Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

Spoilers Hanashi.

1 Like

Speaking of Anime: Itā€™s a shame that there are no Magical Girl Anime where the Main Magical Girl is a Mother when she was recruitedā€¦

1 Like

Well arenā€™t they by definition all girls when the shows take place? Having them be mothers would be a little awkward to have to explain depending on the intended demographic.

I noticed my rank in Cadence of Hyrule went from 4th to 21st, so decided to see how fast I could clear it now that I have a better handle of the game and was able get my speed run time down by more than four hours and got back to 5th place.

I still collected all the heart containers and pieces and all the permanent equipment, though, so obviously Iā€™m still way slower than people who just book it straight for Ganon. This is the first game with a permadeath mode that Iā€™ve ever completed, though, and Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m really comfortable trying to clear it without all the gear.

2 Likes

There are Teenage Mothersā€¦ 16 is the age where Japanese Girls can get married as Sailor Moon itself mentioned.

Speaking of Sailor Moon:

Sailor Moon Crystal itself had Rei/Sailor Mars speculate that Chibiusa was Usagiā€™s Illegitimate Child( even though Usagi would have to be 9 Years old which would require horrible things done to Usagi or Usagi playing with certain Male Reproductive Material donations that no responsible adult would let her near )ā€¦ This was done before it was discovered that Chibiusa was from the future!

Shoujo(Little Girlsā€™ television in Japan) is willing to outright mention the possibility of 14 Year Old Girls having 5 Year Old Children! Why not have a Magical Girl Teen Mom?

Of course such a show would have the Magical Girl at 14(Age of Consent) during the 1st Season and if the writers wanted the daughter to become a Magical Girl have a Time Skip to 4 Years later in the 2nd Season or have the daughter thrown into a Time Warp in whatever Season the writers desire!

Send help, Discord is dead
Edit: nvm, back online

1 Like

Iā€™m so checked out of the story these days. Iā€™m not expecting any satisfaction until at least 8.3

1 Like

Some things just arenā€™t worth thinking about.

2 Likes

And yet Toei dared to have Rei suggest 14 Year Old Usagi to have a 5 Year Old Child! They would have gotten newcomers to the Show thinking about the implications(that Usagi gave birth at the age of 9) regardless!

That kind of birth could only happen through 2 methods:

The 1st method is unspeakable crimes and abuse.

The 2nd method is letting Usagi access to Male Genetic Material Donations at the age of 9(which suggests school teachers/parents stupid enough to take a 9 Year Old to the facility and incompetent staff whoā€™d let a child near the donations).

A show where the writers go for the 2nd method would probably not expose the Children with the sheer horror the 1st method would Iā€™d assume.

Or you could just write it off as a bad plot point from an old TV show. Not everything needs to be dissected to see what kind of narrative possibilities can result from every last bit of trivia.

2 Likes

2014 is old? I thought Sailor Moon Crystal was young compared to the original Sailor Moon Anime!

I seriously doubt even the Japanese ever seriously entertained the possibility they were going to go with an underage pregnancy for someone who hadnā€™t even hit double digits even if one of the characters considered the possibility. Especially not for a relatively mainstream anime that Is aimed at children and maybe teens.

1 Like

On another Anime topic: Why are all the Main Magical Girls of Magical Girl Teams Sakura Pink(Pretty Cures and Madoka) or White(Sailor Moon and Nanoha) themed?

Why arenā€™t there any Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange and Teal Lead Magical Girls? The Japanese should try it out at least once! If they are afraid to take too big a step they can use Purple since itā€™s close enough to Pink/Magenta.

Also: The Magical Girl Leads are usually Upbeat and Energetic despite Cold and Aloof Characters being more popular! I can think of only one example(Amu from Shugo Chara) so why donā€™t we see more Cold and Aloof Lead Magical Girls?

Tradition I guess. Though Iā€™d argue in Madoka Homura(purple) took over the protagonist role toward the end of the series after the big reveal.

You seem to be doing amazingly already, so I think you should try it! Youā€™d atleast be able to see how far you can get on your first try.

2 Likes

Dark Magical Girls usually have a Movie or Episode near the end of the Series dedicated to them entirelyā€¦ Madoka became the God of Hope at the end saved the day and in the Movie Homura became what she and everyone else considers the Villainā€¦

Fate Testarossa was basically the Main Character of the 1st Nanoha Movie and received dedication in Lyrical Nanoha Aā€™s along with Hayate and not Nanoha despite her being the Lead Heroine of Aā€™s who saved the day.

The Purple and Black Magical Girls usually get better billing and development in shows getting major episodes dedicated to them yet arenā€™t the Leadā€¦ Someone should do something about this!

Interestingly enough Pretty Cureā€™s most recent shows are starting to use Cyan and Blue for separate Magical Girls! Sailor Moon(Blue/Mercury, Navy Blue/Uranus and Cyan/Neptune) and Mermaid Melody(Aqua/Hanon and Indigo/Noel) did that but not Pretty Cure!

Wonder if Pretty Cure will eventually have a Show with Cyan, Blue and Indigo in one showā€¦

1 Like

Thank you so much for this ^.^

That episode was really intense. The meme video made it better in some waysā€¦ and way more heartbreaking in others! I appreciate it : )

Mom anime in general would be very appreciated! Or even just wife anime. Or steady girlfriend anime! I really like Wotaku for that, and the Okusan manga.

Iā€™m really beyond excited for 8.2! Iā€™ve been watching some launch coverage and holy cannoli, thereā€™s a lot more coming than I remembered. Looks like a combination of some of my favorite patches of old.

Lately Iā€™ve been playing another MMO, and while I do love it dearly, itā€™s been wearing me down. Social pressures leading to rushing, frequent high-stress group situationsā€¦ itā€™s got my overly-casual self pretty burnt out. A sprawling solo adventure at my pace through new exciting parts of my favorite world sounds like just what I need right now.

And then Mario Maker 2 comes out like three days later! Iā€™m gonna try to make World of Warcraft inspired levels >:D

1 Like

The expressions on Genn in the new cutscene are great. Iā€™m going to make lewd captions of them when I get home.

4 Likes

TMI.

Also send links afterwards.

2 Likes

Man. Iā€™ve been pretty detached from WoW for a good bit now. To the point that I no longer haunt these forums with my avatar ghost while bored at work.

Itā€™s a good thing. The cycle is broken. WoW can now safely slide into the incinerator of my heart and be consigned to oblivion.

But boy, I just saw that cinematic. You know the one. I havenā€™t watched it. Donā€™t want to. But Iā€™ve seen enough comments to get the gist.

And by the fury of the Dark Lady, I am honestly flabbergasted.

If this expac truly ends with a ā€œDefense of Thunderbluffā€-esque raid, then my opinion of WoW would sink even lower. I had thought that impossible, yet it plunges ever downwards.

This must be how Game of Thrones fans felt.

EDIT: Huh. Guess my lament must have pleased some gods somewhere, because for the first time in such a long time, my avatar popped back in to existence.

EDIT 2: Whelp. It finally happened. My avatar came back, but I can no longer post. Guess they finally caught me without my sub. I can still edit though. So take that!!!

Since I can only talk through editing my own posts, I suppose this really is the last post from me, since I donā€™t plan on renewing my sub anytime soon.

So have a good one guys! Remember to eat your greens, like vegetables and Blight. And be nice to one another, or so help me my internet ghost will reach through the screen and unplug your phone at night so it doesnā€™t charge.

9 Likes