Stop throwing gear around and rewarding mindless play

Yeah I was just looking at your armory, I can clearly tell you’re a casual that only collects stuff which is fine. I collect stuff but the majority of it is mog/mounts anymore, although I don’t collect reskins of mounts for the # I collect rare/unique mounts like miniron etc.

But the entire topic is about the availability of gear and the lack of work you do to acquire it as a beginner and those players wanting mythic raid ilvl gear for little to no effort without even stepping into a mythic raid.

Why does a world quest hero need heroic ilvl loot?

Oh it’s plenty relevant. The raid is old, there’s a new raid out. People have gotten their AOTC and heroic ilvl, not as many people are running it anymore because it’s the end of the raid tier.

It’s no different than a movie having its showtimes reduced after showing for a month.

Who? Who are we trying to get to release their logs?

It’s more like, no one is going to carry you through 2 tiers to get you up to speed. In TBC, simply because of that, it was fairly easy to get stuck in t4 Karazhan/heroics. No one wants you raiding with them unless you have the experience or a powerful class, but you can’t obtain the experience without doing the raid. Catch 22.

Noones answered the question though, why as a casual do you need 415-425 gear for the content you’re doing and will be stuck doing throughout the expansion if you never better your self.

Like I said if you feel you need special feel good badges to prove your good at a video game, then more power to you, but don’t think your special when other people work at other things you don’t just as hard. Only difference between us and you we don’t need shiny feel good badges.

Why not? So they’re at the baseline for 8.2 when it releases and they don’t have to grind out WQs? Why do you care so much about it?

We’re still on that raid tier, therefore it’s not “old” that’s not how it should work. If the content is current content, it’s not old. When 8.2 drops, it will be old.

I’m still wondering if I’m the one in question about the logs or to prove something that I actually did instead of getting carried.

Yeah it’s current like a gallon of milk a day before its expiration date.

It’s not about need. It’s about progression. Why should my progression end, but yours gets to continue? That represents an imbalance to me.

3 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up. You have friends. Have them carry you?

Just started the game? Well yeah go back and gear up since 8.0 learn your class if you are new to the game quest do LFR learn how to work with other people. This is a mmo after all? You seemed to be confused by that?

I’m still wondering what you’d like for me to prove.

Hahaha, love how you edited your post the moment you got proved wrong so it became a completely different point all together. Keeping the original quote in place so people don’t miss what you originally asked.

BC had Badges of Justice which allowed you to catch up by running dungeons.
WotLK had multiple different levels of badge gear.
Cataclysm had vendors that you could simply purchase items from for gold.
Mists of Pandaria had gear vendors and random token drops which allowed you to easily catch up if you missed a raid tier for whatever reason.
Warlords of Draenor had tokens which you earned from your Garrison mission table or gained from vendors. Fairly sure farmable rares also dropped tokens, but I’m a bit rusty on WoD end-game…

Point is that catch up mechanics like this have existed for a long time.

1 Like

That doesn’t answer anything. Why do you need heroic loot to do world quest?

Doesn’t matter, it’s current content, therefore it shouldn’t be consider “old content”. When 8.2 and new raid comes out, then it’s old content and that’s when WQ’s should adapt to that raid’s ilevel.

If all you’re doing is norm and heroic raid content you don’t need 415-425 gear to clear it, that doesn’t make sense to me if you need more of a handicap then you’re just outgearing content to the point you can faceroll it and it won’t even be relevant.
That’s basically me running lfr in my gear which is 419 equipped, why would I want to do that. Unless you actually plan to move into mythic the question was why would you need mythic raid gear to do world quests, lfr/norm/heroic prog.

What’re you talking about my logs? Logs for what?

Again, why not? It gives the WQ casuals some progression to pursue if they don’t raid or do M+. I fail to see how them enjoying the game and having alternative, slow gearing methods impacts you personally.

I see nuance is wasted on you.