Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

1 Like
4 Likes

Canā€™t wait for the inevitable live action version of this.

2 Likes

I can. Theyā€™ve gotten rid of Li Shang, and made a different character altogether. And Iā€™ll be very surprised if ā€œIā€™ll Make a Man Out of Youā€ will make it in this post-PC world, especially with Disneyā€™s recent, on the nose, girl power kick.

Wait I was memeing. This true?

Yup. Heā€™s essentially split into two characters. Her superior officer will be an older man (Commander Tung), who takes on a sort of mentor role for Mulan. And her love interest (Chen Honghui) is just a regular rank and file, like her.

They havenā€™t outright said the reason why, but I suspect having the male half of a relationship be in a position of authority over the female is taboo, now.

Though, tbf, other changes to the cast have happened as well. Shan Yu is replaced by Bori Khan, also a Hun chieftan, and his ally, a witch named Xian Lang. Mulan has a sister. And thereā€™s a rumor that Mushu might be a phoenix this time.

Edit: Though, the actor playing Chen is still hot, so my mind is ever so slightly put at ease.

1 Like

And almost right on time, the teaser trailer:

It feelsā€¦ lacking to me, is some ways. With just this look, it feels more like a run of the mill war movie than a fairy tale.

Food has no business being this adorable.

2 Likes

New PokƩmon?

Mmhmm.

Itā€™s name is Alcremie.
stiffles a giggle from 12 year old me

Edit: Ok, I know dynamaxing/gigantimaxing arenā€™t the greatest mechanics ever. But Alcremie can gigantimax into a huge layer cake. And Iā€™m ok with that.

5 Likes

Oh yes, I truly love those jetpacks. Got a blueprint to craft some for any time I want, too! And now that Iā€™ve made my mechakitty, I can start throwing spare parts at that instead ^.^

More time spent in Mechagon has just made me love it more. Though I havenā€™t played every day since the patch launched, Iā€™ve never had a day with fully repeated events. Itā€™s truly an adventure to just see whatā€™s new each day, from abductions to time travel to fight clubs! I love how Iā€™ve been progressing and attaining mastery over the zone, too. New recipes for convenience, further quests unlocked, memorizing event boss locations to react to shoutsā€¦ it just feels really good.

I recommend giving it an explore event if you donā€™t want to engage with the plot and storytelling. Itā€™s really a beautiful area, and the Zin-Azshari portion is worth sitting in just to hear the music. It makes me think of War of the Ancients. About reading the manuals for Warcraft 3 and WoW over and over, entranced by their history, hungry for every scrap of information. It feels like what was more than what is.

You are very fast! Iā€™m still making my way through the Heavensward patches. Though I get distracted by some pretty minipet or outfit every other day, ehe.

Itā€™s really great, isnā€™t it? I always missed daily quests with the advent of world quests. Turns out, theyā€™re work so much better together than either did apart! Daily quests become something I do on the road toward world quests. Itā€™s justā€¦ so, so well-designed. Iā€™ve not been this engaged since the days of Quelā€™danas.

I freaking love that leyline puzzle world quest. Does anyone know the name of that sort of puzzle? Iā€™d love an app of it.

The only thing that can improve a villain-intrusion OP is a villain-intrusion OP with sound effects. One of my favorite anime tropes!

Welcome to my top 5, Alcremie. I love you with my entire heart <3

8 Likes

Oh my god, yes! After I got flight, I had a lot of real life obligations that clear up after tomorrow, and I canā€™t wait to hit up Nazjatar again. Even still, Iā€™ve spent the few minutes that I can squeeze in flying around and fighting rares. I havenā€™t loved a zone like this since early Wrath, getting my gorloc rep going.

1 Like

Iā€¦ may have paid to get a different character to the new content, because everyone was raving about it, while still slugging my way through the old content on my ā€œrealā€ character.

The raves are well earned. I saw a YT comment that ā€œShadowbringers is a godsend in these dark times for gaming.ā€, and Iā€™m inclined to agree.

It definitely gets props for making me feel conflicted. Vanilite and Swirlix are among my lower tiers of 'mons.

I shouldnā€™t have been surprised but dynamaxing was very quickly was embraced by the internet for fetish art everywhere.

And how do you know this?

Because I am a depraved individual with too much time on their hands. Also I look at DeviantArt.

5 Likes

Hey, at least somebody likes it. Because itā€™s gone over like a lead balloon with its intended audience.

The only thing I actually know about Sword and Shield at this point is thereā€™s a Scottish trainer people have memed as a foul mouthed and violent individual. I didnā€™t know people didnā€™t like dynamax.

1 Like

The Galar region is based on the UK, so with her style of dress, people have latched on to the idea of her being Scottish. Which is much the same as being foul mouthed. Though, weā€™ve yet to hear anyone from Galar speak (though, when we do, theyā€™ll sound American 'cus anime).

People are always skeptical of the new gimmick. But since the new gimmick is ā€œjust make the PokĆ©mon biggerā€, alongside cut content, like no Mega Evolutions, and no National Dex in Sword and Shield, alot of people are taking it as Game Freak cutting corners.

Which is a whole discussion in itself about how Game Freak, who makes the main series games, is losing influence within The PokĆ©mon Company due to not even the main series games rivaling the sheer and obscene amount of money PokĆ©mon GO made (and is still making). So the PokĆ©mon Company is working on more forays into mobile gaming, with PokĆ©mon Sleep, and PokĆ©mon Masters. Meanwhile, Game Freak is diverting devs from Sword and Shield to a new project theyā€™ve been working on, so they have another title to fall back on, hence there not being enough manpower to add everything to Sword and Shield by release.

1 Like