Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

In hindsight I think I perverted the purpose of the lounge by making wow related comments so, on a lighter note, I thought I could post links yesterday but apparently I was just able to sneakily edit one into a comment. Weird that it lets you do that.

Per my understanding, itā€™s ok as long as itā€™s nothing too deep that can stand alone in its own thread. Hence my musing on how magic Elf eyes work, and much of the things Yven posts. And as long as we donā€™t getā€¦ too heated with each other here.

Wasnā€™t it a youtube video? Youtube, and a couple other ā€œtrusted sitesā€ can be linked to by anyone of at least Rank 2. Maybe even Rank 1, but I was already 2 whenI tried.

1 Like

Yeah it was. They really need to better define what you can and canā€™t do at certain trust levels.

Oh good. In that case, did you guys see thereā€™s a new tricorne green in the game as of this patch? Itā€™s like the PotC Davey Jones version all covered in barnacles. Love that hat type.

1 Like

Neat, in also happy news YOU CAN GET TATTERSAIL AS A FOLLOWER!

1 Like

I do like the cloth set.

If I didnā€™t already have a Frost Mage, Iā€™d consider making a Tidesage. Probably with this battle pet.

3 Likes

cries in plate

Iā€™m staying in my shipwrecked/day at the beach set this whole patch harumph

1 Like

A quick mock up of said hypothetical Tidesage:

6 Likes

Nice

1 Like

I legit have an entire folder (technically two, if you count the long abandoned Horde folder) of character concepts. Some of which will probably never see the light of played time.

3 Likes

Heh, iā€™m same with my Pathfinder characters, moreso now with the switch to 2e.

I try to curtail my enthusiasm in tabletops. Given their pacing, Iā€™d need at least 100 lifetimes to play all my character concepts to max.

Speaking of, I indirectly got everyone in my dnd group, except for me, killed last week.

1 Like

Same.

And oof.

An entire hour of oof. Iā€™m a Moon Elf Warlock, and Titania is my patron. So, as weā€™re taking a short rest before the dungeonā€™s boss, I call her up. Have a bit of a chat, petition her to give me a couple spell slots back, 'cus sheā€™s an absolute peach like that.

But Archfey are easily offended.

And half-Orcs arenā€™t reknown for their etiquette and social graces.

The only reason she let me survive is because instead of immediately jumping to the Barbarianā€™s defense and trying to hit her, I instead tried to use flattery and charm to try and calm her down. I go back tonight to try some medicine checks to see if I can get anybody up, and hope that doesnā€™t make her mad.

2 Likes

Lol

ā€œWhat did we learn?ā€

1 Like

Car shopping all day.

I dislike people.

I dislike machines.

Send help.

2 Likes

sends hugs

2 Likes

I have mentally entertained a LotR Tabletop RPG where some random Player playing a Dwarf in the Iron Hills tries to summon a Fire Elemental despite there being no Fire Elementals and when the DM asks what the Player means said Player mentions WoW Elementals.

DM(in my imagined Tabletop RPG) allows the Player to summon the Elemental and the Player rolls a natural 20 and the DM being sadistic causes the Player to summon Ragnaros who kills him forcing a reroll. He first rerolls as a Mordor Orc and attempts to summon a Sound Elemental and rolls(you guessed it) a natural 20 and summons Murmur and dies again causing another reroll.

Having rerolled as a Moria Orc the Player tries to summon an Earth Elemental only to roll a 1 which the sadistic DM causes to summon Deathwing destabilizing reality enough that Middle Earth and Azeroth merge with a portal to Deepholm appearing in Moria with Earth Elementals spilling out and attacking Moria Orcs.

DM gets the idea to just tell the Players the crazy aftermath of this and end result:

Boromir appeals to Garroshā€™s War loving attitude and gets Gondor and Rohan into the Horde.

Ragnaros invades Lothlorien alongside Archimonde who manages to take advantage of the chaos.

Neptulon shows up in front of the Grey Havens!

Saruman(mentioned in the books to be capable of appearing as Gandalf) hijacks the Blue Dragonflight by posing as a Blue Dragon and using his enthralling voice.

Varian gets corrupted by Sarumanā€™s voice into further warmongering to the point where he murders Anduin and declares war on Theramore then gets turned into a Uruk Hai and finally Sha corrupted thanks to Sarumanā€™s experiments.

Following Garroshā€™s downfall Sylvanas uses the Forsaken Blight to wipe out Sauronā€™s armies at the Black Gate causing Sauron to flee. Gondorians and Rohirrim arenā€™t disgusted with the Blight at all merely seeing it as a Game Changer for the war.

Sauron gets stabbed by Frostmourne and has his Soul shoved into the blade by the Lich King.

The Lich King gets the Ring only for Sauron to use his connection to it to hijack Arthasā€™s body.

The Ring is ultimately destroyed due to someone knocking the Ring off of Sauronā€™s Finger leaving Sauron with just the Lich Kingā€™s power(and Frostmourne) until he is killed upon the Frozen Throne andā€¦

Saruman teams up with the Avatar of Sargeras to cause the Scouring of the Shire and destroy the merged worlds of Azeroth and Middle Earth.

1 Like

Half time snack break. Got the Cleric and Paladin up, and they took it from there.

Proposed this as our theme song. Itā€™sā€¦ intetesting for a boss theme.

3 Likes

Yay! And oooo

Who is most to blame for the state of Tyria during GW1 and GW2?

Considering Balthazar waged War the moment he first set foot in Tyria and it was the Tyrian Wars alongside the Magic gifted by Abaddon resulted in said Magic being rescinded and Abaddon waging war on the 5 Gods which led to his capture upon which Balthazar imprisoned him with chains of Torment which drove Abaddon insaneā€¦

Obviously Balthazar is responsible for the monster Abaddon became which led to his death which led to the Elder Dragon Rise which led to Balthazarā€™s own imprisonment(due to his hot-headedness finally being to great to ignore) and upon his escape attacked Kralkatorrik leading to his death and Kralkatorrikā€™s rise as a threat.

Balthazar is the primary cause of everything in GW1 and GW2 at the moment to my mind.

1 Like