Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

1 Like

Carshopped Friday and Saturday. Crammed a dnd session Saturday night. Worked Sunday night. And have spent most of the day at the dealership, tracking down the last few miscellaneous obscure pieces of paperwork the finaning company wants.

My brain rn:

4 Likes

Should have just taken your salesman on a test drive of self discovery and wonder as you go farther below the slash than anyone has ever gone before.

1 Like

More work at night. More paperwork and errands during the day.

My brain is on the verge of ascension.

3 Likes

New blood is required in the story forum discord.

Absolute masterpiece, and the perfect way to take down Boss Hax himself.

Man I sure miss the Gabriel Dropouts. Season two please ^.^

ā€œOh it broke off, baby!!ā€

Iā€™m having a lot of fun in Mechagon! Itā€™s such a nice little zone, and it feels like thereā€™s something new to do every day. Last couple of mornings Iā€™ve found myself waking up thinking, golly, I canā€™t wait to check out Mechagon today! I love having that feeling with video games : )

Also been really enjoying Mario Maker 2! So far Iā€™ve made two levels ā€“ one based on a FFXIV meme, and one inspired by the SCP Foundation. Iā€™m also going to do either Karazhan or Blackrock Mountain (or both!), but those will be huge undertakings, so Iā€™m content with smaller projects for now.

Hope youā€™re all having wonderful days! It was fun catching up on your conversations here <3

3 Likes

The point of the Mechagon Zone Questline to my mind seems to be the Mecha Spider Mountā€¦ I want it!

1 Like

I was explaining Karazhan lore to someone and the question of Maiden of Virtue came up. My best attempt at explaining her was ā€œsheā€™s a statue who kinkshames ghostsā€ and man, did I crack myself up super hard with that.

Yes! Iā€™m so excited for the questing to pay off! Iā€™ve always wanted one of those mounts, ever since Vanilla. And itā€™ll be perfect to have for a potential Tinker class >:D

4 Likes

Hanashi, you are just so much win for this.

4 Likes

Found a thing

5 Likes

Aaaagh I gotta gush about WoW some more. Nazjatar is so fun!! I played it a bit here and there last week, but today I had some extra time off so I got really stuck in, and just ā€“ wow!! Thereā€™s so much to do and see! It feels so alive and exciting.

Just in the span of a few hours I did sooo many things. Between a bunch of fun, old-fashioned chore dailies, I beat up a bunch of rares, one of which gave me a new herbalism rank. I discovered diaries belonging to an eccentric wizard which eventually unlocked a really cool set of world quests, and also spawned a mega-hard solo boss in a wizardā€™s cave that I died EIGHT times trying to beat before finally overcoming it.

I leveled up my cool follower to unlock a new ability for him, played a timing minigame with some geysers, finally beat that jellyfish-jumping minigame, scurried to Wowhead to help me beat some monstrous Battle Pets, and went from Neutral to nearly Honored reputation! Gah, what an exciting time!!

Now I canā€™t decide if I prefer Mechagon or Nazjatar. Theyā€™re both amazing in their own ways. Maaaaybe Nazjatar gets the edge because of the music. My goodness, that music. The stuff that plays in the city ruins area is justā€¦ haunting. Absolute perfect fit.

Anyway, gushing over. Though I may have to again once I do the War Campaign parts. I hear some very exciting characters make an appearance ^.^

4 Likes

I am having fun and keeping myself occupied with 8.2 as well.

Mechagon is just great. I feel like there is a lot to do and a lot to chase after - but also a lot to acquire by simply playing without a targeted grind. I am not a mount or pet collector - yet, it feels like there are neat toys and awards that make the grind interesting. The rocket pack is a boon.

Nazjatar is a bit tedious. It has itā€™s moments. But when I switch to ā€œgrind modeā€ and focus on knocking out WQs, I just really hate traveling. The mobs aggro from everywhere and chase you forever. I have used many Sea Mist potions and Gliders on my Alts. Luckily my main is a Zandalari Druid. Using the ā€œGliding Dino Racialā€ and ā€œMoonkin /flapā€ make pre-Pathfinder life a bit nicer.

I am at Honored with both Reputations on my Druid. I feel like Pathfinder Part 2 will just happen in a couple weeks of lazy playing. Which is a good feeling.

8.2 is great imo, and I am looking forward to the new raid.

1 Like
1 Like

My Theroā€™shan picked up my sub so we could do a Midsummer mini-event for RP. They also want me to get to max, and do Nazjatar. But, as thereā€™s still no Tyrande, Iā€™m still decidedly uninterested.

In a similar, but opposite vein, Iā€™m nearly done with the MSQ for Shadowbringers. While Iā€™m loath to discount Heavensward, and my beautiful city of Elvā€¦ Elezen, Shadowbringers might edge it out as my favorite.

1 Like

So, I hate Mechagon. I hate it for very ā€œmeā€ reasons. I can never find roads, thereā€™s only one flight point on the island, it reminds me too much of Timeless Isle without the aspects I personally liked about the Timeless Isle, and itā€™s a barrier for me being flying right this moment now.

This is all perplexing me, because I was excited for Mechagon when I saw the first reviews of it. But more perplexing?

I freaking love Nazjatar. I love my Gilby friend Neri, I love the mix of dailes, world quest and discoverable content. While thereā€™s flight paths all over the place, I never end up using them except to get back to the base for my final turn-ins.

This is perplexing because all the reasons I love Nazjatar exist in Mechagon, and all the things I hate about Mechagon either exist in Nazjatar or effectively exist there because of the way I play.

I think really Mechagon just needs a Neri.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I have returned for a month!

2 Likes

800 Unshackled rep to go. 355 Rustbolt rep to go. And then I can fly.

I could get the Rustbolt rep tonight, easy peasy. But that Unshackled rep is still gating me.

I could just wait until tomorrow and have it in minutes. Or I can spend the rest of the night working on it. Is it insanity telling me to try grinding out those random turn-ins, like the large crab claw? Or is it perseverence? Or has the amount of time Iā€™ve spent in Nazjatar allowed Nā€™zoth to enter my mind?

From beneath you, it devours. I just need four claws.

1 Like

Probably yes.

2 Likes