Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 1)

I’ll guess tomorrow 8.2 will be put on the PTR. Probably wrong, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

It is now apparently !

2 Likes

Yep. ~7gig PTR download! Here we go boys!

2 Likes

I’m happy to be right. Downloading now. Now, we just have to wait for the servers to be actually working and character transfers to be enabled.

They posted a notice that the servers won’t be going live for a few hours yet.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rise-of-azshara-ptr-progress/152963

Meanwhile, I’m having so much fun watching the contractors repair all the water damage my upstairs neighbors caused, and I don’t have to pay a single cent. My apartment is a mess right now.

Well, we don’t need servers up for datamining.

We just need wowhead/mmo-c to start actually posting stuff.

goes back to refreshing both sites

I am in the wowhead discord and apparently it will take a bit more time than usual due to some changes in files names.

Guess this is a good time to go grab a snack then.

1 Like

Well, so begins the long watch.

So, fooling around on the PTR and doing the opening of Mechagon quest stuff on Horde side.

I have to say, I really like Gazlowe, and I’m not sure he’s going to be happy with my negotiating style. I gave the union rep overtime and hazard pay and free BBQ, but no donuts. Wait, I think I offered BBQ donuts. There were a good number of options besides free BBQ, too for the last negotiating offer.

Despite the crap story elsewhere, this looks like fun so far.

Don’t think the forums need more spam, so here’s the faction war in a nutshell:

2 Likes

Playing through the Kul Tiran Allied Race Questline it’s funny how the owner of a dog winds up finding out that the Wickerbeast who took her keys was infact her pet dog shoved into a Wickerbeast using what appears to be the same ritual as was used to summon Doggy to Abby Lewis’s tea party…

It’s nice to know Abby Lewis is still doing what she is doing even if we don’t see her… Fortunately Princess’s loyalty is still to her owner unlike Smoochums who reacted violently to my presence upon being shoved into a Wickerbeast form.

I… I think I might have hit rank 3. I can see the Lounge now.

Test:

Edit: Yes. I have, in fact, ascended.

6 Likes

Welcome to the club. Remember that with great power comes great responsibility. We must be ever vigilant never to abuse our powers.

Also, here’s a loop of Garrosh punching Thrall.

2 Likes

RiP

This is a full sentence.

2 Likes

See the lounge? Can you not before?

EDIT: video test

Oh hey I can also now post videos and stuff. Neat.

Is seeing the lounge now a reward? I wondered where it went.

I don’t know if you are speaking of this lounge, but Galenorn was speaking of a subforum which is called Lounge (there is a picture of it somewhere in this thread) and is only available to trust level 3 posters.

1 Like

I don’t even know what to do, now that I have it. Gifs are fun, though.

I more just surprised I got it. I have an account-wide suspension, a few temporary silences, and more than 5 posts flagged and removed. So :man_shrugging:

Not this one. There’s some secret Lounge sub-forum back on the main forums page, that only rank 3 people can see. Which I almost never see. When the forums first switched, and I tried to get back here, it put a quick link on my phone like an app that just takes me straight to the Story Forums.

1 Like