t get why. Nothing’s happened, so I have nothing to blame, but it feels like I can’t pull myself out of it and it’s bleeding into my thoughts for everything I do, including my posts lately.

And I’m sure someone will ballerina in to joke “there’s a difference?” but I can feel it. I hope I bounce out of it soon. :frowning:

Do you feel it now, Mr. Sarm?

1 Like

lol
Sorry for being snippy in the 9.1 boss thread, by the way.

7 days and I’m free.

I won’t be able to post when my subscription time runs out, so I won’t have an excuse wander into these forums out of habit to see the latest dozen bait threads by the most anti-Horde pro-Horde posters alive.
I won’t see people praising the elf corpse for committing beyond-despicably-evil acts while decrying someone for something infinitesimally minor in comparison.
I won’t see the wrath of an angry god amount to a flea’s fart against the corpse elf because her plot armor is unending.
I won’t get to see what new way we’re disappointed by developer announcements regarding widely-beloved features that are shelved in favor of eventually making more money in the future.

With any luck, I can finally let go entirely and sever this game from my life.

5 Likes

Very interesting to see that despite the shockwaves of his fists and slashes of his claws being Golden the explosion of his Spiral Moon attack manages to look as Purple as the Moon Attacks of WoW…rather than Golden like in the SNES version…

To be sure the new Spiral Moon explosion color in Trials of Mana’s remake is probably based on Purple Flames in the Moon Palace of Secret of Mana(which I suspect is originally the Sun Palace from Chrono Trigger when it was in the Future Era) and not WoW. Even so the question is: Why does WoW associate the Moon with Purple & Blue rather than Golden and Silver?..