Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

It isn’t any different. Someone could be posting on a Dwarf role playing about how much they hate the Horde and it would be just as annoying.

2 Likes

I know it’s stupid to say but I actually had that concern in mind back when I was trying to swap mains to alliance during the prepatch. Originally I was going to swap my posting character to it to match but I figured people would assume I was faking it to make any pro-horde posts look more “legit” or something like that.

Not that it mattered since I didn’t stick with it anyway. I’ve been in this guild so long that it felt awkward no longer being part of its guild chat.

What character someone posts on does not affect the legitimacy of their posts. I can share my experiences I’ve gotten from my Kyrian Covenant alt without switching to them, or likewise share my Goblin and Vulpera experiences without switching to them.

What makes me take people less seriously is when they role play opinions of their characters as an act in a way that doesn’t contribute to anything, and even worse when people are role playing in such ways to be intentionally inflammatory with “us versus them” mentalities.

3 Likes

The cause for concern about this type of situation shouldn’t exist. I kinda think it’s pathetic for anyone to pick their main character’s race so that how they look affects people’s viewpoints of them when they post. I think your problem would’ve been the opposite of what you think TBH. I assume you’d start getting more generalizations from Horde posters, especially those that wouldn’t know you’ve played a Troll. Though I’m not criticizing you either way, and I wouldn’t if you did go through with that.

1 Like

Yeah it kinda dawned on me after I posted that when I realized I tend to make way more disparaging comments about the horde story than positive ones, and nobody’s called me an alliance poster’s alt or anything yet. I just overthink stupid stuff a lot.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed, though that might be because I personally don’t see any bias in you or it’s that I haven’t looked in many threads where you post such opinions.

1 Like

Or just who cares? This character changes more times than you can blink. It should be studied, as it has been every type of elf possible - multiple times! If people want to froth at the mouth, let them.

1 Like

There are people who troll these forums enough that they want to bring drama across various threads. Which is something.

An Algebraic expression would be:

“D mentioned A in X thread, so A will go to Y thread and harp on it”

Such pettiness is worthless, as is the Poster who would drag the mud all over.

1 Like

Can you just leave that discussion alone nad like stop bombard the thread with malicious nonsensical drama.

Or is that the intent of the posts? to fuel it?

Umm you guys are really not focusing enough on classic lore ? UNACCEPTABLE!

1 Like

love garrosh lolz

(Apparently I posted on this acc in 2019? Incredible)

1 Like

Anyone else use the same name for literally all their characters?

Most of my alts are badly-named with Sarm in the name somewhere. They also look nearly identical to my mage, because of a dumb idea I had way back when where I wanted to pretend I was just class changing instead of playing a different character altogether.

I kinda regret doing that but I’m too lazy to trash and relevel them, and none of them are worth race change money.

Back when Cataclysm was announced I strongly thought I wanted to main Worgen instead of Night Elf, and so made my alt Amadís to try it out. It did not feel good to no longer have Shadowmeld, though, so I stuck with this Night Elf I’ve been playing since original vanilla. When Monks came out, though, I made my Monk alt Amadîs, as frequently in other games when Monks are available I tended to go for them (Ragnarok Online, FFXIV, for examples). My WoW Monk alt I even transmogged to match my Druid main’s transmog, though nowadays my main uses a purple version instead.

1 Like

I started in TBC and had a REALLY hard time deciding among druid, shaman or mage, although I think all along I was slightly leaning toward mage anyway because I hadn’t expected to stick with the game past level 20 and the conjured food and water sounded like a good convenience. The main things that pushed me from the other two were 1) being told that shamans sucked and not to pick one, and 2) I didn’t want to be called a furry for picking druid.

So in Cataclysm I ended up trying to make a self-referential joke about that angst by naming one Furrysarm. I still feel embarrassed to type in chat the few times I’m on it, so that was a poor idea.

When I played FF14 for a bit and saw the hrothgar come out, I made my auction house aide into one so I could test-drive trying to customize him into looking more monstrous, complete with the ultima horns that require farming that awful super-rare Azys Lla world quest 3 times. I tried using Byblos and the FF4 Behemoth monster as references. (I didn’t have the ultima horns at the time I took this screenshot)

Yeah…didn’t work out too well. Only reason why I didn’t commit was because the facial options were both limited and hardlocked on customization, so no barbershop adjustments if I decided I messed up.

2 Likes

How does one top the Fleet of Planet Destroying Super Star Destroyers(which already topped Starkiller Base)?

Maybe a Star Forge casually creating Fleets of Planet Destroying Super Star Destroyers, Death Stars and Starkiller Bases?

Perhaps even have the sequel top that by revealing that the Star Forge already made a lot more Star Forges by the time of it’s destruction that are equally as powerful as the original to the point where the Bad Guys have Fleets of them?

:roll_eyes:

Coming from Ragnarok Online and playing an Agi Monk, when I was reading about WoW’s classes I was trying to find a class that could heal, buff, and do melee damage like I was used to. That whittled me down to Druid and Shaman, since Paladin wasn’t an option as my friends played Horde. The description made it sound like Druid could do all of that and tank, too, so I figured why not, and rolled a Tauren Druid. Eventually my friends stopped playing WoW, but later on a new friend I made decided to try out WoW after recovering from an EverQuest addiction, but he wanted to play as Alliance, so I started this Night Elf Druid to play with him, since I was on a PvP server, and this was way back when you couldn’t even make an Alliance and a Horde character on the same PvP server, let alone faction change. Thank goodness for that, though, since my friend wanted to play on a PvE server, and I came to enjoy the game far more once I didn’t have to deal with pvp any more. And we’ve still been playing together to this day these… sixteen years later, I want to say.

As for FFXIV, this is my Monk main there, also Amadis, though I don’t play very often, and have only made it to clearing Heavensward, since I play very slowly and like to do all the side quests I possibly can before doing main quests and such.

1 Like

Oh no they killed the discord guess we are not getting it back.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ludicrous speculation from Fans after the release of The Force Awakens but before The Last Jedi: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/54lwhe/snoke_is_jabba_the_hutt_hear_me_out/

Of course the notion of Snoke being Jabba is ludicrous even during that time! It would have been more likely for Snoke to be Jabba’s father Zorba!

Speaking of which: Can Zorba remote control People/Meat Puppets with his mind through microchips in the Meat Puppets’ brains do you think? would it work with a vat-grown Force Sensitive Meat Puppet?

Should we be letting Zorba near Palpatine’s backup Snokes?