Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

… do I want to ask?

Like, the epic, Arabian nights, travelling through the desert kind? Or the ubiquitous, maroon minivan kind?

1 Like

Maybe if their fanbase actually had solid arguments that did not devolve into contemptuous one-liners and isnta-bans anyone with a dissenting option that criticizes it. Gotta remove anyone that doesn’t toe the line with the official group-think.

Man, and I though /r/The_Donald was an echo chamber. Helfers take it to a whole new level.

I was thinking more Stephen Colbert-style caravan.

I was interested in hearing what the High Elf Discord had to say, as I had had some unpleasant experiences with some of their fans, but… well, I’m unsure what happened, but I’m genuinely unimpressed with the behavior their members displayed today.

3 Likes

I’m just sad that Shadowbringers will be coming out relatively close to Classic Warcraft. Still not sure if I want to rush doing content before Classic or just play the expansion further down the line. Still need to try to do some roleplay in it down the line.

I only have a max level samurai. But that video really makes me want to work for ninja if my other friends actually get into the game.

Classic’s kind of a no go for me, unless one of my RP friends starts paying my sub, like they say they want to ('cus I’m sure not paying for this). Even then, I’d probably only dabble in it, just like I did when Vanilla was current. I’m too spoiled to the QoL things I have now (and transmog).

I’m still leveling a Bard, because I got way behind doing a bunch of work in the early Spring. But I intend to eventually try all the ranged DPS Jobs. Probably after Shadowbringers goes live though, since some, like Machinist, are getting significant reworks, so it doesn’t make much sense to learn them now.

1 Like

I’ll play Classic only to be one of those obnoxious rogues who gank lowbies and people going to raids. I leveled a Druid back when auto-attack in nelf form did more damage than feral-spec cat form did, I can’t see myself playing another druid again. Even if feral got fun with 1.8 and T2+ gearing.

Can someone fill me in on the Discord drama. I am on no Discords and generally avoid High Elf threads on GD. I really ought to apply that to most of GD; it’s impossible to have an actual discussion on there regarding anything.

So I just rewatched a chunk of the cutscenes from WC3:TFT and the storytelling was just so damn good! None of this stupid “subversion of expectation” or wild shock-value twists. But good ol’ fashioned narrative devices like dramatic irony, consistent, internal logic, and so on. For instance, we the audience know that Sylvanas has defected from the Scourge. But Arthas doesn’t, and thinks her and her banshees are on his side. We know it’s coming, but the character doesn’t and that’s what makes it so damn good.

5 Likes

Basically, some of us joined a High Elf Discord, and a bunch of us got booted over accusations of being a “terrorist organization.” Really milquetoast drama tbh.

How are y’all terrorists?

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/high-elf-thread-is-locked-now/182106/787

3 Likes

Good question. We’re apparently unconventional terrorists, as in we don’t kill people in mass or assault ethnic or religious groups, but rather we supposedly get threads about elves locked. Supposedly, I’d never heard about the Helf thread or Discord til all this debacle.

I just saw a Blue post that that thread got locked due go technical reasons…

3 Likes

It’s my birthday today, and my sister (who is an R&D Chef for a very large baking company) made this for me:

13 Likes

Yo, happy birthday man! Cake looks great!

3 Likes

We disagreed with their groupthink narrative and called them out on their delusions. The thin-skinned weaklings then ran back to their safe-space where they can ban anyone who doesn’t preach the approved party line.

1 Like

Delusions? Thin-skinned weaklings? Good golly I was told that you people don’t like those in the pro Helf camp, but this seems to be a harsh stance to take wouldn’t you say? Especially when generalizing hundreds of people

I mean, were you there you would’ve seen them display this exact behavior.

2 Likes