Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I think necros are allowed in World’s End.

1 Like

Oh they are?

cracks knuckles

1 Like

I love me a good Male Human Paladin fight.

When do you start tearing each other’s armor off and rolling around in mud?

2 Likes

Tbf, Grand’s a Paladin. It’s not a necro, it’s a rez.

4 Likes

It is done.

According to Zelda Lore most of the Links aren’t reincarnations of each other. The only incident of reincarnation is OoT Link reincarnating as Twilight Princess Link according to Hyrule Historia and in that case the OoT Link’s ghost remains a separate being from the TP Link!

1 Like

This is true. In general, Ganondorf returns or resurrects directly (with the exception of Four Swords Adventure, which I dislike the notion of, even if FSA is one of my favorite Zelda games) as the manifestation of Demise’s curse. Zeldas are all direct bloodline descendants that carries Hylia’s power from one generation to the next by birth. And Links are the most abstract, where Links represent the spirit of a hero, but do not actually have to be related to each other biologically, reincarnation, or resurrection wise.

Hyrule/Zelda Encyclopedia states that sometimes the Skyward Sword Zelda reincarnates as a Princess named Zelda on rare occasions…

Judging from Aonuma’s referring to the Light Force as Hylia’s Soul in interviews(which would indicate that the Minish gave the Goddess’s Soul to her descendants) I would assume the Encyclopedia is referring to Minish Cap’s Princess Zelda while the others are their own person.

Judging from Breath of the Wild the Goddess Hylia regained her Godhood after the incident with Vaati(who claimed most of Hylia’s Soul and became a God himself) and the Mage’s Cap of limitless power(which was destroyed when filled with the remnants of the Light Force/Hylia’s Soul).

Breath of the Wild comes at the end of any of the timelines. Vaati isn’t involved with Breath of the Wild.

When I get home I’ll get my Hyrule Historia off the shelf and the check the wording regarding the Zelda bloodline. The Zelda Encyclopedia might have some wording differences from Hyrule Historia, too.

Edit: Hyrule Historia actually doesn’t have a lot of detailed information. I just took a quick skim, haven’t put it under the microscope in a while, but at best so far I just saw the snippet on page 93 that is just a blurb in the A Link to the Past section that says “Princess Zelda. In her veins flows the blood of the goddess Hylia.”

Edit 2: The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia has a bit more, but not much. On page 14 in the section “The Royal Family Can Trace Their Roots Directly to the Goddess Hylia” it says:

When the goddess Hylia took on a mortal form, she chose to live among the Hylians.... In the past, Hylians were able to wield magic of considerable might, but, over time, that ability has faded. However, because they are of Hylia's bloodline, the royal family, especially its princesses, is still strong in magic. Hylia's power has manifested whenever Hyrule is in danger.

I think this is most clearly stated in Skyward Sword itself, by Demise:

My hate...never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow yor kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!

Edit 3: Just for the fun of it, photos of my various little Zelda shrines.

2 Likes

Am I losing it or has the font on the forums changed in the last couple hours?

4 Likes

lmao ohh my god

1 Like

I swear fo’ god I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe it’s a mobile thing?

Some of the numbers are fatter and whiter. Like the numbers that show post amounts.

Some of the words got fatter.

I got used to the words I think but I am still staring at the numbers…they are so big!

(The fact that I am experiencing the same thing as you might not assuage your concern about whether you are losing it or not.)

The Classic Beta Stress Test was a lot of fun! It was neat to relive memories, and to see how far we’ve come. Though I personally consider BFA to be a much better game in most regards, some stuff in Classic felt amazing even after all this time.

First, the general excitement and electricity of the community. Classic had a great energy, both in-game and on sites like Reddit. People were so happy! It made me smile. There were a few trolls, and some negativity about streamers and future expansions, but overall it was just a really fun, wild time with a bunch of new people ^.^

Second, class trainers!!! Holy cow I missed these so much. It’s hard to say why, exactly, but going back to the class trainer every level felt great. As a Shaman, my totem quest felt great. Selling vendor junk to afford Rockbiter Weapon felt great. It was just… ahh. So great!

Third, I think I prefer Orgrimmar as it was back then. Stormwind looks better to me now, I think, even without the Park District, but Orgrimmar got a little too imposing for my tastes. It felt great sitting on the Auction House roof again : )

Overall, I’m glad I got to play it for a couple of days. Feels like such a great time to be a Warcraft fan! Classic for people who long for those glory days, the modern game getting cool new content and amazing cinematics, and the Warcraft 3 remake is still coming up! What a great summer this is going to be~ :herb:

5 Likes

Yeah, I got to play a bit today. Really looking forward to Classic. Ended up doing a Night Elf Priest because I assumed Teldrassil would be less crowded (only vaguely true). Still waffling between Night Elf Druid (cool model and useful forms), Dwarf Shadow Priest (good PvP/DPS/Fear Ward), or Forsaken Shadow Priest if the group I’m with ends up going Horde (which is being discussed).

1 Like

People deride the Great Old Ones as unkillable Horrors yet in The Horror in the Museum the Eldritch God is shot dead by a pistol(despite the curator saying that was impossible) just as it turned the curator into a wax sculpture!

How was this revealed? By not only the Eldritch God being part of the work of art holding the wax corpse of the curator during the ending but the curator’s own statements that his assistant wanted to kill the thing and have it turned into an effigy(which the curator wanted to strangle him for).

The Assistant was sadistic since he showed glee at the narrator fainting. He was also a dark skinned foreigner…

Regardless of whether or not Orabona is Nyarlathotep the fact that he killed the thing with a pistol shows that Great Old Ones can infact be killed by mortal means in Lovecraft’s mind! They now seem less scary than the Old Gods!

Just as an FYI, the sims 4 is free right now on Origins.

Despite having played Classic for over 2 years, I think I’m going to roll a character when it launches. Class, though, is up in the air.

I played every class back then. Hey, I had a lot of time on my hands during those days. I was thinking of playing my first ever race/class - NE hunter.

Or I could play a Troll rogue again. I got pretty good at pvp on that character. Wish I never deleted her. Biggest mistake I ever made in this game. Too late to try and get her back, too. Maybe recreate my Troll prot warrior, which was my main for a time.

Man, tough decision.

1 Like

I might stick with Bard. For a “ranged, physical DPS” Job, Dancer looks alot like buff, buff, buff, buff, buff, buff, buff, buff, ranged attack, ranged attack, jump forward, melee attack.

1 Like

Well, that discord drama was a letdown. Much like high elves are as a race.

7 Likes

As the HElf Allied Race Community so dubbed us, the SF Unofficial Discord are a “ThreadLocking Terror.ist Hacker Caravan”.

6 Likes