Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

The upside is, your fancy hat is back.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the downside.

Has anyone else noticed that Leeroy Jenkins only got his group killed because he was facing an Automated Opponent? A real life enemy would be caught off guard by a guy randomly rushing in screaming at the top of his lungs and be killed by Leeroy!

A bunch of Bats and Birds(the closest things to a Dragon Whelp) would run at the sight of a Leeroy Jenkins rushing in screaming at the top of his lungs rather than engage him regardless of their advantage!

1 Like

My felguard is going to go on strike if I donā€™t improve his benefits package. Thereā€™s a mention of better food, a few extra souls per week, and two weeks at Gallywixā€™s Pleasure Palace.

Poor guy is getting the crap beat out of him in the new zones. I may have to give in to his demands.

2 Likes

Rescued Baine, felt exactly as terrible as I thought it would be. Not even a speech bubble letting me question why I would be here helping the Horde as a Night Elf.

Blizzard: ā€œBecause the Humans told you to. Are you new here?ā€

4 Likes

Youā€™re a Druid, focus on the green, thereā€™s a whole lot of it there.

I appreciated that at least two humans called them out on their bs during and after. Genn and Mathias are my bros now.

1 Like

The same Shaw that showed the most amount of sympathy heā€™s ever possessed towards Baine after the tele?

But Baine is everything that is good and pure about the Horde.

So much so, that even Mathias ā€œCan You Say The Same For Teldrassil?ā€ Shaw must protecc

1 Like

https://media.giphy.com/media/25JVd9Frd4jdZOJ18c/giphy.gif

I think the tele switched peopleā€™s souls. We donā€™t have an official teleportation oversight network and regulation like what Oculeth suggested afterall.

2 Likes

Probably not worth an entire thread, but something about Lorā€™themar just started bugging me. Why is his damaged eye white? Does an eye really need to be intact to emanate Fel energy? Iā€™d say probably not, since the Illidari outright gouge theirs out. :thinking:

1 Like

Was it damaged before that? That might be why.

1 Like

Well before, iirc. Though it escapes me if he got it damaged by Zulā€™jin (or another Amani), or during the Scourge invasion.

It just strikes me as odd now that physical damage would affect the way Elves (and presumably Zandalari) ā€œreflectā€ the ambient magic of their given species. Especially with a whole sect of eyeless Elves with Fel magic pouring out of the sockets.

1 Like

I thought it was Zulā€™jin who took his eye which was why the favor was returned when the Amani leader lost his. Admittedly, it has been a while since I read up on it.

3 Likes

I think with the Demon Hunters is because either A) theyā€™re actually producing a lot of Fel and/or B) the specific ritual daggers they use to blind themselves.

1 Like

He actually lost it during Scourge invasion while investigating one of the mooncrystals.

Searing pain flared in Lorā€™themarā€™s eye, sending jolts of white-hot agony throughout his head and body. He knew in an instant that his left eye was useless, and without the intervention of a healer, it probably would be for the rest of his life.

I honestly donā€™t mind Lorā€™themarā€™s blind eye not glowing. The glow of Forsaken eyes immediately dissipated after they died in ā€œSafe Havenā€, so I think blind eye doesnā€™t produce glow. As for Demon Hunter eyes, I think it indicates that they have Spectral Sight.

6 Likes

Demon Hunters have no eyes at all and the Fel itself is giving them Spectral Sight. Lorthemar may have lost sight in his eye yet his eye is still there though obviously Magic no longer flows through it.

2 Likes

I dunno. Just randomly struckme as odd for some reason. It seemed like the inherent magic is there and should be able to still emanate, regardless of the functionality of the biological eye.

Though, for comparisonā€™s sake, I have trouble recalling disabilities of any kind in any species in Warcraft. Thereā€™s Drekā€™thar. And Blind Mary, though she gouged out her own eyes (sensing a bit of a theme).

1 Like

Yeah, like Galenorn, I can divorce obvious character shilling from the rest of what went on in that campaign. That whole last part was fantastically stupid and cringey. I was expecting Jaina and Thrall to make out.