Stormpike Inisignia > Toy?

Someone mentioned in AV recently that this was happening in 8.2 but I see no evidence of such. Using a level 50 trinket is not doable. You could also take the 30-sec CD off of it, at least, but come on, it’s a toy.

Please move the quest giver inTO the instance so people can get their insig quest without having to accidentally stumble on the quest in BFE Hillsbarad.

1 Like

I don’t do AV’s much these days, but I always wonder how they’ve left this part so outdated for so long.

2 Likes

I’d even be happy if they brought back Runes of Recall - an item in your bag with no cd that did the same thing as the trinket except without gimping yourself.

I’d finally have something to spend marks of honor on!

1 Like

Even if they just made a mediocre scaled-up modern version of the trinket (with stamina/vers/avoidance or something), that would still be better than what we have now.

Recalling in AV is one of those things that makes Epic BG’s feel epic. That path of obtaining, upgrading, and utilizing the trinket over time in the hybrid PvP/PvE environment is at the heart of Alterac Valley as a unique large-scale battleground experience. I think if they embraced that more, it might make the modern AV better.

Moving the questgivers and other NPC’s inside the instance makes sense, but I also wish that they’d make the overworld “entrances” to these BG’s (those that exist anyway) more relevant with flightpaths and max-level vendors. They could have the same NPC’s in both places, anyway.

1 Like

You know you don’t have to keep it equipped? Just equip it, wait for the 30-sec cd, use it, then put your other trinket back on. I use my AV trinket quite often in AV matches that aren’t zergs. I loot a ton of corpses, then put my trinket on to go back and turn in scraps.

That said, making it a toy is a good idea was well.

1 Like

Agree that it’d be a nice upgrade if the insignia were turned into a toy.

Another element that could use modernization is the turnin system. It made total sense back in Vanilla when game systems and engineering time were limited, but today we have better. Instead of the old quest-based system, turnins in AV should work like they do in warfronts where talking to the NPC opens a frame that explains the next upgrade’s benefits, shows a progress bar indicating how many turnins remain, and a spammable button that makes it easy to dump a crapload of resources quickly. Bonus points if said resources are changed to not take up bag space like iron and wood in warfronts.

Oh, and while we’re at it: the ram/wolf training quest should be updated so you can bring in multiple rams/wolves at once so people might actually do them. In recent years I’ve seen literally every other upgrade happen except ram/wolf riders because it’s such a PITA that nobody bothers.

2 Likes

There is a small upgrade in the next patch to make summoning the ultimate units more obvious: a visual that displays on screen letting players know how far they are from summoning Ivus or Lok.

2 Likes

I’m pretty excited for this. I feel most players don’t even know about turning in scraps/crystals so they don’t do it.

2 Likes

Yes, I think it could encourage people to help loot and turn in (and then other quests might get more visibility too).

I’m hoping while they’re implementing the new UI, they might look at how people turn in too. Without DBM the turn ins are frustrating and slow.

Honestly AV was the first warfront, but it had to be programmed NPC by NPC, I bet. Mechagon already is using the turn-in system from warfronts already.

I keep my bag open when using the recall trinket so I can re-equip my regular one as soon as I get back to base. Got to be quick in case there’s a fight around the flag but usually you can do it in time.

3 Likes

It’s a nightmare. I always forget.

Yes but this is very frustrating if there is a battle at the aid station where you don’t get time to re-equip. Even so, unequipping and re-equipping means you have to wait the 30 seconds again. It shouldn’t be clunky gameplay.

1 Like

Yeah I do similar except I have my “C” equipment sets thing open and I rapidly doubleclick my BG set. I don’t trust the trinket going in the right slot, or accidentally clicking the wrong one.

Ooo one amazing change is auto turn in of crystals!

Where are you seeing these changes?

Currently when I turn in crystals all I have to do is talk to the druid once and however many crystals that I can turn in get turned in… do you mean something different is being implemented?

That is different. You used to have to interact each time to hand in a stack of 5 or 1 at a time.

Oh, I see, you meant an already current change is amazing.

^gif inspired by Jara

It’s new to me. Either way, it’s still an amazing change whether done a month ago or yesterday.

I think it’s an addon that does that for you. I think she is saying no addon is needed?

Anything to assist people who don’t know what they are doing will help. They are many.

As it stands, you have to keep talking to the guys to turn in more stacks. An auto-turn-in-all thing for everyone would help. As would meters letting people know that turn-ins are actually a thing and helpful things to boot would be welcome as well.

1 Like