Storm Chaser Achievement Impossible

Can we please have more predictability with the Primal Storms? I’m trying to do the ‘Storm Chaser’ achievement after Blizz dropped the Meta Achievement ‘A World Awakens’ for the Taivan mount. One of the few things I have left to do, are the different storms in the different zones. Yet despite keeping my eyes open as much for them as possible, it always seems the majority of storms spawn in the Waking Shore with the ones spawning in the other zones always being the thunderstorms. Can we please get a change to this so we can actually do the Meta Achievement? We’ve already lost having 2 storms up every 3 hours. And leaving it up to RNG seems to me that it’s impossible to complete in a timely manner, especially when I can’t be in game 24/7 watching for the storms I don’t have. Anybody else think this is an issue?

5 Likes

Wowhead has a tracker for storms on its frontpage.

5 Likes

Put in an NPC called a whetherman. He can predict where the storms will appear and what the storm will be. Whether he is correct is anybodies guess.

8 Likes

It’s a known problem they say they’re working on. Supposedly it’ll be better after this coming maintenance.

2 Likes

Whether is gets fixed only the Whetherman can tell. And he is only right sometimes.

5 Likes

Can this Weatherman predict when Nat Pagle will be back in the Ohn’ahron Plains?

3 Likes

This, I’m waiting on this too x.x’

1 Like

Yes, but he is often wrong.

2 Likes

Its very doable its just very boring. Check on the front page of poophead it tells you what’s active.

They’re working on a fix for it I heard.

That’s the sad part. I have been. And 85% of the time, it’s the Waking Shore. But I’ve read the bluepost that was replied above in the thread and it says they’re working on an update for this coming Tuesday. Here’s hoping they fix it. So annoying.

I plan to come back some time waaay in the future to do all these achievements because grinding them now is making my teeth (not to mention my poor sore hand) ache.

What would have been great is if all those rewards had been put in the game from the start. Then players would have had the months they were actually doing the content to earn all the achievements.

1 Like

WS, OP, AS, AS, WS, WS … :sleeping:

Just give me my darn Thalsdraszus Air …

it isn’t ‘impossible’. I did the entire thing in a week two weeks ago when it was all one storm at a time.

Took me around 2-3 weeks starting from zero. I work full hours, just keep track with wowhead tracker.

Hopefully today’s reset fixes the storm spawns back up to two. I’ve yet to catch a fire storm in the plains. Its the only storm I need for this forsaken achievement. I’m sure there have been some here and there, but none during the hours I can play the game the last two weeks. It kinda blows to be handcuffed by rng for an achievement tied to the meta.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there has only been one firestorm in the plains since the meta achieve came out. I think it was on April 2nd or 4th.

1 Like

2 storms are up! Of course they are both earth haha.

But hopefully i can finally get this achieve done/

So there are two now but one of the two was Ohn’ahran plains thunderstorm two times in a row. GG blizzard

Just got Nat Pagle a few minutes ago. There were dozens of players there jumping onto rafts.