Stop with the compromise threads

I mean, I can only assume that the way this is worded it is in contestation of my statement… if it is in agreement… maybe word it better?

I can’t wait for RDF to finally let the first dungeon ever in WoW’s history be run. It’s been years and nobody has completed a dungeon.

Sure they do. If they didn’t why do they respond to me at all?

The reason you can’t quote any is because it doesn’t exist.

Someone chiming in with a lack of knowledge and “bro game design” philosophy isn’t being shut down. If you think it is, well, that just is a testament to your own experience.

I seem to have won the one on RDF, as it isn’t in the game at launch.

Tell me, what do you think circular questions are? I can tell you right now, it’s NOT simply questions you can’t answer.

cringe much? Lemme rephrase… I’m not a special unicorn and I don’t run dungeons… I would run dungeons if grouping wasn’t a task that feels similar to going to the DMV.

1 Like

Stop begging for convenience is really my only answer. Stop trying to get rid of the world in World of Warcraft. I’m very very sorry that you can’t instantly teleport to dungeons and have to engage with other players to go adventuring into a multiplayer dungeon.

You’ve made a claim, but we don’t know if it has merit.

This is what I responded to, and the statement I made was:

I’m pointing out that we don’t know whether what you’re claiming is accurate or wildly inaccurate.

Personally, I suspect that Dungeon Finder has had a much further reaching negative impact on WoW than people think, but this is merely an opinion that I hold based on personal perspective and biases. I have not been privy to data nor do I claim to have any insight that any other WoW player wouldn’t have.

However, I’m not sure that modern WoW players really care about the types of shared social experiences that we had back when WoW was new and fresh, so whether adding Dungeon Finder to Classic would be as impactful as is has been for Retail is questionable. Again, also just in my opinion.

And as I also stated in my original comment, I’m not really anti or pro RDF. If Dungeon Finder is added to WotLK Classic, I’ll most likely just use it a lot.

What a cringe statement.

Teleporting or flying into a dungeon = same thing bud… im not in the world… I’m in an instance… what does it matter how I get there… if we were on ground mounts… totally different argument… but alas… you are still wrong… and teleporting removes nothing from the game.

I responded directly to that, and also to the part where you said that introversion isn’t encouraged, and pointed to OSRS, a very good MMO that doesn’t lean either way, and has most content designed to be done either way. It doesn’t encourage grouping, it doesn’t encourage solo content, in general. You keep ignoring Ironman mode (which I’m sure you’ve never logged onto), and every other real-game example. Don’t say they “aren’t relevant”, because without examples of how OSRS is actually played, you can’t make a case for whether or not it leans one way or another.

That part is NOT irrelevant, because I’m directly talking about your claim of extroversion being encouraged over introversion in MMOs.

Your big failure here is that you’ve dug yourself into a hole you are now trying to unwind, and you keep getting shorter and shorter with what you’re responding to (ever shrinking quotes) and you keep getting shorter and shorter and more vague with your responses.

Go get a fire cape. Hell, you can buy Chinchompas if it will make it easier for you.

That’s what I think is so brilliant about Old School RuneScape’s design (and other games). Ignoring its obvious flaws in terms of combat, I love the fact it can be played both ways. Most of the time when I used to play retail WoW (even during TBC and WotLK) it was alone, as time went on it seems I needed groups for more and more things.

This is like the pro-flying argument in Retail.

At a certain point ESPECIALLY on PvP Servers/Warmode, it makes a big difference. Why not just add in a teleport option where you click the map and PRESTO you’re there? What fun is running?

huh, We’re talking about RDF bud… not some weird strawman what if thing you trying to push here.

If I teleport or fly directly to the dungeon… I’m not in the world… I’m moving through it untouchable… what does it matter to anyone else how I go from point A to B if you can’t do anything about it… on a pvp or pve server… I don’t know how else to help you understand… crayons? pop-up pictures?

Dreamsphere is a massive troll please don’t let her baiting paint all of us RDF players in a bad light.

Because you can be killed at the summoning stone if you fly and summon people.

What does it matter if you’re ever open running in the world? What exactly are you against teleports for on the map? On a PvE server, especially?

You responded to it without understanding what the word “encourage” means, evidently.

But not all, right? Again, that’s where you’re failing. NOT all content is designed this way. Some content is group content, which means extroversion and group play is encouraged, which backs my original statement that MMOS ENOUCRAGE EXTROVERSION. Have I cleared this up for you? What are you still not understanding?

Because it isn’t relevant.

It isn’t relelvant, because, as I’ve told you multiple times now, I’m not making a case for whether or not it leans one way or another. That has never been my argument. That’s an argument you are assigning me, a strawman, a fallacy. Again, if you want to best me, you have to best MY arguments, not arguments you’ve invented for me.

Please quote where I made this claim. I’ll be waiting.

No, my big failure here is entertaining people that have little knowledge or experience in the things they are talking about.

That’s because I don’t respond to incoherent ramblings. I respond to relevant portions of people’s posts. 5 strikes, you’re out Confidence.

We should not compromise we should conquer. RDF as it was or the game burns to the ground.

Pro-RDF threads will stop when RDF is added. Cool?

The same could be said of all content.

1 Like

It’s absolutely relevant, because it encourages Introversion. Some content can only be done solo, like the Inferno, which encourages introversion.

You also made the claim that Introversion isn’t really encouraged.

Are you saying that RuneScape encourages both extroversion and introversion? Perhaps that would be acceptable.

But you’re ignoring anything RuneScape does that deals with Introversion, and you’re sticking to very vague concepts rather than pointing to an actual instance in RuneScape where extroversion is encouraged. I don’t know if you can even point to one. You’ve yet to. Just vague “GROUPING IS ENCOURAGED”. And “You do realize you have to group up with other players to do a lot of content in runescape.” You haven’t pointed to one instance where you need to, Bloomsday (I can call people by their names to imply intensity on the forums, too).

If anything, being introverted is MORE encouraged in OSRS, though I would argue neither is really encouraged. If you want to say that both are encouraged, it’s a very strange take and acceptable, though I still think it’s false. Your first comment was directly related to introversion, not extroversion, and then you later changed to saying that Extroversion is encouraged in MMOs. Unless you can point to a different original statement than the one I just quoted, that was not your original statement. And to use OSRS as an MMO that “encourages extroversion” is just being disingenuous, because, as I stated and have demonstrated through concrete examples and aspects of the game, if anything it encourages introversion.

Cross-Server or Same realm… you a random on my server is the same as being a random on another server… literally makes no difference…

It makes a difference to me when I see those people again and their is a nod of recognition–particularly if we survived some crazy chain pull or had something funny happen in the last group. That’s basically how I’ve met a lot of people in this game, including guilds I’ve spent years in.

and please stop about that “It makes people prone to be toxic”… no… no it doesn’t… being on the internet does that if anything…you are either a toxic or not a toxic person before anything else… running a random dungeon doesn’t change you into that.

I don’t know that it makes people more toxic, but it does remove any reputational repercussions from toxic behavior in a lot of instances. That might influence whether somebody will do something toxic, I’d think. Also, I’m sure people will find ways to abuse/dodge the kick feature–I have memories of that going back to WotLK.

There are 0 valid arguments for anti-RDF… so please stop with the threads.

Yeah, totally. RDF is an issue that has zero nuance and everybody’s game experience matches your own…Give me a break with the extremist stances.

I get that some of you are exasperated and desperate for this feature. Don’t pretend that it’s an objective fact based stance you’ve taken and not a personal one.

2 Likes

In the end, we’ll end up with Retail.

A majority of the pure RDFers are posting on Retail toons as well, which is hilarious.